PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT AT THE END OF THE SEASON

plymouthram

Let them all go except Wisdom and CKR. I wonder if any of there contracts have a club option to extend it, you sometimes see clubs extend contracts then sell them immediately for a small amount so they at least get something. I think we did it with Bradley Johnson.

I'm also surprised Waghorn is apparently only on £10 000 a week. If so I'd see how performs until the end of the season then judge.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

Let them all go except Wisdom and CKR. I wonder if any of there contracts have a club option to extend it, you sometimes see clubs extend contracts then sell them immediately for a small amount so they at least get something. I think we did it with Bradley Johnson.

I'm also surprised Waghorn is apparently only on £10 000 a week. If so I'd see how performs until the end of the season then judge.

Yes we did do that with Bradley Johnson.

We have so many players potentially leaving at the end of the season, i worry about the squad size for next season. We have 6 loan players potentially all leaving, plus all the ones out of contract. And if the takeover isn't going through how the heck are we going to afford to buy any new players. 

I would let Malone go as we are well covered at LB and potentially Carson as we have GK's. Would probably let FloJo go as well actually as it would be almost impossible to sell him, but would look to keep the rest.

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

Why would you believe a website based on who knows what info? We can all guess and if the comments about Zoon are correct then I can't see Waghorn being much less. Lampard was very free with our money.

9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I think the bigger question is ‘what are the players prepared to accept’? Because we will only be offering less. I think the ones out on loan are as good as gone apart from Marriott as he will be still under contract. 

now do they want to play at a place like Derby county or at a place that pays more money - we usually know the real ending

The trouble is for a lot of players, the money is probably better at a Premiership club (but are they good enough) and the rest of the championship are in the same boat, money is tight. If they did not accept Derby's terms and contracts (how many other clubs could do them a better deal). Its a gamble the player and his agent take.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Still a lot to prove but are you saying Rooney is valueless dross? If so, I’m sure the club and Rooney values your support.

Goodness me there's some 'misunderstanding' going on here. Ramnut said 'remind me why we're running out of money' - that started way, way before Rooney was here.

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Goodness me there's some 'misunderstanding' going on here. Ramnut said 'remind me why we're running out of money' - that started way, way before Rooney was here.

But you said “you hope we’re not still paying silly money to Rooney” implying we were paying him too much, and then followed up shortly afterwards that we had “paid too much for valueless dross”. I guess now you didn’t mean to include Rooney but perhaps you can see how a connection could be seen (in error) between your two statements

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

But you said “you hope we’re not still paying silly money to Rooney” implying we were paying him too much, and then followed up shortly afterwards that we had “paid too much for valueless dross”. I guess now you didn’t mean to include Rooney but perhaps you can see how a connection could be seen (in error) between your two statements

I didn't say that. I said 'Why not he's worth it'! Perhaps you should read it again.

I think Rooney is worth every penny. And that was my point to Ramnut saying we'd wasted so much previously. Lets hope it's more than money that keeps him here! 

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't say that. I said 'Why not he's worth it'! Perhaps you should read it again.

I think Rooney is worth every penny. And that was my point to Ramnut saying we'd wasted so much previously. Lets hope it's more than money that keeps him here! 

Many many apologies. Lesson learned (but instantly forgotten), read the posts properly before replying. Sorry.

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because we paid too much for valueless dross.

Pay peanuts get monkeys.

For the past half a decade, we’ve been paying with pure gold and still we get monkeys.

Certainly in the first few windows after Mac 1, we seemed to believe that the quality of signing we made was directly correlated to both the length of contract and transfer fee paid.

We built our entire accounting system around it. And, as a result, we can’t afford not to offer some of the dross in this thread new contracts, unless we want to add to our mounting and crippling losses

17 hours ago, DCFClks said:

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why would you believe a website based on who knows what info? We can all guess and if the comments about Zoon are correct then I can't see Waghorn being much less. Lampard was very free with our money.

I highly doubt Lampard was the one sorting out the contracts.

Archived