The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like Australia.

It will be 12-18 months at least before we resume international travel. The gov put out a 4 stage recovery plan yesterday and international travel is in stage 3. They are saying stage 2 won’t kick in until sometime next year. On the bright side it looks like my lockdown period coincides with Derby’s crap period.

13 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not for you to judge though is it? If this were your dad, your uncle or some other loved one, would you still feel it to be so trifling a matter? I know I'd react if I saw my dad being jostled and pulled around like that. It wouldn't be pretty and no apologies would be sought. So easy to say it's not a big deal when it's not you or yours on the end of it.

As it is, the main protagonist has now been charged with common assault so it will now be in the hands of the court. Whether you agree with Whitty's stance or not, this is not the fist time he's endured such behaviour and I'd promote his right to be able to walk through a park without being being gripped up over the rights of the louts responsible, all day, every day.

That’s where this stuff gets tricky ,,, death penalty for instance is something I’m pretty sure I would want imposed for horrific crime if they were committed against a loved one but by the same token I’m not sure if I can agree with them morally when not personally impacted ??‍♂️,

were this my son with whitty ( lucky would never be ) would I want him to lose his job and poss his whole future for something so stupid but not malicious ? I’m not so sure ,,,though I would be having serious words in terms of proper apology and NEVER behaving that way again with anyone , youngsters can be bloody stupid sometimes ,some Learn from it some don’t , you only find out which it is by giving the chance

Edited by Archied

3 hours ago, Archied said:

That’s where this stuff gets tricky ,,, death penalty for instance is something I’m pretty sure I would want imposed for horrific crime if they were committed against a loved one but by the same token I’m not sure if I can agree with them morally when not personally impacted ??‍♂️,

were this my son with whitty ( lucky would never be ) would I want him to lose his job and poss his whole future for something so stupid but not malicious ? I’m not so sure ,,,though I would be having serious words in terms of proper apology and NEVER behaving that way again with anyone , youngsters can be bloody stupid sometimes ,some Learn from it some don’t , you only find out which it is by giving the chance

At 24 the guy's hardly a nipper, is he? If his moral compass is still so wildly off the mark at this point, it might just be that rather from being in his formative years (LOL), the guy is just a banker. 

As for losing his job, I really couldn't care less. They obviously knew who Whitty is, they knew he wasn't a willing participant and they put their hands on him all the same. With a high-profile figure like this, if you are too stupid to factor in that there are likely to be ramifications when you film yourself, then compound the error by sharing the vid for likes, you deserve everything you get. If his employers had not sacked him for this little escapade, they'd probably have had to fire him at some point anyway, as he's clearly dumb as a sack of rocks.

Common assault is an offence in English law, provided by section 39 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988.

Common assault has a maximum penalty of six months imprisonment and / or a fine. However, if you are being charged for the first time, a custodial sentence is unlikely, and a fine is the usual punishment.

Because its the police and not Prof. Whitty pressing the charges, then if the chap hasn't had any other convictions then he'll get a pretty hefty fine seeing that its in the national media and all over the internet, along with some unpaid work, like sweeping St.James Park of its dogs**t.

With it looking like the lockdown and most or possibly all restrictions coming to an end on the 19th. Is anyone still planning to carry on with any of the safety recommendations, like washing and sanitizing their hands or wearing a mask?

3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

With it looking like the lockdown and most or possibly all restrictions coming to an end on the 19th. Is anyone still planning to carry on with any of the safety recommendations, like washing and sanitizing their hands or wearing a mask?

If I am not feeling well, I will most certainly wear a mask if I have to venture out, because I don't think that any sane individual should be comfortable spraying their potentially noxious sputum over others.

9 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I can't believe the number of people who think basic hygiene is an optional extra and have had to be re-educated during the pandemic.

To answer your question, I will continue to wash my hands as often as I've always done and will keep a mask with me for particularly crowded situations where I have to remain for a while.

Most importantly,  I will stay at home when under the weather. If this virus has changed any behaviour it should be that where people feel they should still work or even go out having fun when they have a cold. It's not very sociable, really, is it?

35 minutes ago, angieram said:

Most importantly,  I will stay at home when under the weather. If this virus has changed any behaviour it should be that where people feel they should still work or even go out having fun when they have a cold. It's not very sociable, really, is it?

Doesn't pay your mortgage or put food on the table though ?

There have been times in my life when I was younger that I had to work long hours regardless of how I felt to fund my lifestyle, having time off for a sniffle (or worse) was never an option.

33 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Doesn't pay your mortgage or put food on the table though ?

There have been times in my life when I was younger that I had to work long hours regardless of how I felt to fund my lifestyle, having time off for a sniffle (or worse) was never an option.

I'm sure the law is on your side if you are sacked for having time off work ill.

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm sure the law is on your side if you are sacked for having time off work ill.

But people with limited income often won't/can't take that chance, how will they survive until a new job, or will they get a reference? They'll probably be unable to sign on, etc. 

I think the best you could hope for is that workers with 'sniffles' wear a mask, as often occurs in other parts of the world?

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But people with limited income often won't/can't take that chance, how will they survive until a new job, or will they get a reference? They'll probably be unable to sign on, etc. 

I think the best you could hope for is that workers with 'sniffles' wear a mask, as often occurs in other parts of the world?

That's a good idea, Roy. I do realise some employers are more responsible than others. Really, we should be campaigning for ALL employers to be responsible, but that's a debate for another Forum! 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Out of interest, do you wear a similar mask to that on your avatar? 

Yes. I like to remind people that Covid-19 is a killer. I have another one which is also skull-themed, and I alternate when one's in the wash.

Edited by Eddie