New Manager

dantheram

Not read much about this, But is this another example of WR's inexperience in dealing with the media

Now the whole world thinks he has an interview for the job as permanent manager. Does he? Or is It a meeting for him formally to meet the new Board? Or for them to tell him they want him to continue as caretaker?  Or for some other reason?

I wonder if, when the meeting was discussed, the person who spoke to him assumed he would discuss it with a sports journalist who works for a national broadsheet.

Hope to be wrong but looks like out of control confusion that could cause disappointment, dismay and worse 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, I am Ram said:

For me, the club seems calmer and more stable, results and performances have vastly improved. During Roo's time as boss, i sense more positivity amongst us fans, daring to look up the league table ?. I think he has come in simplified the message/instructions,tactics, and has done well . If the club is calm and stable, i am, let's keep calm and carry on.

Forest only drew .....we have a game in hand , one win in that game and its MIND THE GAP !

9 hours ago, Rampage said:

List of reasons to complain about progress under Rooney as manager...

NIL RETURN

I have listened to Wayne's interviews and formed an opinion. I feel that he is very people centred in his approach. I can see why players are responding well to him. He fielded two or three tricky questions and speaks good things about his staff. He demands certain standards and will clearly drop players if their effort  or performance drops. He answers questions very simply and honestly and is clearly not edgy or over sensitive. He is used to the spotlight but his test will come when things are not working out well for him. I would rate his interaction with the media very highly do far.

I know there's been a bit of negativity from some in the early part of Rooney's management, but seeing the continued improvements I think he'll be a brilliant, permanent appointment.

Yes, we're gonna be turd in a few matches but thats human nature, they are not machines, but on the whole i think he will do well.

Only worry would be if he does as well as Lampard, will UTD come in and knab him.

55 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I know there's been a bit of negativity from some in the early part of Rooney's management, but seeing the continued improvements I think he'll be a brilliant, permanent appointment.

Yes, we're gonna be turd in a few matches but thats human nature, they are not machines, but on the whole i think he will do well.

Only worry would be if he does as well as Lampard, will UTD come in and knab him.

I feel that Rooney has earned a crack at it.  Even if that is just to the end of this season. 

Fair to say that we were turd under Lampard too. Three games against the dirties spring to mind. 

Rooney has benefited from the return to match fitness of Beilik and CKR. To my mind this is more of the reason why we are doing better.

Rooney was part of the management team that was pretty rubbish post Cocu and they’re seemed no reason to think things would change.

As I said two key players made the difference but that may well have happened whoever was in charge because we were looking for goals and the only option left was to start CKR. It worked out and now Rooney seems to be a shoe in.

We were never a bad team and the turn around in fortunes was bound to happen.

I can’t say it was down to Rooney but equally I can’t say it wasn’t.

If we have the option of appointing a quality experienced coach once the takeover is complete then I’d go with that before giving it to Rooney.

If when Rooney gets the job do we think he’ll keep the same coaches here? Bring in his own? I know there was a newspaper article flying around that’ll he’d want Darren Fletcher in with him, I’d like him to keep Stevie Mac and the others

56 minutes ago, Topram said:

If when Rooney gets the job do we think he’ll keep the same coaches here? Bring in his own? I know there was a newspaper article flying around that’ll he’d want Darren Fletcher in with him, I’d like him to keep Stevie Mac and the others

Steve Mac isn't part of the coaching set up. 

19 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

Rooney has benefited from the return to match fitness of Beilik and CKR. To my mind this is more of the reason why we are doing better.

Rooney was part of the management team that was pretty rubbish post Cocu and they’re seemed no reason to think things would change.

As I said two key players made the difference but that may well have happened whoever was in charge because we were looking for goals and the only option left was to start CKR. It worked out and now Rooney seems to be a shoe in.

We were never a bad team and the turn around in fortunes was bound to happen.

I can’t say it was down to Rooney but equally I can’t say it wasn’t.

If we have the option of appointing a quality experienced coach once the takeover is complete then I’d go with that before giving it to Rooney.

Yes we have benefited from Bielik and CKR but don’t underestimate the value of a simplified approach and clear messages to the players.  Performance levels across the squad are significantly up and this collective improvement far out weighs that of two individuals.  I was a Cocu supporter (to a point) but you’ve got to give Rooney credit where credit is due.  Just because he was part of the previous coaching team doesn’t mean he agreed with all of the philosophy being implemented - that was led by Cocu.

23 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Doubt that will happen. If Solskjaer is sacked (unlikely) it will be seen by many as a mistake appointing an ex-player and Woodward won't want to go down the same path with a similar appointment.

Archived