New Manager

dantheram

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So what credit does he deserve for spaffing the real dosh and saddling us with Waghorn, FloJo and Malone? 

Perhaps easier to borrow your mates shiny toys than find your own to play with...... 

I won't argue in regard to FloJo and Malone, but Waghorn isn't exactly someone we've been 'saddled' with.

Yes, we wouldn't get much money for him now, particularly with his contract expiring soon, but he's served us well since he signed. 14 goals in his first season, 12 in his second. He hasn't set the world alight, but he's been decent. And he seems like a good bloke to have in the dressing room.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Im not sure of contract expiries to be honest, but if each of those players had 2yrs left, and i was managing a rival team, I’d expect to pay the following:-

Waghorn £4m, Marriott £2.5m, Malone £1.5m, Flo £1m, Holmes £2m, Evans £1.5m

just my opinion. 

But they haven't got 2 years left have they? and while you are at it, £1.5m for Evans? £1.5m for Malone? subjective you say...

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Waghorn £5m, Marriott £3m, Malone £1.5m, Flo £2.5m

Don't think either of Evans or Holmes went much north of 500k

Malone was £2.7m. Holmes £600k Evans £200k. So upfront, 'around; £14m. Waghorn and Marriott both had add ons. Don't know the exact figure which is why I said 'around' £16m. Waghorn had up to £3m potential add ons alone. 

I didn't bring up the loan fees. I am now. Loan fees.     

8 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Holmes 2.0m Evans 720k Waggy 1.8m Malone 800k Marriott 1.8m Flo jo 90p.

So £2m for Holmes when he can't get in our team and Is out of contract at the end of the season. Waghorn is out of contract at the end of the season , is 30 and is playing sporadically for a bottom 3 championship team, on wages no one else will pay.  Malone out of contract and on loan as is Flo Jo. Both nil value. 

Archived