The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

53 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This guy travels all over the world at will, but he'd rather we all erred on the side of caution. Yeah, whatever.

In a bubble, doing his job. He's only saying he'd rather the fans stay safe, but yeah, whatever.

7 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

In a bubble, doing his job. He's only saying he'd rather the fans stay safe, but yeah, whatever.

He could stay home and keep himself safe if he was that worried about safety. He could just say - keep safe when you visit Silverstone, like I try to do in my job!

2 hours ago, Rev said:

One of the people my wife supports at work is the lead contact with a firm called Cognizant, title sponsors of Aston Martin F1, liasing on a daily basis.

Imagine his delight last week, when he opened up a corporate invite from them, and it was for a virtual wine tasting event held to coincide with the Friday of the GP.

Meanwhile his boss, also supported by the missus, and who has nothing to do with said firm, received an invite to the Sunday of the GP, complete with a luxury transfer from his home address and back, full hospitality and pit lane access!

My wife's a massive F1 fan, and heavily involved in the account, they sometimes send her a complementary lanyard holder.

And there we have a classic example of capitalism. The people who do all the work get crumbs while the bosses get all the rewards.

4 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

'Green Watchlist' - absolute joke. 

Main problem now for holidays and general risk is the increased cases. 

It doesn't make any difference really, because with the exponentially growing number of Delta variant cases in the UK, no sane foreign country will accept people from Britain in a month or two's time, vaccinated or not, until they are satisfied that there is minimal risk to their own citizens - and that will only come when they themselves have achieved a high level of domestic vaccination.

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anyway, back on topic:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57583733

So A&Es are now being overwhelmed as the knock on effect of the lockdowns, allegedly implemented to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed, begin to kick in.

I remember plenty of 'fringe scientists' warning of things like this happening...

It's only "being overwhelmed" because stupid people still can't work out what the initials A&E stand for. Why would A&E be the first port of call for kids with a high temperature FFS.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

It's only "being overwhelmed" because stupid people still can't work out what the initials A&E stand for. Why would A&E be the first port of call for kids with a high temperature FFS.

The article did go on to say that winter viruses are flourishing, which was an obvious byproduct of having people not mixing for 6 months.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Matt Hancock having an affair with an existing friend he recruited as an advisor to Department of Health.

Is he being forced to do this to make Johnson look less bad?

Matt Hardcock you mean? Hands, Face, space ?

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Knowing out pathetic system, he'll be forced out for the affair, not the care homes scandal lies or the dodgy contracts he's given to friends and family.

Of course that will be the whole point of it being put out there