New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

So for me it's either Rooney, Terry or Rosenior.

Liam for me is too Textbook, he talks like he's reading a script. I think he'll be a good coach but I can see him leaving once the new manager is in place.

I'm not sure; there are too many within the game that rate Rosenior for him not to have something. I can't help feeling that we're about to recreate the star double act of Jim Smith and Steve McClaren - only now Mac is the Bald Eagle and Rosenior the up an coming coach given his big break...

...We had a 'money bags' owner back then too, funding the magical journey to promotion.

It's written in the stars.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Didn't Slavisa Jokanovic work under a Technical Director/DoF at Fulham?

Just thinking...his playing philosophy matches McClaren's quite closely. Maybe he fancies sharing a plane over with the new owners? ?

We aren't this lucky

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Didn't Slavisa Jokanovic work under a Technical Director/DoF at Fulham?

Just thinking...his playing philosophy matches McClaren's quite closely. Maybe he fancies sharing a plane over with the new owners? ?

Some interesting comments from Jokanovic from an interview he did back in May:

“Would I like to go back to England? Yes I would.”

And on the situation he inherited at Fulham:

"...at Fulham it was a case of starting from zero, or if you prefer, minus-20. It was a gloomy club where there was no vision of returning to the Premier League. I did a job, in collaboration with the club and all the players. We had everyone believing that yes it was possible.”

Sounds a bit like...Derby right now, doesn't it?

I know the McClaren appointment seems to now point all fingers squarely at Wayne Rooney...but I still think Slavisa would be the perfect fit for us.

His football would suit this playing squad. He has experience in this division (and two promotions from it). And as you can see from the above comments, he's not against taking over a club that is in a pretty rubbish place and pulling them back up the table.

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I know the McClaren appointment seems to now point all fingers squarely at Wayne Rooney...but I still think Slavisa would be the perfect fit for us.

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

I’d be somewhere between shocked and dismayed if we appoint a novice Manager. It’s a huge risk at a time where we shouldn’t be gambling to that degree.

We don't know how much there is here to attract an established manager, not even how much money. Why wouldn't Jokanovich wait for a parachute club?

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Some interesting comments from Jokanovic from an interview he did back in May:

“Would I like to go back to England? Yes I would.”

And on the situation he inherited at Fulham:

"...at Fulham it was a case of starting from zero, or if you prefer, minus-20. It was a gloomy club where there was no vision of returning to the Premier League. I did a job, in collaboration with the club and all the players. We had everyone believing that yes it was possible.”

Sounds a bit like...Derby right now, doesn't it?

His football would suit this playing squad. He has experience in this division (and two promotions from it). And as you can see from the above comments, he's not against taking over a club that is in a pretty rubbish place and pulling them back up the table.

Didn't he "fail" at Fulham because, having got them promoted, he lost control of the transfers, the owners/DoF went crazy and bought anyone and everyone. Then he had to try and assemble them into a team which was nigh on impossible. The team spirit that got them promoted went down the pan. Just saying....he may have been put off not having control over transfers.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We don't know how much there is here to attract an established manager, not even how much money. Why wouldn't Jokanovich wait for a parachute club?

You do us a bit of a disservice there, Roy!

New owners incoming, a playing squad that could easily fly off the bottom if a manager can get them going, a huge fanbase, unbelievable facilities and a category 1 academy. Why wouldn't they want to come here!

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

You do us a bit of a disservice there, Roy!

New owners incoming, a playing squad that could easily fly off the bottom if a manager can get them going, a huge fanbase, unbelievable facilities and a category 1 academy. Why wouldn't they want to come here!

No money to spend. Contract not good enough.

Edit: doesn't Joka demand to be paid a fair whack?

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Didn't he "fail" at Fulham because, having got them promoted, he lost control of the transfers, the owners/DoF went crazy and bought anyone and everyone. Then he had to try and assemble them into a team which was nigh on impossible. The team spirit that got them promoted went down the pan. Just saying....he may have been put off not having control over transfers.

Yeah my impression was that Tony Khan went on a bit of a wild spending spree and the playing squad became very quickly unbalanced. You'd have to ask someone who watched them more regularly to know for sure.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

No money to spend. Contract not good enough.

How do you know there won't be any money to spend under the new ownership?

How do you know how good the contract would/wouldn't be? Our previous two managers were among the highest paid in the division, by the way!

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

How do you know there won't be any money to spend under the new ownership?

How do you know how good the contract would/wouldn't be? Our previous two managers were among the highest paid in the division, by the way!

I don't, but that was why someone might not want to come here. Why isn't he looking at bottom Prem or parachute Championship clubs?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why isn't he looking at bottom Prem or parachute Championship clubs?

He may well be, Roy! 

Could you see a WBA or a Sheffield United turning to him at the moment? I'm not sure I do.

As for the parachute championship clubs you mention, they all seem pretty happy with their managers at the moment, don't they?

So what does that leave him...carry on working abroad or return to England some other way!

31 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

@Richard246 is Mac's appointment consistent with what you were understanding?

When you said "Rooney won't be manager"......did that also cover "Rooney won't be Head Coach"?

My friend, I know you are keen to get some info but seriously I don’t know why you, or anybody, is hanging on to this guy’s every word. His posting record on this forum offers no justification whatsover for him being ITK, unless that stands for in the kitchen.  I would bet my last penny that this is someone seeing how easy it is to be a ‘Barry the Ram’ enjoying the attention that it brings.

Archived