January 2021 transfer thread

B4ev6is

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ince has festered for a long time with the chip eaters, probably a season and a half since he had a decent run of form and barely played this season.

Theres plenty of goals there if someone can utilise him and get his confidence back, that said he does have his drawbacks when it comes to team play!

Amazing to think he’s still only 28 and he once rejected the chance to go to Inter.......and now he’s pretty much in Stokes reserves!

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Ince has festered for a long time with the chip eaters, probably a season and a half since he had a decent run of form and barely played this season.

Theres plenty of goals there if someone can utilise him and get his confidence back, that said he does have his drawbacks when it comes to team play!

Amazing to think he’s still only 28 and he once rejected the chance to go to Inter.......and now he’s pretty much in Stokes reserves!

He is a regular on their bench recently ?

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Indeed....and then there is Conor Sammon and Stevie May ?

We've had Stevie Bloomer who came from Derby Midland, Kevin Hector from Bradford Park Avenue, Roger Davies from Worcester city, Bobby Davison from Halifax Town and Malcolm Christie from Nuneaton. If you dont take the gamble when you have'nt got the talent available from your current squad, then you never progress.

3 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

We've had Stevie Bloomer who came from Derby Midland, Kevin Hector from Bradford Park Avenue, Roger Davies from Worcester city, Bobby Davison from Halifax Town and Malcolm Christie from Nuneaton. If you dont take the gamble when you have'nt got the talent available from your current squad, then you never progress.

It’s a bit like the Manager question, do you go for experience or take a gamble on potential?

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I am quite looking forward to see who Rooney wants to bring in and who he is able to actually bring in not to mention who departs.

I think some of our young strikers could be sent out on loan to see if they can step up to regular EFL standard football, rather than play U23s standard. He did state after the Sheff Weds game that he had targets.

Ince been in their squad every week since November but interestingly not in it tonight, no mention of why either.

Id take Ince back on loan until the summer. He is still 28, 18months left of his contract so could be a permanent move in the summer.

For me he is better than Waghorn and would improve our wide options for sure. On paper Jozwiak Lawrence Ince Waghorn Ibe is very good at this level and should be enough to keep us in the league which is our main aim currently.

We have to be realistic on who we can bring in whilst we are where we are. Also, no point wasting big money in Jan when you dont tend to get value for it. Also, with a few players out of contract this summer like Waghorn & Holmes we may end up cashing in during Jan if possible.

For me we should be looking at 4 players in Jan. Possibily 2 on loan & 2 permanant.

CB

Attacking/Creative Mid

Winger

Forward

We could do with a CB on a permanent but only name linked is Phil Jones which would be a loan. For a winger, Ince on loan would do for me as per my previous post, let Whittaker go out on loan and get some much needed game time. We need a creative player in the middle. Sibley is too inconsistent currently, Knight is a workhorse box to box type, Holmes is the only other option but isnt good enough. Longstaff on loan been mentioned but not sure how creative he is? We need another striker, as much as I am part of the CKR fan club he needs help up there. Dursun on a permanent could be an option depending on the new rules, if not then Keinan Davis on loan would be my choice. Grealish himself has said Davis is the best hold up striker at Villa.

Lets see what names we get linked with, can see United/Everton youngsters being linked to us but not surw how many would be good enough to step into our first team.

Jason knight won’t sign for Burnley.

if it looked like we were prepared to sell then there would be a scramble.
Wolves, leeds, Aston Villa, maybe even Leicester. 

He just needs to add goals to his game, then the sky is the limit.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

He’s not doing bad on the goals front tbf 

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

goals mate he is going fine in that department. if the take over dont happen soon can see it we need funds to get striker and cb 

42 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

goals mate he is going fine in that department. if the take over dont happen soon can see it we need funds to get striker and cb 

2 in 21. 

Archived