Beni Baningime

RoyMac5

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In many ways, despite our lack of goals, this is the most important loan for me. It is vital that he is successful. 

With Bielik down we don't have another natural CDM, and it seems to be very important to how Wayne wants us to play. 

He seems a bright young man and I was encouraged by the way he broke up an attack towards the end of the Rotherham game.

Bird is a DM who came up through the U23s. We’ve signed Beni from Everton’s U23’s. it seems to me people may be expected a full fledged experienced footballer. Bird is far more experienced. 
I’m not sure why he’s going to be any better. He has potential but it’s a bit of reach to think he can take over from Beilik.

7 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Bird is a DM who came up through the U23s. We’ve signed Beni from Everton’s U23’s. it seems to me people may be expected a full fledged experienced footballer. Bird is far more experienced. 
I’m not sure why he’s going to be any better. He has potential but it’s a bit of reach to think he can take over from Beilik.

Maybe. But Bielik is only 23 and was playing that role confidently for Charlton a couple of years ago, so Beni might not be far away. 

29 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I think Max struggled quite a lot on Wednesday. Quite a few times he didn't make himself available for passes. I'd try the new lad. 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I personally see him as being the one not in the team when all loans are available.

He was one of the last players to be “linked” to us, so I saw it more as him being the Bielik replacement.

I think one of the CBs sit out of the squad if we play two at the back, and they come in if we have a back 3.

Bird played much better up the pitch last weekend. He needs more time up there as it frees him up to play his game. He isn’t physical enough to be a replacement for Bielik in our recent formation.

Beningime came on and put himself about for a bit and looked better suited to the role immediately. There’s also clips of his Everton debut where he got some important tackles in.

I hope has passing range is equal to his defensive attributes as this will allow our other midfielders to play their natural game.

Big shoes to fill replacing Bielik, and Thorne with that shirt number too! We seriously need him to step up though. It’s an impossible task replacing Bielik really, but we need someone to come in and at least steady the ship in his absence. That injury could prove to be the killer blow to our survival chances if Baningime isn’t up to the mark. Let’s hope he’s an adequate replacement, because boy do we need one - the other night showed that!

I think this loan could be important as others have said due to what has happened to Krystian Bielik. Yes, BB hasn't played regular football, but I think he's playing both for his Everton future and maybe to make an impact to earn a deal elsewhere. It's in both our interests for him to do well. I'm sure Rooney will be keeping Everton informed about his impact/progress and this could be his last chance to show Everton that he merits being kept on. So he should be motivated.

It was frustrating to lose to Rotherham in such a manner, but we got points where we didn't think we'd get them (Swansea home, Brentford). There are going to be more twists and turns in this relegation battle & everybody seems to be picking up points with surprise wins. The loans may not have been jaw-dropping, but hopefully the right ones in terms of practical additions to the squad, another target man, cover in defence & midfield and a bit of creativity.

Archived