January 2021 transfer thread

B4ev6is

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Great answer, but the question was regarding a collapse of the takeover ?

Lack of sleep my only excuse. Been dizzy AF all day. Managed to lock my keys in my car as well as drawing £30 at a cashpoint then walking away without taking the money on a brief visit to town today. Not getting up at all tomorrow! ?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/12/2020 at 14:28, DCFC27 said:

He is currently the type of midfielder we are missing for the 4-3-3, although I wouldn’t like us to go back to a player we’ve had in the past, it rarely works out. Also he’s been very injury prone since we had him, unpopular opinion but for the career he’s had at Watford I think the money we received was fair. 

Had to read it a couple of times, as I was initially shocked that you were suggesting you wouldn't want Will back. Now I've read your point properly, I can understand your thinking. But I would have Will back here in a heartbeat. He's not just a former player, he is an academy player who is also a Rams fan. Not to mention he is a brilliant footballer who can do everything in midfield, except maybe score lots of goals...

3 hours ago, r4derby said:

Had to read it a couple of times, as I was initially shocked that you were suggesting you wouldn't want Will back. Now I've read your point properly, I can understand your thinking. But I would have Will back here in a heartbeat. He's not just a former player, he is an academy player who is also a Rams fan. Not to mention he is a brilliant footballer who can do everything in midfield, except maybe score lots of goals...

It’s the euphoria I worry about, he just won’t live up to it and cost us a lot in the meanwhile.

12 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

It’s the euphoria I worry about, he just won’t live up to it and cost us a lot in the meanwhile.

Maybe, but it’s not like his game was based on big moments or goals. Those are hard to replicate. He does the intricate things well, something he has done well for Watford when he’s fit. I think the fans would love him if he returned. I’m not sure we would pay a big fee for him though. If we have any money to spend it will be used on other areas where there is a more pressing need - CB, ST and another attacker (in my opinion). Happy New Year

On 30/12/2020 at 23:45, kevinhectoring said:

What do we need more? A goal scorer ? Or to play better football in the final third ?

We are, of recent playing better football in the final third. But we are not putting them in the net (yes we need an out and out goalscorer) We are one of the lowest scorers in the Championship, the highest currently being Brentford with 36 goal and they have the current top goalscorer in Toney.

I just seen a story from "The Sun" dated a couple of days ago, that Sheff Utd are looking at Kevin Nisbet from Hibs. Stated that they could go for him in the summer. This is a player we should going in for now and unlike Sheff Utd who might wait until the summer( the players value could go up by then). Come Derby get in there, if Brentford gambled with Watkins and now Toney, this is a gamble we should take. Strike early before his value goes up. Hibs paid £250k for him this summer, so i reckon he could be taken for about £750k.

15 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I just seen a story from "The Sun" dated a couple of days ago, that Sheff Utd are looking at Kevin Nisbet from Hibs. Stated that they could go for him in the summer. This is a player we should going in for now and unlike Sheff Utd who might wait until the summer( the players value could go up by then). Come Derby get in there, if Brentford gambled with Watkins and now Toney, this is a gamble we should take. Strike early before his value goes up. Hibs paid £250k for him this summer, so i reckon he could be taken for about £750k.

Similar risk to signing a League 2 player....can he perform a couple of levels higher?

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am quite looking forward to see who Rooney wants to bring in and who he is able to actually bring in not to mention who departs.

I wouldn't be surprised if come 3rd week in January we still won't have any new editions. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That would be an odd one with Sibley, Waghorn and Ibe on the books. He could be a mardy and sometimes a selfish so and so but I always liked him. Bit one footed but talented none the less. I think he works best with other quick thinkers. Had a bit of the mercurial with him.  How old is he now ? 

On 31/12/2020 at 15:34, r4derby said:

Liverpool fan isn’t he?

Archived