January 2021 transfer thread

B4ev6is

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Does anyone know whether Mallik Wilks at Hull is any good?

Have heard good things about him and he does have pace. Not sure what his end product is like.

Another tit apparently 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-leeds-53558967&ved=2ahUKEwjov8GejubtAhUPTxUIHUiPAp4QFjACegQIAhAF&usg=AOvVaw0bCxjMH4NzOuI7rYeezhON&ampcf=1

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Yeah I read that. 

3 years ago so hopefully he has learned since then. 

He seems one of the better players in the lower leagues. 

Looking at our situation in the summer I think we really need to be thinking about permanent additions in the Centre Back positions.  I remain to be convinced where we'll be shopping and whether we're even under a soft embargo (yet again).

So I'll venture Reece Burke, RCB at Hull, 23 years old, 6'2", relatively pacy, out of contract in the summer and at a selling club.  Solid addition if we could get him at a sensible price.

15 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Does anyone know whether Mallik Wilks at Hull is any good?

Have heard good things about him and he does have pace. Not sure what his end product is like.

6 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah I read that. 

3 years ago so hopefully he has learned since then. 

He seems one of the better players in the lower leagues. 

There’s a potential story there if you research who his brother was murdered by.

Could be a coincidence but we have a player with the same surname, hailing from the same area of Leeds. 

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

There’s a potential story there if you research who his brother was murdered by.

Could be a coincidence but we have a player with the same surname, hailing from the same area of Leeds. 

Hard to find anything to link the two people with the same surname. You’d think that it may have come out in the press if there was an immediate relation.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If the takeover hasn’t been confirmed and a permanent manager not appointed by start of Jan, who will decide who we want to buy and who will pay ?

Well it should be Mel as he's the owner currently. Hopefully the new owners will have agreed a transfer budget for January - as an expected expenditure?

Archived