v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ffs, you’re only encouraging them. Guarantee there will be a thread dedicated to Mac if we win today.

I hope so!

Kazim with a great ball after getting turned around to send Derby forward; it gets held up a little but eventually Kazim heads it down to TL who messes up the volley somewhat.

Derby retain possession and work a cross from *squints* George Evans, another neat touch from Kazim putting him in behind; Kazim fouls a defender a few touches later.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been saying since he signed that CKR is exactly the 'type' of forward we need. He obviously wont play as well as he has this 1st half every week but even on a poor day he will cause opposition defenders problems.

Been a proper target man that first half. Winning his headers, being physical, wiinning freekicks, passing has been brilliant, took his offside goal well too

More of the same please CKR, having a target man brings everyone else into play so much more.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I'm not sure how much he's been good and how much that Wycombe are making it so easy for him. He's absolutely acres in front of him and had as much time as he wants on the ball.

He's been very good, taking advantage of Wycombes very narrow shape.

Having moaned constantly about not replacing Martin, I now see we do have a player who knows how to play that role..Why did Cocu not use Kazim Richards  more ????? Great to have somebody up front who doesn't keep losing the ball when it gets to him, somebody who can use his head or make effective simple flicks and passes.

3 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Baffles me how when we signed Richards everyone slated it as a poor signing. People who don’t understand what he brings to a team don’t understand football. He is just what you need for this league. Big, strong, and physical. If the ball sticks up front, pressure on the back 4 is relieved and you can get runners in behind. None of this backwards sideways rubbish Cocu tried implementing when you’re inviting pressure on yourself and not gaining ground in the final third. Yes it may be ugly, but it is effective. I’ve been saying it for ages on this forum that direct football in this league is what you need, not the mindless boring pointless possession play. Richards sounds like man of the match so far and is providing the link up play we crave. Well done to him thus far.

When we signed him we had a different level of expectation.  We've been humbled and are now grateful.

Archived