Electric Vehicles

therealhantsram

looking at changing mine soon - considering a used Golf 1.4 TSI GTE Advance DSG. A petrol/plug in elec hybrid. Performance looks great 204 bhp 0-60 of 7.6 sec with a Co2 of 40g/km

20 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Told you it was stupid.

why won't it work for a fully EV though?

It does to be honest, but not as noticeable from my experience.

Saying that, with an 8 mile journey into work I actually gain a couple of miles of charge due to most of it being down hill.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It does to be honest, but not as noticeable from my experience.

Saying that, with an 8 mile journey into work I actually gain a couple of miles of charge due to most of it being down hill.

Uphill on the way home tho, Shirley?

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Should we send a search party out?

lol, sorry work got in the way. Took it for a quick spin, wow it's very quick. Off the mark I would guess quicker than my Porsches and AMG and BMW M editions, probably up to 30 mph, I would assume then those cars are quicker. I read the e-niro is sub 7 seconds 0-60 which it certainly feels like, as there is no lag, or gears etc. Car came nearly fully charged with 274 miles range on it, seems good ride quality and responsive. Driving position is going to take a little getting used to as I am higher than I have ever been, buts because of my previous cars. Looks good inside and out, comes with loads of kit, just need to read manual that I have downloaded all 564 bloody pages of it lol. The drive is both incredibly smooth and QUITE 

• 3 months later...

I can 100% recommend the Kia E-Niro. We move into a new home next week and after some work being done on it I will be getting a home charger. At present I call in at Instavolt at Junction 29 of M1 and it costs about £16 from memory to charge to 80% - I get about 270 miles range. When I charge at home It will be approx £8 or £9 to charge to 80% from 15-20% 

The car is deceptively quick, quite, so Smooth and fully kitted, genuinely Its a great car, no downsides

3 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I can 100% recommend the Kia E-Niro. We move into a new home next week and after some work being done on it I will be getting a home charger. At present I call in at Instavolt at Junction 29 of M1 and it costs about £16 from memory to charge to 80% - I get about 270 miles range. When I charge at home It will be approx £8 or £9 to charge to 80% from 15-20% 

The car is deceptively quick, quite, so Smooth and fully kitted, genuinely Its a great car, no downsides

Would you ever consider charging to 100%?

• 1 month later...
On 03/11/2020 at 13:52, Wolfie said:

Mrs Wolfie has a Toyota CH-R Hybrid (self charging), which we really like.

I find that when I drive it, I compete with myself how long I can have it running on electric (when you accelerate anything other than gently, the engine kicks in again). Small boot and I wouldn't call it fast, exactly, but it is still a lot of fun to drive on a bendy road.

We'll be swapping it middle of next year and are seriously considering going full EV next time - current favourite is the Hyundai Kona EV. the new ones are quick and with a 280 mile range.

Full EV's are expesnsive to buy but will hold their value well, as they get more popular in years to some.

In the end my wife chose the CHR. Very nice car. It's a toe in the water with hybrid / electric vehicle for us. Good to have the petrol for longer journeys.

So far it's only been used on the school run. Getting 50 to 60 mpg though on a 5 mile round trip is impressive. Thats more than double what my wife's old car did on the same journey. 

9 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

So far it's only been used on the school run. Getting 50 to 60 mpg though on a 5 mile round trip is impressive. Thats more than double what my wife's old car did on the same journey. 

I've had a Toyota Rav4 Hybrid for 18 months and it is an excellent motor.

I've travelled to London and Suffolk several times over that time, and my get an average of 55 mpg, and my best on a short trip to the Peak District (no motorways & just small A-roads, has been 66 mpg.