Teden Mengi - signed on loan until the end of the season

Arsene Titman

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisdom and Clarke are rightly so the 1st choice pairing at the moment, but there’s plenty of games between now and the end of the season, he’ll get his opportunity through injuries and suspension.

February’s schedule alone is hectic.

He’s also an option if Rooney wishes to revert to a back 3 again, especially if Evans is off. His playing style is very Tomori-like judging by clips online.

31 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

To captain the u23s at United shows how highly rated he is. He has already made his debut for their first team which is obviosuly very impressive. Maybe worth a punt should Wisdom or Clarke get injured

Clearly a talent with serious potential then. Remains to be seen how good he is right now though. At least it’s another option there.

36 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

To captain the u23s at United shows how highly rated he is. He has already made his debut for their first team which is obviosuly very impressive. Maybe worth a punt should Wisdom or Clarke get injured

That may well be Rooneys' thinking - see how he fares training with the first team squad and there in the wings should Clarke or Wiz get injured / suspended.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

keep Evans. 
not sure what the point is of signing United sprogs on loan.

He’ll cover the areas Evans does plus RB and the sale of Evans will us to invest in areas where we need to spend more is my guess.

I imagine it’s a bit like the situation Jim Smith inherited in terms of he has to create funds and trade players he may have kept under different circumstances, for the greater good.

Meant to add: it might be the alternative to having to sell one of Sibbo or knight to raise funds for incomings.

1 hour ago, Beetroot said:

I've got DEMENTING for 9 letters with a spare E. 

Good to see Rooney tapping into the cream of Manu's youth like Lampard did with Chelsea and Cocu didn't with Barcelona.

I normally get Dementing after I’ve used my spare E 

Impossible to judge on clips of the youth team.

No problem bringing in a CB as cover or for the occasional 3 at the back game, but there would be no point upsetting the balance we've got at the minute by bringing someone in as first choice.

I'd rather bring this guy in than Jones, but only as long as there's a chance that if he impresses he comes back  next season.

Wisdom has his weaknesses but he's been key in organising the backline recently, and I think people might finally be starting to see that he's actually pretty damn good on the ball too. I don't really think we're missing out on much of anything with his & Clarke's partnership despite the occasional lapse in concentration or misjudged header.

48 minutes ago, RamNut said:

keep Evans. 
not sure what the point is of signing United sprogs on loan.

Because perhaps he's better than evans... and Millwall might have guaranteed him playing time..

Say he joined again next season and we went up. That may allow us the funds for a permanent deal. 

Archived