How do you get out of a spiral like this?

Eatonram

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that we are in a very precarious position. Obviously no manager is going to accept the job until the takeover is sorted - actually Billy Davies would for pay off, but no one else.

At this point we're more likely to go down than not. A new manager could turn it around and a brilliant run could even see us scrape 6th place. The problem is that many managers will now not want to risk their reputations. I still think we could attract a quality manager, but with each defeat the field narrows. 

As I've mentioned before, stability is a very nice concept, but there is nothing more dangerous than sticking with the wrong manager.

13 minutes ago, Spanish said:

@Roymacwe agree on a lot but not on Mac 

4 words Derby 0 reading 3

Derby County conceded 23 goals in their final 13 Championship matches, in which their only wins came against relegated sides Wigan Athletic and Blackpool. The Rams earned just 12 points out of a possible 39 since beating Charlton Athletic in February.

Just to refresh the memory, great coach poor manager

Sorry wrong name @RoyMac5

44 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Step 1 is sack the manager and coaching staff. Step 2....not so sure. Lets get right on with step 1.

Step 1. Change the style of play, we have the International break to train with new tactics/style of play.

Step 2. If the Manager/coaches don't want to change, then change them (i.e get them to resign or fire them).

Step 3. Appoint a new Manager and Coaches.

Step 4. Climb the table and stay out the bottom 3

Step 5. Go for Promotion next season

19 minutes ago, Spanish said:

@Roymacwe agree on a lot but not on Mac 

4 words Derby 0 reading 3

Derby County conceded 23 goals in their final 13 Championship matches, in which their only wins came against relegated sides Wigan Athletic and Blackpool. The Rams earned just 12 points out of a possible 39 since beating Charlton Athletic in February.

Just to refresh the memory, great coach poor manager

How long did he get to put it right? You know all the crap quoted about giving a manager time and resources?

I keep thinking back to when Sheffield Wednesday were given the 12 points deduction and we were still worried that we may get the same the more positive posters on here were telling us that even starting on -12 we wouldn’t be in a relegation scrap I think even the happiest of clappers must be getting a bit worried now even without the points deduction.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How long did he get to put it right? You know all the crap quoted about giving a manager time and resources?

Who knows not particularly interested in trying options that have failed.  Do we get cocu back in 2 years when the next lot fails?  As I say we agree on a lot not on this one though

3 minutes ago, rustylee said:

I keep thinking back to when Sheffield Wednesday were given the 12 points deduction and we were still worried that we may get the same the more positive posters on here were telling us that even starting on -12 we wouldn’t be in a relegation scrap I think even the happiest of clappers must be getting a bit worried now even without the points deduction.

Not true, som said it would represent a worthwhile challenge, good grief they must be hiding somewhere

48 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

We will deffo be relegated , you cant change confidence and a losing mentality just like that

Not true, Southampton got battered 9-0 at home by Leicester last season and were bottom. Many were convinced their heads had gone yet they turned it around and stayed up easily in the end even without changing the manager.

But I feel with our situation a change of manager is needed as everything seems to be wrong with the current regime. We have the bones of a decent team, a proper manager who knows what they're doing will sort it out.

23 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Who knows not particularly interested in trying options that have failed.  Do we get cocu back in 2 years when the next lot fails?  As I say we agree on a lot not on this one though

You have to have half succeeded to get a Mac type recall,Cocu has been poo throughout so it's a no on that front.

Archived