New Manager

dantheram

2 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

10:00

APOEL SACK McCARTHY

Apoel have announced the departure of manager Mick McCarthy and his assistant, Terry Connor.

He was appointed at the Greek side on November 2 and had signed a contract until 2022. He had won three games in his two months at the club.

Pulis and McCarthy spend not much time in a job lately don’t they 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Pulis and McCarthy spend not much time in a job lately don’t they 

Owners wanting instant results is a good idea but somewhat more difficult to provide. Wayne has shown a big team improvement in style of play, commitment and stamina. The results are ok for staying up and suggest that the team is still improving. Where would we be if we had kept Cocu. Nobody can say for sure. Young centre halves from lower divisions are being snapped up. Two gone already. If we are waiting for the takeover before we sign anyone that can only mean that availability of players is reducing.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Saw on twitter a notion that Celtic want Rooney as manager. 

Investigated it and the origin of the story was "some dweeb on the radio thought Gerrard would persuade Rooney to take the Celtic job"

I found that quite hilarious, so I thought I'd share the story. 

Haha I just saw a news alert on my phone saying the same thing. On the Daily Record website

Looked at the link and it's owned by the same media group that do the DET website, so it's similar tactics - making up news out of non-news to get people looking at the website and harvesting ad revenue. Pathetic

It seems you can say something on the radio now and newspapers will print it or write a story on it. I might nip on talkaport drive later and mention im a multi millionaire with a mansion 4 cars and a massive shlong. Leave my phone number and wait to see the Derby telegraph run the story and then wait for my phone to ping 

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

It seems you can say something on the radio now and newspapers will print it or write a story on it. I might nip on talkaport drive later and mention im a multi millionaire with a mansion 4 cars and a massive shlong. Leave my phone number and wait to see the Derby telegraph run the story and then wait for my phone to ping 

Tell them you know me and that I'm a smashing guy 

On 28/12/2020 at 21:51, sage said:

Really? Would you like to break that down for me? and bear in mind who is out of contract at the end of the season.  

And this is a weird window because of the financial impact of covid. Player values must be falling. Salaries will reduce as well but perhaps more slowly 

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Saw on twitter a notion that Celtic want Rooney as manager. 

Investigated it and the origin of the story was "some dweeb on the radio thought Gerrard would persuade Rooney to take the Celtic job"

I found that quite hilarious, so I thought I'd share the story. 

The afore mentioned 'dweeb' appears to have been Jason Cundy of Talksport, a fair description in my opinion!

Archived