New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Surely Mac3 now means we won't be appointing Benitez, Allardyce or Howe. It's unlikely that any of those wouldn't want full control.

It's going to be Rooney, isn't it? As it has been all along.

Although I would prefer someone else to get the job. I think Mac assisting Rooney will be better than that rumour of Gregory assisting him by roughly a million miles!

Saturday's match was too similar to the poor play we've seen this season and someone like Mac is the right person to bring in fresh ideas to the makeshift coaching team at the moment. Hopefully they've had this sorted for a while and we will see some improvement against Boro tomorrow.

I would still like someone with a bit more coaching and managing experience to be our Head Coach/Manager though. As mentioned in another thread, I'm hoping this appointment might be one to help an up and coming international manager transition into the championship and Mac's experience is there to guide them through the integration. Something that Cocu didn't have the benefit of.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Surely Mac3 now means we won't be appointing Benitez, Allardyce or Howe. It's unlikely that any of those wouldn't want full control.

It's going to be Rooney, isn't it? As it has been all along.

Yeah, I cannot see those guys, Benitez in particular, working with a DoF or anything similar and certainly not an ex-manager, more specifically the 2 time ex-manager of the club. 

It'll be Rooney, or Terry.

2 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

Yeah, I cannot see those guys, Benitez in particular, working with a DoF or anything similar

DoF/Technical Director > Head Coach is the most common setup on the continent, Benitez will have worked under one at Madrid, Valencia & Tenerife for a start.

Just now, Carnero said:

DoF/Technical Director > Head Coach is the most common setup on the continent, Benitez will have worked under one at Madrid, Valencia & Tenerife for a start.

Yeah, that is true. Although I still think he might have an issue working with a DoF/Technical Director who used to be the former manager, but maybe there's been enough of a time gap.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Big Bad I’m not in the know Barry didn’t see this one coming. ?

Barry. Richard. Rest of these VIP ITK's.

These guys really are the backbone of society and humanity as well. I can't understand how we managed to live without them.

I reckon we'll have a manager announcement on Black Friday. The social team will love to do something around that. "Black and White Friday" or something.

Scene 1: Crazy consumers breaking down barriers to get deals from Black Friday's past.

Scene 2: Helicopter touching down with the Sheikh's money spilling out of it and littering the Pride Park pitch and forming a pathway - a bit like a red carpet made of money.

Scene 3: A close-up of a shiny shoe (possibly Prada or Gucci, definitely not a grubby white trainer like Rowett wears) begins to step out of the helicopter and onto the notes.

Scene 4: Fade to black. Snazzy animated captions begin - "BLACK AND WHITE FRIDAY IS HERE". Fade back to Black.

Scene 5: Steve McClaren walking towards the helicopter to greet the mystery appointment.

Scene 6: Close-up fist bump (it's still COVID times, you know)

Scene 7: Fade to black. Snazzy animated captions begin - "A DEAL THAT WAS TOO GOOD TO MISS OUT ON". Fade back to Black.

Scene 8: R̶o̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ B̶i̶g̶ ̶S̶a̶m̶ E̶d̶d̶i̶e̶ ̶H̶o̶w̶e̶ R̶a̶f̶a̶ ̶B̶e̶n̶i̶t̶e̶z̶ R̶a̶l̶f̶ ̶R̶a̶n̶g̶n̶i̶c̶k̶ S̶t̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶o̶p̶e̶r̶  Billy Davies smiles at the camera.

Scene 10: Fade to black. Snazzy animated captions begin - "UNFINISHED BUSINESS". Fade back to Black.

Glorious...

5 minutes ago, roboto said:

I reckon we'll have a manager announcement on Black Friday. The social team will love to do something around that. "Black and White Friday" or something.

Scene 1: Crazy consumers breaking down barriers to get deals from Black Friday's past.

Scene 2: Helicopter touching down with the Sheikh's money spilling out of it and littering the Pride Park pitch and forming a pathway - a bit like a red carpet made of money.

Scene 3: A close-up of a shiny shoe (possibly Prada or Gucci, definitely not a grubby white trainer like Rowett wears) begins to step out of the helicopter and onto the notes.

Scene 4: Fade to black. Snazzy animated captions begin - "BLACK AND WHITE FRIDAY IS HERE". Fade back to Black.

Scene 5: Steve McClaren walking towards the helicopter to greet the mystery appointment.

Scene 6: Close-up fist bump (it's still COVID times, you know)

Scene 7: Fade to black. Snazzy animated captions begin - "A DEAL THAT WAS TOO GOOD TO MISS OUT ON". Fade back to Black.

Scene 8: R̶o̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ B̶i̶g̶ ̶S̶a̶m̶ E̶d̶d̶i̶e̶ ̶H̶o̶w̶e̶ R̶a̶f̶a̶ ̶B̶e̶n̶i̶t̶e̶z̶ R̶a̶l̶f̶ ̶R̶a̶n̶g̶n̶i̶c̶k̶ S̶t̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶o̶p̶e̶r̶  Billy Davies smiles at the camera.

Scene 10: Fade to black. Snazzy animated captions begin - "UNFINISHED BUSINESS". Fade back to Black.

Glorious...

I was enjoying that until you mentioned Billy Davies.

Bring back Mac is one thing. That horrible little man is quite another.

Archived