New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Over rated manager who failed at Derby and the unsung hero, Jody Morris, probably deserves more of the plaudits.

Take away Mason Mount and Tomori, who were pretty much gifted due to his Chelsea links, we were a bang average team.

His signings were hardly a success and his selection at Wembley still angers me to this very minute.

The only thing that I will be forever grateful for was for giving me perhaps the best 90 minutes of footballing magic against Leeds United...Man U cup game werent bad either I suppose.

Absolute lunacy! Takeaway any team’s better players and they will be impacted. Lampard deserves credit not criticism for bringing those players in ffs! 

Name your favourite Derby manager and I’ll suggest he’d have been average without some players that I’ll also name. 

in fact, I’ll play along now:-

Nigel without Bryson/Hughes

Jewell was poo anyway 

Smith would be bang average without Stimac, Eranio and Asanovic

Cox would’ve been bang average without Saunders, Wright and McMinn 

see? stupid mindset. I expect better rationale from you! 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So what credit does he deserve for spaffing the real dosh and saddling us with Waghorn, FloJo and Malone? 

Perhaps easier to borrow your mates shiny toys than find your own to play with...... 

Waghorn was surely here before Lampard. Flo was a dud and Malone was/is as good as we have now! Every manager makes bad signings. I’ll challenge you similarly, name your favourite Derby manager. I’ll name some dud signings he made. 

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Waghorn was surely here before Lampard. Flo was a dud and Malone was/is as good as we have now! Every manager makes bad signings. I’ll challenge you similarly, name your favourite Derby manager. I’ll name some dud signings he made. 

Waghorn was signed the summer Frank joined so in the same way Cocu gets tagged with signing Bielik, Waggy is Frank's "snip". Dave mackay was my favourite manager. 

But that wasn't the point I think the op was making. It's not about a manager never making a poor signing.... Its about whether he makes enough decent ones to forge a good side. Once Frank's loans left, did he leave us with a decent side, better than he inherited? 

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Waghorn was signed the summer Frank joined so in the same way Cocu gets tagged with signing Bielik, Waggy is Frank's "snip". Dave mackay was my favourite manager. 

But that wasn't the point I think the op was making. It's not about a manager never making a poor signing.... Its about whether he makes enough decent ones to forge a good side. Once Frank's loans left, did he leave us with a decent side, better than he inherited? 

It’s a moot point though, as it’s making the assumption that had Lampard remained he’d have not replaced those players! It’s not for Lampard to make better signings than Cocu did after he’s left for Chelsea. The fact those players were not replaced adequately falls with Cocu (and those alongside him), not with those departed. 

30 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Lampard  signed Waghorn. Marriott, Malone, Flo Jo, Evans and Holmes for around £16m. Current resale value £2m 

He loaned in Mount, Tomori, Wilson, King and Cole. 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Lampard  signed Waghorn. Marriott, Malone, Flo Jo, Evans and Holmes for around £16m. Current resale value £2m 

Just to nitpick I'm not sure Evans and Holmes came anywhere near to 4m combined as the first four add up to about 12.

I completely forgot Andy King was even at Derby...

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Just to nitpick I'm not sure Evans and Holmes came anywhere near to 4m combined as the first four add up to about 12.

I completely forgot Andy King was even at Derby...

What is your breakdown on that figure?

18 minutes ago, sage said:

Your resale value is provocatively and mischievously subjective ?

Just now, sage said:

What is yours?

Im not sure of contract expiries to be honest, but if each of those players had 2yrs left, and i was managing a rival team, I’d expect to pay the following:-

Waghorn £4m, Marriott £2.5m, Malone £1.5m, Flo £1m, Holmes £2m, Evans £1.5m

just my opinion. 

Archived