New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Statistics, percentages and whatever analysis people choose to use to try and dictate their opinions on characters, don't win anyone promotion especially not Mac 1, Mac 2 or any other versions. Mac had his success with Jim Smith with us and that's where it ended. Comparing two different types of people is pointless, we are all different and if we end up with Mac 3 that will only show me the football clubs lack of ambition.

Success is not an binary thing. It can't simply be defined by promotion. Mac 1 was certainly not a failure here in my book. Nor was Mac 2. Nobody even mentioned Mac, you brought it up and you brought up other managers. Then I talk stats and all of a sudden comparison is pointless, why did you drive the conversation that way then? Regardless of any previous Derby manager, David Wagner is not good enough.

7 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

lording up a bloke that was outwitted by old man Harry at Wembley

Outwitted? really?

Assume you didn't watch the game then! 

Not only dismissing the achievement of getting perennial mid-table nobodies to the play-off final in 8 months, but forgetting that clumsiness and lack of commitment from a combination of Forsyth, Buxton and Keogh handed the game on a plate to Zamora in the final moments, is quite classless.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Success is not an binary thing. It can't simply be defined by promotion. Mac 1 was certainly not a failure here in my book. Nor was Mac 2. Nobody even mentioned Mac, you brought it up and you brought up other managers. Then I talk stats and all of a sudden comparison is pointless, why did you drive the conversation that way then? Regardless of any previous Derby manager, David Wagner is not good enough.

I didn't make the comparison. I just brought up David Wagnor and you shot him down, so I thought it only fair to stand up for the guy just like you are standing up for Steve McClaren, and to be fair I can't be bothered with all this Mac, Mac 1, Mac 2, Mac 3 stuff. He's had plenty of opportunities with us and I'm not sure what he's up to now, but I don't think he's achieved much recently either.

Time to move on for us all.

1 minute ago, Ilsonram12 said:

https://oddschanger.com/football-manager-transfers/next-Derby-county-manager-odds-2019

Interestingly this was when the next to replace lampard, no cocu in the list so could be another non bookies favourite 

I love that list, amazing where they pull them from.

Funny that Niall Horan was seen as a ridiculous long shot at 500/1, but somehow Mourinho was only 100/1.

It would have been the most Derby thing I’ve ever seen to appoint Niall Horan as manager purely for shirt sales and doing a Derby music/football tour with all profits going to Derby...a proper middle finger to the EFL and FFP.

(Mel, if you’re reading this please don’t get any ideas...!) 

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Outwitted? really?

Assume you didn't watch the game then! 

Not only dismissing the achievement of getting perennial mid-table nobodies to the play-off final in 8 months, but forgetting that clumsiness and lack of commitment from a combination of Forsyth, Buxton and Keogh handed the game on a plate to Zamora in the final moments, is quite classless.

You know I watched the game. I was asked by an elderly gentleman at half time how I thought the game would go second half and I said I think we will lose 1-0 to a late goal. I wasn't being classless then, I'm not being classless now. I just think quite a few folk on here and thousands of Derby fans believe Steve McClaren is greater than he actually is and the same folk would not paint the same picture of any of the other Managers we have had since, if they achieved the same as what he did that season.

Funny how in certain games it's the players fault but in other games it's the managers fault, funny old game is football.

51 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Be serious

I'm not saying its my choice, the new owners will have already secured the services of their new manager, before instructing Mel to "clear the decks". Who they install will be an early indication of the seriousness of their intent. I guess all will be revealed sometime in the coming week.

32 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I didn't make the comparison. I just brought up David Wagnor and you shot him down, so I thought it only fair to stand up for the guy just like you are standing up for Steve McClaren, and to be fair I can't be bothered with all this Mac, Mac 1, Mac 2, Mac 3 stuff. He's had plenty of opportunities with us and I'm not sure what he's up to now, but I don't think he's achieved much recently either.

Time to move on for us all.

Wagner was sacked at Shalke after an 18 game winless run. 

Interestingly this was the first rumour the red tops mentioned weeks ago.

Im not getting angry yet, I’m hoping it’s complete baalocks as this imo would be a complete and utter disaster plus I don’t want that man back anywhere near our club. He really soured his relationship with Derby fans as manager when we thought lots of him as a player. And he comes across like a real London wide boy, the epitome of football dinosaur.

Archived