January 2021 transfer thread

B4ev6is

25 minutes ago, sage said:

So 4231 then, not 433.

Very attacking. 

We need to go more attacking and put some of these games to bed, we have the players now without signing for that formation to work, playing Lawrence or Sibley in that role and CKR with better service you’d see scoring more goals. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, YouRams said:

We need to go more attacking and put some of these games to bed, we have the players now without signing for that formation to work, playing Lawrence or Sibley in that role and CKR with better service you’d see scoring more goals. 

And concede more.

Would be interesting certainly.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Read this. 

Unless he's been told there is little possibility of him getting back in the team, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with his attitude. With our current situation we need players that are gonna dig in and fight for the cause. Screams quitter to me this article. 

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Unless he's been told there is little possibility of him getting back in the team, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with his attitude. With our current situation we need players that are gonna dig in and fight for the cause. Screams quitter to me this article. 

I guess when he signed he was thinking he could always ‘pop home’ to see his family and friends.

That option has been removed at a time when I bet he could do with some additional support.

He signed for Cocu and now has Rooney. He’s not playing and will be thinking about where his family might grow up.

One of those where you just shake hands and move on.

9 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Pick up your toys and get back in the pram. He's no quitter 

I'd like us try to sign Finnish international CB Daniel O'Shaugnessy aka DOS. There's a bunch of Championship clubs after him as he has dual passport (Irish being the other) so the new regulations wouldn't be a problem.

He is not spectatular but good with ball, typical late bloomer and would be available cheaply. HJK tends to sell their players with 300-500 K (except Morelos) so we might even have enough money to buy him.... Last season he really developed nicely and was chosen best defender in the Finnish league.

As Te Wierik going, Wisdom and Davies are running out of contract and Clarke could cost a small fortune... We need bodies in and DOS would be good value for money, especially if he is chosen to European Championship and UEFA would pay for his participation.

Left footed so not really the man to play with Clarke though.

Thinking about where we need more quality or more depth, this is where I'd be looking to strengthen (on condition that the takeover happens).

CB - Wisdom and Clarke have the makings of a good partnership... however, as far as I'm aware, Wiz's contract is up at the end of the season and I'm not sure about our chances of signing Clarke permanently. A solid, experienced CB such as Tom Lees from Sheff Wed would be on my list. If we could get Clarkey in the summer, Lees and Clarke would be a good Championship pairing for next season.
CM - Need some depth here. Ben Whiteman from Doncaster would be an astute signing. I've been impressed every time I've seen him play and can cover CDM, CM, and CAM.
RM/LM - A good, quick left-footed winger would give another option attacking wise. Tom Ince? Played well for us but reports about his attitude recently could be a put off. Failing that... Christian Atsu isn't getting a game at Newcastle and could be available for a loan? Same applies to Johann Gudmundsson at Burnley.
CF - The big one. I still think where we finish this season could depend on us getting this right. Serdar Dursun is a name that keeps coming up on the rumour mill and 9 goals in 13 games in 2.Bundesliga this season is pretty impressive. Bringing in strikers from abroad can be pretty 'hit and miss' though (although we've done pretty well with the 2 or 3 European signings in the past that spring to mind). For EFL experience, I'd also add Cauley Woodrow and Lukas Jutkiewicz to the list of players I'd be keeping an eye on... purely because I think they could fit into our team well.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I’m sure he would be delighted to play and join the fight. But he became 5th choice centre back. I think he is just being pragmatic. 

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

From a foreign country no family with him in a covid world where you can’t go and do anything and not likely to get a game currently what do people expect?

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

From a foreign country no family with him in a covid world where you can’t go and do anything and not likely to get a game currently what do people expect?

I'd expect a professional sportsman to have a little more fight and determination in him. Seems likes he's just given up on any hope of getting into the team. As I said originally, if he's been told he's unlikely to break through then I have no problem with him sorting his future elsewhere. Just a little disappointed if he's decided that on his own. 

dan Crowley - birmingham - jozwiak type

A report from Birmingham Live suggests that Birmingham City’s Dan Crowley is ‘surplus to requirements’ at St Andrew’s.

The 23-year-old has featured just three times in the Championship this season and once in the EFL Cup, amounting to 169 minutes of football under Aitor Karanka.

https://the72.co.uk/210540/dan-crowley-deemed-to-be-unwanted-by-birmingham-city-ahead-of-january-transfer-window/

On 27/12/2020 at 23:46, YouRams said:

He’d be my CAM/#10 in a Mac like 433 with Knight and Bielik behind him, Jozwiak one side Ibe the other and big Dursun up top, goals everywhere. 

Very Mac like but nothing like Macs system which didn’t have a 10. Just two box to box 8s running beyond the striker... 

just as a final point Mac has Vydra and couldn’t play him due to having to Shoehorn him into his 433 on the left wing. He didn’t play well there either. 

13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

208F2BB3-DE6E-46A1-87DB-E70756F24B9F.thumb.jpeg.2bcf9da95ce77141fcaa346ab8297a97.jpegD936867E-EC17-45A6-A6C9-E9A6DEBC51C3.thumb.jpeg.0c974287f97b812e8110bddc802c1855.jpeg

Rooney wants a few players so minimum of three and probably maximum of four or five. He has a list of players he would like on loan and a list of potential permanent signings. Some players may be on both lists To me this would suggest that Wayne has already contacted the Clubs to register interest in the potential loan signings and may have a ball park figure for cost of individual potential permanent signings. He will also have a rough idea of the overall potential budget with and without takeover. My guess would be £10 million max including potential loan fees and transfer fees incoming. He said hopefully. Relegation is very expensive so speculate to accumulate may apply. Wayne had said that after these Xmas games he may set a target of where he hopes to finish in the league. Would have looked so much better with a draw on last Saturday and wins against Wycombe and Coventry, both of which are no pushover.

Archived