Jordon Ibe

Bubbles

1 hour ago, roboto said:

Yeah, he said there was an internal disciplinary investigation going on but that doesn’t give us any information on what’s happening and why.

Can you find any solid information on the reasons it’s happening? If not it’s wrong to speculate on the reasons as it can be misinterpreted as truth by some readers.

I’m pretty sure we should let the club and Ibe deal with this and release an official statement if needed before any fans think he is the source of the new strain of COVID or something else that isn’t true.

Like I said the club have put a statement out, this is a forum, it will be discussed. I don’t agree with many peoples opinions, but I do believe this is a place for opinions. 

if someone said he something factually untrue and labelled as fact then yes but if they speculate it’s fine. It’s what a forum is for. 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Amberram said:

Would it be wise to get all the facts before we hung the guy.

The club has told us, has announced, that he is subject to disciplinary proceedings. They didn’t need to. These things don’t need to be made public. So Iooks like this is bad for JI. Very sad if that’s right. But I agree with those who say this is not a useful threat. Let’s just wait and see where it ends up 

I think the Ibe situation is something that needs to be looked at by the club- has he actually made a first team appearance as of yet this season as I can't think of a game he's played in... Others have made reference to his mental health struggles and giving him a chance. I'm sympathetic to this as I've had my own quite serious MH struggles in the past, however simply lumping him on the payroll if he's unfit to perform is not doing him nor the club any good. My university forced me to take time off when I wasn't fit to attend as I still wanted to keep going- but they saw it was not in my best interest and told me to come back next year if i was fit enough as they like most professionals realise that if you're unwell oftentimes you are unaware just how unwell you are. I'm not going to comment on the disciplinary issue as we don't know what it concerns.  At this point in time his wages could be put to better use and when the club is tight for money every wasted penny on wages needs to be scrutinised. 

10 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

My university forced me to take time off when I wasn't fit to attend as I still wanted to keep going- but they saw it was not in my best interest and told me to come back next year if i was fit enough as they like most professionals realise that if you're unwell oftentimes you are unaware just how unwell you are. I'm not going to comment on the disciplinary issue as we don't know what it concerns.  At this point in time his wages could be put to better use and when the club is tight for money every wasted penny on wages needs to be scrutinised. 

Slightly concerned about the comment apropos being forced to take a year off - in my experience in situations like these it should be a mutually agreed resolution that works for both parties to get the best outcome. Not something imposed or enforced. 

11 hours ago, Rev said:

I tell you what.

There's some ruthless bar steward's on this thread I'm glad will never be in a position to make decisions on an individual's employment.

With the hoops required under emp law to terminate employment due to inadequate performance these days a long course of seemingly ruthless actions are needed to do so. Often these first steps can happily be what is needed to turn things around. Happened in our team at work at the end of summer. Rest of us felt like ? for starting the process but individual has totally changed for the better. May still happen here. 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Slightly concerned about the comment apropos being forced to take a year off - in my experience in situations like these it should be a mutually agreed resolution that works for both parties to get the best outcome. Not something imposed or enforced. 

It ended up being an agreed upon decision but my hand was kind of forced when they said they could no longer really support me being on campus and they really felt it was the correct decision so they were pushing for it which was entirely accurate  in the end. The university had given me a lot of support and by taking a year out it allowed me to come back much stronger at the university and with continued support at the university I finished my undergrad and masters there. 

20 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Yep, my opinion thanks for calling me out on it, brave of you. However people can read for themselves, and react etc etc . To set the record straight a little I don’t want to see our clubs scarce resources wasted, hopes he’s mentally well and if not gets himself sorted but not at our expense. 

If everyone had that opinion, we would be euthanising anyone that does not contribute a net ‘profit’ to the public purse. 

23 minutes ago, R@M said:

If everyone had that opinion, we would be euthanising anyone that does not contribute a net ‘profit’ to the public purse. 

I hope he gets playing again and playing well for us, I really do. I hope it’s soon as well for him and us. 

This forum right now...

giphy.gif

Nobody is obliged to spew idle gossip that is in some cases, borderline libellous, all over these threads just because they can. And just because you can, doesn't mean you should, a concept most grown ups should find easy to process. Slandering players without any material knowledge of what they have been charged with IS  NOT the purpose of this forum, far from it and offering that as justification, or saying 'these are my opinions and I'm entitled to them' is weak as duck. 

Just consider, for one moment, that if Jordon is in a really dark place right now, what effect reading some of the BS on here might have on him. What are some of the triggers, do you think, that transition people from struggling with depression to simply giving up and taking their own lives? Lack of understanding? Needless and pointless criticism? Cyber bullying? Inferring that people should just snap out of it and if they don't then they're just feckless malingerers...

It beggars belief that there are still some dinosaurs on here who can't understand that depression is real, not imagined or made up and it can't just be switched off because some angry old men on a forum think it should be. 

18 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

This forum right now...

giphy.gif

Nobody is obliged to spew idle gossip that is in some cases, borderline libellous, all over these threads just because they can. And just because you can, doesn't mean you should, a concept most grown ups should find easy to process. Slandering players without any material knowledge of what they have been charged with IS  NOT the purpose of this forum, far from it and offering that as justification, or saying 'these are my opinions and I'm entitled to them' is weak as duck. 

Just consider, for one moment, that if Jordon is in a really dark place right now, what effect reading some of the BS on here might have on him. What are some of the triggers, do you think, that transition people from struggling with depression to simply giving up and taking their own lives? Lack of understanding? Needless and pointless criticism? Cyber bullying? Inferring that people should just snap out of it and if they don't then they're just feckless malingerers...

It beggars belief that there are still some dinosaurs on here who can't understand that depression is real, not imagined or made up and it can't just be switched off because some angry old men on a forum think it should be. 

I can’t see anything libellous in the posts. If the club issues such a statement do you really expect fans to be silent on the possible reasons? Most posts simply give thoughts on what those reasons may be. That’s OK. It’s what the forum is for. 

There's a thread in the Jim Smith Room on Anxiety, Depression and Stress that I've posted on a few times being a sufferer of one of the above throughout my life. 

Would be heartening to see some of the posts on here transferred into that thread as clearly it is apparent that there is a fundamental lack of awareness or appreciation of this illness amongst a number of posters.

42 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

This forum right now...

giphy.gif

I'm very conflicted. 

Let's say we assume the club are saying his 'application' has potentially fallen below the standards expected and that he feels its at least in part due to his state of mind...most fans would have sympathy. 

But Martyn Waghorn was trying his hardest for the team and in a moment of desire he dived into a tackle and got sent off. Fans were calling him all sorts of names and saying that he should never play for the club again. He has previously been open about his mental health concerns...so is that ok? 

People have ridiculed Keogh for all sorts of things not even related to football (including speech /appearance), and what if he had come out after the accident and said he was an alcoholic, would that have been different? ...Wisdom has been slated recently having been stabbed! 

You yourself commented on Rooney’s physical shape /effort during games...but what if he has an eating disorder? 

Not sure what is reasonable in relation to a forum in general not just in relation to JI (and with regard to 'speculating' ) because if we find out 'the truth' does that make it ok to criticise... And conversely does saying 'I have a problem with a,b, c', mean you get a free pass? 

I’d say we should chill out generally.

I’m reading Alan Hudson’s excellent autobiography - which incidentally has a few cracking references to Derby County. Lots of stories of players doing this, that and a bit of the other. They had a great attitude to life. They played hard and worked hard. But it’s pretty clear that you can’t manage flair players without expecting the occasional ripple. 

Treat them with respect and they will respond.I’m pretty sure Wayne Rooney has transgressed a few times.

Archived