Paul Clement

Nuwtfly

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

When he was appointed he was "the new big thing" and we werent the only ones after him.....quickly became apparent he was just a PE teacher done good though.

Which clearly isn't true, this is why we can't take anything you say seriously ?

19 minutes ago, David said:

PE teacher, PE teachers do not get coaching jobs at Real Madrid and Chelsea. It's ok to be a poor manager, but doesn't make them a PE teacher, kind of insulting. 

you may need to bow down to my genius on this occasion deidrie, maybe you should clean off your googs?

seems like PE teachers DO actually get jobs at Chelsea and Real Madrid....

image.thumb.png.c523e38de601feb52306a0ac2728b804.png

I think I'm on my own here but I still believe Clement would've got us up. Can remember thinking after we beat Hull and Wolves that year that we were 100% going up. Sacking him and replacing him with Wassall felt like such a wasted opportunity. He did a cracking job at Swansea the year after keeping them up when they seemed certain to go down.

I don't understand sacking rookie managers during their first poor spell (Lampard at Chelsea is another example). 

From hearing the Part 2 of Thorne's podcast it seems like the players were still with him and contrary to some of the daft rumours doing the rounds at the time.

6 minutes ago, AGR said:

I think I'm on my own here but I still believe Clement would've got us up. Can remember thinking after we beat Hull and Wolves that year that we were 100% going up. Sacking him and replacing him with Wassall felt like such a wasted opportunity. He did a cracking job at Swansea the year after keeping them up when they seemed certain to go down.

I don't understand sacking rookie managers during their first poor spell (Lampard at Chelsea is another example). 

From hearing the Part 2 of Thorne's podcast it seems like the players were still with him and contrary to some of the daft rumours doing the rounds at the time.

Wassall did alright, he had a pretty good win rate. We were falling apart under Clement at the end, and based off his performance at other clubs, he wasn't going to pull it together again. 

21 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

@DarkFruitsRam7 is 2021 the year when I am never wrong..!?! it seems like it could be eh... thanks goodness that order has been restored to the universe....

Apart from the fact that he was technically a PE teacher who moved onto a career in football, I’d disagree with you on this one.

You have to be better than a PE teacher to be Carlo Ancelotti’s assistant. 

32 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Apart from the fact that he was technically a PE teacher who moved onto a career in football, I’d disagree with you on this one.

You have to be better than a PE teacher to be Carlo Ancelotti’s assistant. 

haha, so he was a PE teacher that ended up as Ancelottis assistant though? thats all i need to know.

(I actually didnt mind him at our place, better than some of the tripe we have had since and before but not as good as others)

Archived