January 2021 transfer thread

B4ev6is

18 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

We need to be making signings at the beginning/middle of January not leave it till the last few days when we might be panic buying. 

Totally agree, but in the recent past this seems to have been 'the Derby way'!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

And here’s the rub of the takeover not being completed.

I’d be very surprised to see any signings before the ownership is resolved. For that reason alone it will be interesting to see who Dursun has signed up for come 01 January.

I agree with you there. 

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Anyone anyy idea if there is any cash should the takeover not go ahead? 

Well, we now know that Pride Park is part of the deal so my thinking is that if the takeover goes ahead, we'll see three things happen straight away:

• Rooney confirmed as manager and Mac's time at the club extended
  • Commercial deals stuck such as a re-branding of the stadium, thereby injecting lovely big wads of cash*
  • Signings, big fat juicy signings with all the trimmings. Also a quality loan to buy or two

*Within FFP guidelines of course - it may be this pre-agreement that is actually holding up the process as we ty to pre-agree values with the notoriously ponderous EFL at the same time as trying to ensure that their current ongoing victimisation (sorry, I mean investigation) of the club is quantified and offset. 

13 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well, we now know that Pride Park is part of the deal so my thinking is that if the takeover goes ahead, we'll see three things happen straight away:

• Commercial deals stuck such as a re-branding of the stadium, thereby injecting lovely big wads of cash*
  • Signings, big fat juicy signings with all the trimmings. Also a quality loan to buy or two

*Within FFP guidelines of course - it may be this pre-agreement that is actually holding up the process as we ty to pre-agree values with the notoriously ponderous EFL at the same time as trying to ensure that their current ongoing victimisation (sorry, I mean investigation) of the club is quantified and offset. 

Great post, love it all 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dursun sign on for an obscure UAE team like Baniyas (I picked them because they’ve got a lovely looking camel on their club badge not because they’re owned by one of the wider Bin Zayed family) only to be immediately loaned out to the Rams.

If this turns out to be anywhere near the truth then I think we will know how our new owners are proposing to get around FFP.

32 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

"Some students lost marks by failing to answer directly the question set, although some credit was given for a well structured answer".

3/10

? 

14 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

"Some students lost marks by failing to answer directly the question set, although some credit was given for a well structured answer".

3/10

?

All that effort but didn't read the question properly. 

*hangs head in shame and shuffles to back of classroom ?

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

All that effort but didn't read the question properly. 

*hangs head in shame and shuffles to back of classroom ?

as a positive scenario it was a great description. Where i was wondering was, given our recent positive upturn, whether Mel might be inclined to find a few pennies even if we don't get the sheikhs............

1 hour ago, leamram said:

Dursan,Jones and an experienced midfielder (Will Hughes please) would do me.

I think long term we need two central defenders and a striker to challenge Colin.....(I still wished we had signed Kiefer Moore) 

He is currently the type of midfielder we are missing for the 4-3-3, although I wouldn’t like us to go back to a player we’ve had in the past, it rarely works out. Also he’s been very injury prone since we had him, unpopular opinion but for the career he’s had at Watford I think the money we received was fair. 

Basically give Wayne what he wants and sort it out after that. Every managerial candidates wants to know how.much cash is available. Wayne had two lists. One if takeover goes ahead so maybe a sum has been suggested but not made available until takeover takes place.

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Great answer, but the question was regarding a collapse of the takeover ?

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

as a positive scenario it was a great description. Where i was wondering was, given our recent positive upturn, whether Mel might be inclined to find a few pennies even if we don't get the sheikhs............

Blimey, quite demanding ain't ya! ?

EFL BS notwithstanding, I'm absolutely certain there is some coin to spend. Activity last window on deals that didn't go through for reasons other than cashflow seemed to suggest that we had £2-3 million at a reasonably conservative estimate, though I confess the numbers are rough and are based on the Dursun deal and a couple of loans we sought for players who were ultimately held onto by their parent clubs.

Every time folk start stating categorically that we are skint, Mel always finds a chunk down the back of the sofa so I'd expect some activity even if no takeover materialises if for no other reason than Mel is shrewd enough to know that appearing to be a club moving back to an upward curve would doubtless make us a more enticing prospect to any other suitors. Despite the gloomy predictions from some quarters however, I'm almost certain the deal is as good as done and that is not based purely on guesswork! 

Gotta be worth a B grade now teach! ?

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes. Only 12 goals in all competitions since we sold him in 2017 (126 games). 

Certain players thrive in certain clubs and environments Tom was on fire Blackpool and was highly prized. He did next to nothing till he rocked up at Derby and immediately refound his form... Since he left has you say very back to the wilderness. 

59 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Blimey, quite demanding ain't ya! ?

EFL BS notwithstanding, I'm absolutely certain there is some coin to spend. Activity last window on deals that didn't go through for reasons other than cashflow seemed to suggest that we had £2-3 million at a reasonably conservative estimate, though I confess the numbers are rough and are based on the Dursun deal and a couple of loans we sought for players who were ultimately held onto by their parent clubs.

Every time folk start stating categorically that we are skint, Mel always finds a chunk down the back of the sofa so I'd expect some activity even if no takeover materialises if for no other reason than Mel is shrewd enough to know that appearing to be a club moving back to an upward curve would doubtless make us a more enticing prospect to any other suitors. Despite the gloomy predictions from some quarters however, I'm almost certain the deal is as good as done and that is not based purely on guesswork! 

Gotta be worth a B grade now teach! ?

Oh, i think the highest accolade........some house points!?

Archived