PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT AT THE END OF THE SEASON

plymouthram

I’ll be sad to see Davies go, he’s done a great job in his time here and remains one of the most likeable characters we have at the club. If he does go I hope he continues delving into Punditry though I would also love it if he stayed on to be a coach here. His performance at home to Fulham in the play-offs was a particular highlight for me, had Mitrovic in his back pocket all game. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

What money are Waghorn and Wisdom on?

This is as close as I can find online:

Derby County Player Wages

Name                  Age           Position               Wages in £/Week                Contract End

Andre Wisdom  27                   RB                       23,500                                2021

Martyn Waghorn 30                CF                       10,000                                 2021

I'd be surprised with the £10k for Waghorn, but either way possibly £33,500 per week. 1.7 million a year possibly for the two players.

I think Davies will end up leaving and going to Luton. He has mentioned he wanted to finish his career there I believe? If not, back up CB option with experience that can offer support to younger lads. 

Wisdom - Depends on whether we can bring other CB's in. We are very light in that area as things stand with most CB's being loans in. Still 50/50 on whether he is good enough to be starting.

Malone, Zoon & Carson - More than likely going to leave. Malone been performing relatively well for Millwall. Pep thinks highly of Carson and Zoon never really seemed to fit here.

Waghorn - If McCarthy stays on at Cardiff I reckon he will want to link back up with him. Don't think he is as bad as some make out, definitely worth another year at least. Our problem with replacing these players is the cost of signing them. Rather keep them on and give them games as opposed to letting them go and struggling to find and or afford replacements.

CKR - Why not extend? Proved us all wrong. Putting in great shifts. Think he is slightly overrated because most thought he was going to be terrible. He hasn't been nearly as bad as a lot of people predicted. Just needs to keep this going. 

If the same source is reliable then we are talking about this amount of money coming off the books depending on resigns....

Name                     Age                 Position                   Wages in £/Week                  Contract End                Per year

Emmanuel Idem     21                      GK                                750                                      2021                       39,000

Curtis Davies           35                    CB                            25,000                                    2021                     1.3 million

Andre Wisdom          27                  RB                             23,500                                     2021                   1.2 million

Martyn Waghorn     30                    CF                            10,000                                      2021                     520,000

Colin Kazim-Richards 34                CF                           13,250                                         2021                  689,000

Jack Marriott                26               CF                          18,500                                          2021                 962,000

Scott Malone               29                LB                           20,000                                       2021               1.04 million

Florian Jozefzoon       29               RW                            5,000                                        2021                260,000

Scott Carson               35              GK                          22,500                                         2021                 1.17 million

14 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Recently in an interview Wayne mentioned that they would be looking at contracts near the end of the season. The players who are out of contract this summer are Colin Kazim-Richards, Curtis Davies, Martyn Waghorn, Andre Wisdom, Scott Carson, Florian Jozefzoon and Scott Malone.  I apologise if I've missed any players out.

My question is, who would you give a new contract to.

I would give Colin Kazim-Richards another year and would look to keep Andre Wisdom for at least 2 years. The rest I would let go.

I think the bigger question is ‘what are the players prepared to accept’? Because we will only be offering less. I think the ones out on loan are as good as gone apart from Marriott as he will be still under contract. 

now do they want to play at a place like Derby county or at a place that pays more money - we usually know the real ending

Jozefzoon, Malone & Carson all to be released

Davies - Will be 36 by the time he returns from injury so who knows how well he will recover. Always said he would like to end his career at Luton so personally I wouldn't renew.

Wisdom -  Offer him a 2 year deal plus 1 year club option. Would be our only contracted CB for next season, more than good enough as cover for both CB & RB.

Waghorn - I would offer him a new deal, would cost a lot to lose on P&S and is more than good enough at this level. Wouldn't be a regular starter though so I could see him leaving this summer.

CKR - No brainer, give him another year with potentially an extra yer club option. Leader both on and off the pitch, you know he would still have plenty to offer from the bench.

I personally think we will see Mengi on a season loan next season again and Gregory signing on a free. Then depending on our financial situation I could see us signing Edmundson, Baningime & Roberts on permanent deals if Rooney wanted them.

Edmundson - Think Rangers paid 600k, would probably sell if they got their money back for him. They have already got another CB coming in to replace him.

Baningime - 22 and unlikely to break into Everton's first team, 1 year left on his deal. Probably available for around £1m?

Roberts - Similar to Baningime, 24 and unlikely to break into City's first team and will have 1 year left on his deal. Maybe available for around £2m?

Only way I see us keeping Clarke is if we buy him which would probably cost us £3.5m at least

2 hours ago, England Ram said:

Name                     Age                 Position                   Wages in £/Week                  Contract End                Per year

Florian Jozefzoon       29               RW                            5,000                                        2021                260,000

Absolutely no chance that is true for Jozefzoon. Leeds offered him £17k a week and got blown out of the water by Derby.

More likely the £5k a week is what Rotherham are paying him on top of the amount he gets from Derby.

16 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Recently in an interview Wayne mentioned that they would be looking at contracts near the end of the season. The players who are out of contract this summer are Colin Kazim-Richards, Curtis Davies, Martyn Waghorn, Andre Wisdom, Scott Carson, Florian Jozefzoon and Scott Malone.  I apologise if I've missed any players out.

My question is, who would you give a new contract to.

I would give Colin Kazim-Richards another year and would look to keep Andre Wisdom for at least 2 years. The rest I would let go.

Kazim, + 12 months

Wisdom, Waghorn and Davies would need to take paycuts for an extra year.

Zoon, Malone and Carson are already gone.

No idea about JHI & Idem

Need to extend Buchanan (expires 2022) ASAP.

2 hours ago, England Ram said:

If the same source is reliable then we are talking about this amount of money coming off the books depending on resigns....

Emmanuel Idem     21                      GK                                750                                      2021                       39,000

Curtis Davies           35                    CB                            25,000                                    2021                     1.3 million

Andre Wisdom          27                  RB                             23,500                                     2021                   1.2 million

Martyn Waghorn     30                    CF                            10,000                                      2021                     520,000

Colin Kazim-Richards 34                CF                           13,250                                         2021                  689,000

Jack Marriott                26               CF                          18,500                                          2021                 962,000

Scott Malone               29                LB                           20,000                                       2021               1.04 million

Scott Carson               35              GK                          22,500                                         2021                 1.17 million

Aren't they just figures they found off Football manager?

If the wages are as reported on here then I’d be pretty ruthless. 
I’d give CKR a further year (Will be surprised he’s on what’s reported).

I’d move on from the rest. Waggy at a push but it would mean a wage reduction and he will probably get a longer contract elsewhere. 

Gangway D from the terrace 

7 hours ago, England Ram said:

Martyn Waghorn- If money is no object then you let him go and look elsewhere for a better player. For the money he is on and for what he gives us as a club he doesn't deserve another contract. Sadly, we might have to offer him a year to help with P&S. 

Andre Wisdom- Offer contract but at reduced terms. He's an OK player and ideally a back up CB. He's one of those you look at as a squad player if you are looking to get promoted. If you had money and better targets you go for them instead. Money wise, as it stands we probably resign him for P&S. 

That's the worry.

Forgot Wisdom cost us up to £4.5m, although I'd be surprised if Liverpool got anything after the initial £3m. Worth noting he's been here 4 years.  Waggy at £5m rising to £7.5m over 3 years looks to be a problem. 

I can't see either being short of suitors at this level so may not be able to keep them, a la Wardrobe.

6 minutes ago, Rample said:

That's the worry.

Forgot Wisdom cost us up to £4.5m, although I'd be surprised if Liverpool got anything after the initial £3m. Worth noting he's been here 4 years.  Waggy at £5m over 3 years looks to be a problem. 

I can't see either being short of suitors at this level so may not be able to keep them, a la Wardrobe.

Using my patented P&S calculator, the players with significant value leaving in the summer are:

Waghorn = 4.2m
Malone = £2.5m
Jozefzoon = £2.3m
Wisdom = £1.7m

Other players people want to sell are:

Lawrence = £4m
Marriott = £2.2m

Archived