Paul Clement

Nuwtfly

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

He will be a rich poor manager with all these payoffs 

I've always wondered with managers like him, Pardew, Mark Hughes etc how many sackings and lucrative contracts it takes for a bloke to think "You know what, I'm comfortable money wise, I think i'll retire"?  It's not like Clement is Bertie Big Balls, so I can't imagine he owns 12 supercars & and 5 bed penthouse on Mayfair, so surely he's earnt a couple of mil through pay offs to jack it in?

Despite all the pointed remarks about Clement we were still 5th in the table when he was sacked by MM for whatever reason.

If he hadn't have come in we would never had coined the phrase the Derby way, consider that too. 

I do agree that Morris was swayed by the fact that he coached Real Madrid and did give him a boat load of cash for players so maybe MMs professional judgement also needs to be queried here.

Anyway I sincerely wish him well on whatever endeavours he wishes to try now, I think that he's grasped that football management is probably a bridge too far for him without seeming to be unkind. 

19 hours ago, Derbados said:

What did Mel see in Clement to give him so much in way of backing?? 

to give him the transfer funds he did and to compare him to our own Alex Ferguson he must have charmed the absolute pants off him 

The club was signing the players. Clement only signed camara, Blackman and Olsen.

Listened to that George Thorne podcast last night, just the 2nd part. Was left a little confused, on one hand it sounded like he enjoyed the training under Clement but was laughing at how he wanted us to play like Real Madrid in the Championship with the players we had, asking the full backs to be where the wingers would and moving centre midfielders into full back to cover.

Then he seemed miffed that he was sacked. 

4 clubs, 4 sackings, 42.4%, 34.1%, 23.3%, 28% win ratios, would be very surprised if he lands another managers job. Sounds like he's been spoilt by working with big name players, trying to translate what he helped them with doing into divisions way below that level.

Worked his way out of any chance of a top job where his methods might work, needs to land himself a job under Ancelotti again and rebuild his coaching career, forget the management side.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Worked his way out of any chance of a top job where his methods might work, needs to land himself a job under Ancelotti again and rebuild his coaching career, forget the management side.

Can't see him taking on Big Dunc - well, not if he's any sense.

Archived