New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

yeah, I wasn't sure for a start but he's proven to me he is more than capable 

I was against appointing Rooney and wanted an experienced manager at the helm of which big Sam was my pick but he’s gone now if he was even a realistic pick money and timescale wise with all this takeover stuff , now I’m not sure I see a realistic option out there that fills me with confidence that they will be a much better option/ less risk than what Rooney is doing since taking sole control,only time will tell but I’m kind of don’t upset the apple cart now we are getting some points on the board

3 hours ago, Ibby said:

Need a proper manager in.

Sorry but got to disagree Rooney as done a great job up to yet and should least be our manager to the end of the season. Then review it from there it's the least he deserves and with Steve McClaren alongside him I think he will be ok. 

4 hours ago, Ibby said:

Need a proper manager in.

Two points on your analysis.

What constitutes “a proper manager”?

How does one become “a proper manager”?

It would appear to me that with the limitations Wayne is presently working under, he’s on his way to this fake believe status of “a proper manager”?

On 23/12/2020 at 14:56, Archied said:

I was against appointing Rooney and wanted an experienced manager at the helm of which big Sam was my pick but he’s gone now if he was even a realistic pick money and timescale wise with all this takeover stuff , now I’m not sure I see a realistic option out there that fills me with confidence that they will be a much better option/ less risk than what Rooney is doing since taking sole control,only time will tell but I’m kind of don’t upset the apple cart now we are getting some points on the board

A couple of points about big Sam 

1. he is on a fortune of money and a £2m bonus if he keeps WBA in the premiership, far too rich cash wise for the Rams to afford

2. I watched WBA play Villa on Sunday on usa tv, and it was appalling so much so I wanted to poke my eyes out, he is history Rooney is the future.

The more I think about football management the more I think it boils down a rather simplistic “right person, right time, right place”

Using the 2nd world war as a similar analysis, Churchill was not the best prior to and after the hostilities but was what we needed during it.

So on a lighter footballing note, maybe we don’t need “a proper manager” maybe we need a “right person, right time, right place” type and if that turns out to be Wayne.

All well and good.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Rooney for me, his impact on the players has been almost immediate, let’s be honest, for whatever reason, they were not putting it in for  Cocu (which is bad form...literally) but Rooney’s got his message across in double quick time he’s not putting up with any baalocks and they are producing. 

Looks like proper manager impact to me.

14 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Rooney for me, his impact on the players has been almost immediate, let’s be honest, for whatever reason, they were not putting it in for  Cocu (which is bad form...literally) but Rooney’s got his message across in double quick time he’s not putting up with any baalocks and they are producing. 

Looks like proper manager impact to me.

Let's hope we give Rooney the pennies to bring in the players he wants in Jan. I think Cocu was looking forward to bringing a couple of gems in last January but Henry Gabay decided to buy himself a new yacht instead if investing in Derby, so let's hope Rooney starts his Derby managerial career with a little more luck and a fair crack at it.

It excites me that Rooney obviously knows who he wants, it wouldnt surprise me if he has already spoken to his targets and it's just down to the club to get a deal done.

....any minute now.

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Let's hope we give Rooney the pennies to bring in the players he wants in Jan. I think Cocu was looking forward to bringing a couple of gems in last January but Henry Gabay decided to buy himself a new yacht instead if investing in Derby, so let's hope Rooney starts his Derby managerial career with a little more luck and a fair crack at it.

It excites me that Rooney obviously knows who he wants, it wouldnt surprise me if he has already spoken to his targets and it's just down to the club to get a deal done.

....any minute now.

You’ve heard it here first, IMO Rooney will go on to be a top top manager. He strikes me as a single minded individual. You either perform for him or you’re out the door. His way or the highway. He’ll have his transfer targets, if they live up to expectations then all good for everyone (especially DCFC) if they don’t then they won’t play and will be moved on. Same with his back room staff. Rumours who he may bring in & who he won’t. I’m not too concerned TBH. Same principle if it works out then great, if it doesn’t then he’ll move them on. Very impressed with his first few weeks. Those that are on board and work the way he wants\expects will be rewarded those that don’t .... we’ll, there’s the door. The longer he stays at DCFC the better for the club as far as I see it. 

2 minutes ago, Gisby said:

You’ve heard it here first, IMO Rooney will go on to be a top top manager. He strikes me as a single minded individual. You either perform for him or you’re out the door. His way or the highway. He’ll have his transfer targets, if they live up to expectations then all good for everyone (especially DCFC) if they don’t then they won’t play and will be moved on. Same with his back room staff. Rumours who he may bring in & who he won’t. I’m not too concerned TBH. Same principle if it works out then great, if it doesn’t then he’ll move them on. Very impressed with his first few weeks. Those that are on board and work the way he wants\expects will be rewarded those that don’t .... we’ll, there’s the door. The longer he stays at DCFC the better for the club as far as I see it. 

Thanks for sharing that with us, much obliged....when you are not using it can I borrow the crystal ball ?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thanks for sharing that with us, much obliged....when you are not using it can I borrow the crystal ball ?

PM me and I’ll have it couriered over to you, it only works when you wear rose coloured glasses whilst using it ???

I have no doubt that Wayne will pick players that could form a grouping that can play in the Premiership. I cannot see him wanting to sign players just to get us safe or just out of this division, ideally loans with an option to buy for a good few dinero.

19 hours ago, Gisby said:

A pretty reasonable analysis, but I think that we won't have tons of cash so can't afford to bring people in, then move them on because by definition if they aren't performing for us (eg marriott) we end up with a loss. 

rooney has earned more time (not the job - keep him on as interim until results struggle or we are safe)  but you cant help but think the upturn in results is more to do with him not actually playing rather than tactical decisions. the only change i see is we are better at defending, we are still woeful going forward and if we continue our goal scoring rate we will get relegated

3 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

If he gets the boot, as is being predicated, what are the chances of Lampard returning and how would you all feel about that?

In this strange World anything is possible?

Over rated manager who failed at Derby and the unsung hero, Jody Morris, probably deserves more of the plaudits.

Take away Mason Mount and Tomori, who were pretty much gifted due to his Chelsea links, we were a bang average team.

His signings were hardly a success and his selection at Wembley still angers me to this very minute.

The only thing that I will be forever grateful for was for giving me perhaps the best 90 minutes of footballing magic against Leeds United...Man U cup game werent bad either I suppose.

Archived