• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Cocu is too defensive"

"Cocu just sets his team up according to the opposition"

"We want Benitez"

?‍♂️ 

Sheesh! Do you guys watch football?

Is that the same Benitez who plays 10 defenders in a 10-0-0 formation against Manchester City?

"But he won the Champions League at Liverpool".

They were 3-0 down at half time and the players were stirred by the fans singing throughout half time and Gerrard had one of his inspirational displays.

But, hey, let's have Benitez.

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I live down sarf now and I've seen a fair bit of Bournemouth. To me, Howe was greatly overrated. They bought their way from League 1 to the Premier League. I think they fell foul of FFP. The football wasn't great either but it seems a lot on here are calling for "effective".

In addition, Howe is not regarded as "a legend" by their supporters. The ones I have spoken to and those interviewed on radio and local TV were all saying it was time for him to go - even before they were relegated.

Wasn't there stories when Ibe signed for us that he was unhappy with Howe's treatment of his mental health issues? One or two others wouldn't sign short extensions going into lockdown either.

Anyhow, I may be swimming against the tide but I don't want him at Derby.

Anyhowe

A pretty dire list to be honest. I was all for Howe a few weeks ago, but the more I’ve thought about it, the more I’m not a fan, got Bournemouth relegated and spent a lot of money, or way over the odds on average players.  Solanke being the prime example. 

Paul Cook is the one who’s probably be the safe option, don’t think he would do anything spectacular, but would get us out of trouble.

Im sure most of us would like Rafa, but I can’t see it. 

I suspect that list will change once the takeover is complete. I sort of hope Morris is not advising on the next manager. 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

"Cocu is too defensive"

"Cocu just sets his team up according to the opposition"

"We want Benitez"

?‍♂️

Sheesh! Do you guys watch football?

Is that the same Benitez who plays 10 defenders in a 10-0-0 formation against Manchester City?

"But he won the Champions League at Liverpool".

They were 3-0 down at half time and the players were stirred by the fans singing throughout half time and Gerrard had one of his inspirational displays.

But, hey, let's have Benitez.

Look at Rafas CV compared to Cocu. They are miles apart. Cocu has now failed at 2 of his 3 jobs. Don’t think Rafa has failed anywhere really.

If we can't get Jokanovic then I think from the 4 listed in The Mail I would go for Nigel Adkins, good solid manager who would move us away from danger. Always seems like a good personality and can get the most out of his players in this division.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

The Mail (I know - take with a pinch of salt) are saying Di Matteo, Howe, Brian McDermott (formerly of Reading), and Nigel Adkins are the 4 on our shortlist. 

Can't stand the Mail but hope that story has a semblance of truth, as having an experienced shortlist makes total sense to me.

https://t.co/QozxD3rUz7?amp=1

Said it elsewhere, Nigel Adkins would be my stand out choice. Not just his track record or style of football but most importantly given the lack of confidence in our squad, a really positive approach to life & football. 

9 hours ago, thelovebelow said:

What kind of football would a Paul Cook team play? I know he got a lot of clean sheets, but that's all I know. 

Effective football based on the players ability I believe 

then again what type of football does Cocu,Lampard, Rowett, Pearson, Jewell, Davies play - who knows until it happens 

8 hours ago, Andicis said:

What worries me about Howe is he was allegedly home sick for the South Coast whilst at Burnley, and he couldn't get anything out of Jordon Ibe at Bournemouth. 

Burnley was too big for him, whilst with Ibe he paid heavily for him and then noticed how limited he was in a constant manner whilst not being able to get anything out of him which most wouldn’t have done anyway whilst suffering from a mental health condition - I don’t want Howe personally but I do feel the time is right to give someone like cook a go.

14 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

If we can't get Jokanovic then I think from the 4 listed in The Mail I would go for Nigel Adkins, good solid manager who would move us away from danger. Always seems like a good personality and can get the most out of his players in this division.

I too like Adkins and at times his teams play very good football, jokanovic I don’t really like and sure he scrambled two promotions thanks to having huge squads of newly relegated premiership players and pots of parachute payments whilst at Watford and Fulham who both sacked him very soon after promotion so they clearly didn’t like something 

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

The Mail (I know - take with a pinch of salt) are saying Di Matteo, Howe, Brian McDermott (formerly of Reading), and Nigel Adkins are the 4 on our shortlist. 

ducking hell, if that’s the extent of the shortlist we really are in trouble. How are absolute non-entities like Adkins, McDermott and Di Matteo even in the frame for a job of this kind? This had better be fake news!

Archived