PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT AT THE END OF THE SEASON

plymouthram

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course this is a financial judgement. Can we do better for the same money? Are we able to pay the same money? Will layers accept reductions given Covid and the obvious parlous state of the finances? 

The only player on the list I would want to contemplate retaining is Colin, but I'd like that to be on a pay as you play basis. He deserves better, but times are tough. 

Rooney likes Wisdom and will give him a new contract. If his wage is low this might be justified, but I've never had confidence in him except for during that loan season. We should have moved on.

Waggy was way too expensive (meaning his wages will be huge) and isn't effective enough. It would be a hit to the accounts to lose him, but it seems more of a long-term hit to extend the contract. 

39 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yes he probably would of known the budget but its the club that sorts out the contracts.

I didn't say the club didn't. If Lampard knew what his budget was and how much was being used on Waghorn, then he'd know he wasn't a snip. That is the point - he'd know the overall cost and no he didn't negotiate any of it! ?

Jozefzoon, Malone & Carson will all leave on frees/or be released. 

Davies - Will probably retire and join the coaching staff. 

Wisdom -  An offer will be made to keep him maybe an offer of a 2 year deal plus 1 year club option. 

Waghorn - I would offer him a new 1year deal with the option of 1 more, but if he wish's let him go. 

CKR - Definitely offer him a 1 year deal as soon as possible. 

As to our loanee's (subject to see them actually playing for us this year) 

Mengi may a good option to have back if available for loan again if Rooney wants him. 

Edmundson - Maybe a reasonably 'cheap 'signing' as surplus to Rangers requirements. 

Baningime - doesn't appear to have future at Everton could be available for small fee/loan again.  

Roberts - Seems to spend his time continually on loan each year, no future at Man City maybe another loan if we wanted him, could be too much of our budget too buy. 

Clarke is probably the one player at moment you would think Rooney may contemplate spending a big chunk of his transfer kitty on in the summer (if Brighton don't come down), 

Wisdom certainly has played well enough to earn a new contract. He is not only playing well, his decision-making seems to developing as well.

I know it's all about finances, but it would also be nice to have one own centreback in our roster.

3 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

As long as the finances are there and the players demands were reasonable then i would have no hesitation in offering Kaz , Wisdom and Waggy new deals

I agree re Wisdom and CKR. Would imagine Waggers on decent wages and reckon we would be able to bring someone better in for less....

Be interesting to see if/when these get renewed. I read an article last week, about the governments loan to EFL clubs being delayed and that they are backtracking and want certain stipulations in there like a contract renewal cannot be on higher wages that what a player is currently on.

I do wonder if contract renewals on most clubs hinge on this bailout and the rules they have to follow.

Edit - found a link to the story

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/56137353

On 15/02/2021 at 21:22, RoyMac5 said:

Because we paid too much for valueless dross.

Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Most of our best players are freebies or loans. This is the way forward. Wayne wants to develop the younger players and improve the older ones. Our players needed moulding into a TEAM. See Rooney for details.

11 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Wisdom certainly has played well enough to earn a new contract. He is not only playing well, his decision-making seems to developing as well.

I know it's all about finances, but it would also be nice to have one own centreback in our roster.

Wiz is improving.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Most of our best players are freebies or loans. This is the way forward. Wayne wants to develop the younger players and improve the older ones. Our players needed moulding into a TEAM. See Rooney for details.

Multi-million pound fees paid for Bielik, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Waghorn and Wisdom. Next on the list is Byrne and Fozzy for about £200k each. All others were free or on loan.

(Not including those out on loan)

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Be interesting to see if/when these get renewed. I read an article last week, about the governments loan to EFL clubs being delayed and that they are backtracking and want certain stipulations in there like a contract renewal cannot be on higher wages that what a player is currently on.

I do wonder if contract renewals on most clubs hinge on this bailout and the rules they have to follow.

Edit - found a link to the story

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/56137353

I think the Rams should borrow enough money to get completely out of debt

On 16/02/2021 at 11:55, Carl Sagan said:

Of course this is a financial judgement. Can we do better for the same money? Are we able to pay the same money? Will layers accept reductions given Covid and the obvious parlous state of the finances? 

The only player on the list I would want to contemplate retaining is Colin, but I'd like that to be on a pay as you play basis. He deserves better, but times are tough. 

Rooney likes Wisdom and will give him a new contract. If his wage is low this might be justified, but I've never had confidence in him except for during that loan season. We should have moved on.

Waggy was way too expensive (meaning his wages will be huge) and isn't effective enough. It would be a hit to the accounts to lose him, but it seems more of a long-term hit to extend the contract. 

Wiz must stay.

31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Multi-million pound fees paid for Bielik, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Waghorn and Wisdom. Next on the list is Byrne and Fozzy for about £200k each. All others were free or on loan.

(Not including those out on loan)

Only Bielik is certain to improve our results though.

Archived