Jordon Ibe

Bubbles

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

There is a link to this. People speculate on it, that’s what a forum is! Otherwise it’s just news. 

There's a difference between speculating about what's going on and making some statements I personally wouldn't be proud of especially before I know what exactly has gone on, how serious it was or what was behind it.

"Get rid, bad apple. Had his chance with us and blew it. Good riddance"

"Attitude, obviously not got what it takes" 

"The blokes not interested in playing, can't be arsed to get fit"

"Get rid, he's had his chance"

Recognise any @TexasRam?

Obviously I don't know what's going on anymore than anyone else but, if it is related to his mental health, perhaps I'm a little more sympathetic than some given both my wife and daughter have been suffered from, and been signed off work, for depression in the past. 

Edited by Tamworthram

38 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

There's a difference between speculating about what's going on and making some statements I personally wouldn't be proud of especially before I know what exactly has gone on, how serious it was or what was behind it.

Recognise any @TexasRam?

Obviously I don't know what's going on anymore than anyone else but, if it is related to his mental health, perhaps I'm a little more sympathetic than some given both my wife and daughter have been suffered from, and been signed off work, for depression in the past. 

Yep, my opinion thanks for calling me out on it, brave of you. However people can read for themselves, and react etc etc . To set the record straight a little I don’t want to see our clubs scarce resources wasted, hopes he’s mentally well and if not gets himself sorted but not at our expense. 

48 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Recognise any @TexasRam?

I lost a family member to depression but all I have pointed out is this is a forum and fans are entitled to post their opinions. Unfortunately footballers are their to be shot at, people will always voice their opinions. Fortunately they get paid very well and can afford the best mental health support available and the club should also be supporting in every way possible. 
It still doesn’t remove the fact that this is a forum where people discuss the players and opinions of what’s happening.  

3 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Rooney literally said it 

Yeah, he said there was an internal disciplinary investigation going on but that doesn’t give us any information on what’s happening and why.

Can you find any solid information on the reasons it’s happening? If not it’s wrong to speculate on the reasons as it can be misinterpreted as truth by some readers.

I’m pretty sure we should let the club and Ibe deal with this and release an official statement if needed before any fans think he is the source of the new strain of COVID or something else that isn’t true.

2 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I lost a family member to depression but all I have pointed out is this is a forum and fans are entitled to post their opinions. Unfortunately footballers are their to be shot at, people will always voice their opinions. Fortunately they get paid very well and can afford the best mental health support available and the club should also be supporting in every way possible. 
It still doesn’t remove the fact that this is a forum where people discuss the players and opinions of what’s happening.  

Wow. I’m sorry to hear you lost someone through depression, but the bit about footballers fortunate they can afford the best mental health support so it doesn’t matter so much is a weird viewpoint. Especially for someone who has experienced the damage so closely.

If we allow others to damage anyone’s mental health through something like social media we are feeding the problem and not solving it for generations to come.

The right solution is for everyone to understand the consequences of their actions on others, through education on the subject rather than punishment. Maybe then we’d be able to use social media for its positive purposes and cause less harm to those suffering from abuse over the platform.

Everyone has the right to an opinion, but you also have the right to keep it to yourself and not harm others through publishing it. Gone are the days when things that were said were throwaway comments down the pub, I think some people need to realise this.

15 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. As I have said, I have personal experience of living with people with depression myself.

I'm sure there are plenty of examples of wealthy people struggling with depression so, I'm not sure of the relevance of how much he gets paid. I also agree that the club should be supporting in every way possible which, kind of supports my believe that some of the comments (not yours) are inappropriate IF this does indeed relate to his mental health. 

As I said, speculation and opinions are one thing but, I just find some of the comments (again, not yours) inappropriate given his known mental health challenges but, more importantly, before we know the full story.

38 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yep, my opinion thanks for calling me out on it, brave of you. However people can read for themselves, and react etc etc . To set the record straight a little I don’t want to see our clubs scarce resources wasted, hopes he’s mentally well and if not gets himself sorted but not at our expense. 

Well I find that a much more sensible and acceptable (to me) response to some of your previous ones.

Hopefully we can all agree that he shouldn't be hung drawn and quartered until we know what this is all about.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well I find that a much more sensible and acceptable (to me) response to some of your previous ones.

Hopefully we can all agree that he shouldn't be hung drawn and quartered until we know what this is all about.

Agreed, I was a little over the top if I’m honest 

11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Perhaps we've given up on him and Covid rulebreaking is the best thing we've got on him.

All businesses appear to do this, manage people out of the building when they've had enough, going after whatever they can get them for.

I sadly agree with your sentiments in general, if your face no longer fits in a business then very quickly they will build up a portfolio of any minor indiscretions they can throw at you to provide weight to their case when they inevitably bullet you.

They need to have some loose reasons for getting rid of you in your first two years after all in case you cry discrimination. As long as they do this and give you your contractual notice pay then their hands are clean. 

13 minutes ago, ramit said:

i find it strange that the club feels the need to announce this, surely they know it will be speculated upon by the fans

His just disappearing from the squad would be speculated on too... the good old catch 22. We are never happy unless we have something to moan about! 

15 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

His just disappearing from the squad would be speculated on too... the good old catch 22. We are never happy unless we have something to moan about! 

Granted, but not as quickly, i would imagine.  It's known that he is not fully fit and is coming back from a personal crisis.

On 29/12/2020 at 22:20, Ambitious said:

I hope we stick with him. He really needs help and I know this club isn’t a charity but I hate to see people with issues disregarded. I’d like to see him see out his contract at the very least - really hope he can sort himself out and get back on the pitch. 

The club certainly isn't a charity, or at least shouldn't be. No money coming through the gates and this protracted takeover showing no sign of being concluded, so we may not be able to strengthen in January. In which case every player in the squad needs to stand up and be counted.