How do you get out of a spiral like this?

Eatonram

I've been watching the Rams a long time....a very long time. Not sure I've ever seen such a collapse in form, confidence and work rate as we are currently witnessing. Not sure how this happened and I'm even less sure how to get out of it. I suppose the obvious thing would be to bring in a manager that demands work rate a la Bielsa. All championship managers seem now to recognise that this is the foundation of success in the Championship, you would think it was obvious but I've thought under successive managers, Derby's players do not match the work rate of their opponents and somehow feel a "superior" ability will somehow win through. We also now seriously have to question whether in terms of ability it is in anyway "superior" in any case?

I think of a few performances last year like Stoke at home and Blackburn where we looked decent...........where has it gone? Was Martin really so pivotal?

Anyway, it is clear now (and this is the first time I've said this) that  we must have a change of manager, if for no other reason, to be a catalyst for change on the pitch....we are in a downward spiral that has to be addressed.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, this is an absolutely dreadful position we find ourselves in. 
Many different factors are in play as you’ve mentioned Fitness, Ability, Tactics, Leadership (both on and off the field), Trust in the management, Trust in each other etc etc. We seem ok in parts but once we concede in any game the rear end falls out of the squad. 
This isn’t the Derby way, show use some commitment, show us some passion, show us some desire, show us some leadership, show us some tactical awareness (both before and during the game) SHOW US SOMETHING!!!

I personally found myself (even after the QPR match) conflicted in my opinion of PC and his coaching staff as well as a select few of the playing staff. I now find it impossible to be anything other than needing Phillip Cocu to resign from his position.

The time has come where his position at OUR club is now absolutely untenable. 
Sad times but that’s where we find ourselves 

24 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I've been watching the Rams a long time....a very long time. Not sure I've ever seen such a collapse in form, confidence and work rate as we are currently witnessing. Not sure how this happened and I'm even less sure how to get out of it. I suppose the obvious thing would be to bring in a manager that demands work rate a la Bielsa. All championship managers seem now to recognise that this is the foundation of success in the Championship, you would think it was obvious but I've thought under successive managers, Derby's players do not match the work rate of their opponents and somehow feel a "superior" ability will somehow win through. We also now seriously have to question whether in terms of ability it is in anyway "superior" in any case?

I think of a few performances last year like Stoke at home and Blackburn where we looked decent...........where has it gone? Was Martin really so pivotal?

Anyway, it is clear now (and this is the first time I've said this) that  we must have a change of manager, if for no other reason, to be a catalyst for change on the pitch....we are in a downward spiral that has to be addressed.

I honestly don’t know the answer. I am not sure how good this squad is. I think we have to change the Manager but he will have a massive job on his hands. I agree in that when Cocu goes Wazza should go with him.....

Get wassall in... instil some much needed back to basics 

Fitness, energy, tempo, put them under pressure, get bodies in and around their box , put balls into the box

its basics in football that nine times out of ten get u where u want to be 

Cocu has taken us off on a tangent from that, and ok fair play to him Cos if it had worked we’d be ducking loving it 

but it’s so not working so it’s time to go 

11 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I agree, this is an absolutely dreadful position we find ourselves in. 
Many different factors are in play as you’ve mentioned Fitness, Ability, Tactics, Leadership (both on and off the field), Trust in the management, Trust in each other etc etc. We seem ok in parts but once we concede in any game the rear end falls out of the squad. 
This isn’t the Derby way, show use some commitment, show us some passion, show us some desire, show us some leadership, show us some tactical awareness (both before and during the game) SHOW US SOMETHING!!!

I personally found myself (even after the QPR match) conflicted in my opinion of PC and his coaching staff as well as a select few of the playing staff. I now find it impossible to be anything other than needing Phillip Cocu to resign from his position.

The time has come where his position at OUR club is now absolutely untenable. 
Sad times but that’s where we find ourselves 

I have backed Cocu all along and really wanted it to work but today is the final straw if Barnsley were more clinical on the break they could of scored 5. We look shot to pieces and we have no idea where the next goal is coming from. Rooney is becoming a major problem both off and on the pitch as at the moment he doesn’t deserve a place in the team but he’s not on his own. We need a strong manager who knows the league and can handle Rooney and our young players at the same time as they need guidence.

What you all seem to be missing is Mels dilemma if he sacks him now he has to pay compenstaion out of his pocket , wait for the takeover and they pay it . But its getting so obvious now and the pressure is building i think mel is going to have to pick up the tab and get him gone for the good of the club . 

Has anyone started to get itchy bum time over  whether the new people want a league 1 club as make no mistake whatsover thats where we are going . 

I have resigned myself to league 1 and starting again with a fat sheik in play . 

God forbid now that they pull out as we will be in one hell of a hole if they do . 

Archived