The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

3 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

I don't think Sage prioritise the economy etc so delaying it makes sense, to them. Hopefully provided hospitalisations and deaths remain low we can open up anyway. 

They have been given too much say/power and now have delusions of grandeur 

29 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

I don't think Sage prioritise the economy etc so delaying it makes sense, to them. Hopefully provided hospitalisations and deaths remain low we can open up anyway. 

What has that to do with the price of eggs? The hospitalisations and deaths are low and if the vaccinations work - which the stats show they do - who is left to get seriously ill and overwhelm the NHS?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

What has that to do with the price of eggs? The hospitalisations and deaths are low and if the vaccinations work - which the stats show they do - who is left to get seriously ill and overwhelm the NHS?

Well yeah that's what I'm saying isnt it. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

75% of hospitals in the uk are reporting ZERO Covid admissions 

Just now, MrPlinkett said:

Well yeah that's what I'm saying isnt it. 

Yeah, but it's not where their priorities seem to be. Lots more testing, some more rise in cases. A different variant to the Kent one taking over...the world is about to end. Everyone stay inside!

33 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

It’s way beyond the economy now ,,,,, it really is people’s lives ,sanity and health other than covid that need to be prioritised now

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

What do people on here think we should do? Do people think the Indian variant is a problem? Do people think our vacation program will keep us on track? Asking now before captain Hindsight comes on in 4 weeks telling us all what should have happened.

I think it's too early for anyone, sage members included, to be voicing opinions. 

We have a 5 week gap for a reason between steps to open up so stick to that. If hospitilsations and deaths remain low,  even if we have 8k a day positive tests, continue as we are.

The only way I'd support delaying is if deaths increase substantially, hopefully they wont because those at risk are vaccinated,  sadly we can't prevent every death.