Abu Derby County

tinman

Imagine for a moment, that this guy comes in ruins a brilliant squad, full of exciting players committed to the club, by signing over priced mercenaries for multi millions. And ‘spaffs’ money up the wall left right and centre so much we are ducked regarding FFP. He then sells the ground to himself!! Wtf?? All the while, the squad is getting worse and worse!! He either sacks managers or can’t hold onto them?? Wtf??

He could do all of that....but as Uncle Mel is from Derby and talks a good game....but has done duck all in terms of positive results, we let him off!

Yet because this guy is from another country which most of us don’t understand other than from poo films (depicting all Arabs - bad Arabs. White man good), we’re all having moral outrage or racist bigotry tantrums and/or a superiority crisis! ducking hell. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel's going to do what is best for him at the end of the day, who wouldnt? Although I am sure he wouldn't sell us down the pan for the sake of it. Who ever is behind the take over will be a gamble, unless they have clear objectives and a wealth of capital . The fact that this take over is From a investment consortium from the middle East ,should relay fears of money being made available. I would be more concerned about their ambitions for the club. Will we become just an asset,or like  leicester and Man cities owner something of a show case to fulfill and flaunt their wealth.

Only time will tell,they could be a willy wonker bar in the football world or the coffee creams found down the sofa from last christmas.?

Re: Matt Hughes article. His strike rate isn’t particularly accurate as last time I checked we haven’t been deducted 21 points.

The EFL are concerned but can’t block the takeover - why can’t they?

Newcastle and Bournemouth are angry with the takeover, that would imply they wanted deals with this guy to go through, why would they be kicking off unless they were bothered about it.

Cocu isn’t on £90k per week. It was well documented at the time he took over we offered Frank £50k per week, Cocu was on £50k per week at Fenerbahce and we basically offered him Frank’s deal. 

Need to trust Mel on this. People are having concerns on no basis other than the natural pessimism with being a Derby, it’s bound to go wrong because it’s us.

Although, I’m absolutely positive we will not be one of the richest clubs in the world or even the country. I’m fairly confident that there is nothing to worry about.

I, and no one else, has any idea of the chairman’s personal wealth and that’s not uncommon. If he was fronting a Mel Morris type take over then it would be much more of a concern, however as the takeover is being done by an established company with many beneficiaries and investors then the wealth of one man (despite being the chairman) becomes less of a concern. They HAVE invested incredibly large sums of money into the infrastructure of a city in Indian, that is not disputed, the fine details are hard to dig up as you can imagine but they pledged $2bn and the down payment was $200m. The work is very much ongoing. 

In order to pass the EFL test you have to show a proof of earnings that can cover the club for up to 2-3 years (I can’t remember which) at their current rate. Mel is going to receive a £60m payment, we’re led to believe, so the views of outside figures doesn’t hold much weight because to get to this point then these things are, of course, ratified. 

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Yeah, they won’t make any money in the championship. 

I think the Oystons made a good go of it, destroying Blackpool in the process.

They'll have a certain amount of 'failure' they'll be willing to bankroll, but how long do you think a group with no previous connection to Derby County, who's multiple failed bids for other clubs show them to be undiscerning of just who exactly it us they take over (I mean we're their 3rd or 4th choice for a UK club already!) will just accept losing money for before they start asset stripping in order to claw something back?

Even Derby fan MM decided about 5 years in that he didn't really want to keep putting in more of his money and has been looking to sell up for a good year or two, and is dealing seemingly with his 3rd choice after Gabay & Dell.

Desperate times.

13 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I think the Oystons made a good go of it, destroying Blackpool in the process.

They'll have a certain amount of 'failure' they'll be willing to bankroll, but how long do you think a group with no previous connection to Derby County, who's multiple failed bids for other clubs show them to be undiscerning of just who exactly it us they take over (I mean we're their 3rd or 4th choice for a UK club already!) will just accept losing money for before they start asset stripping in order to claw something back?

Even Derby fan MM decided about 5 years in that he didn't really want to keep putting in more of his money and has been looking to sell up for a good year or two, and is dealing seemingly with his 3rd choice after Gabay & Dell.

Desperate times.

What assets are there to strip ? 

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Now I will caveat everything I say here with it’s going to be written in a positive light because it’s on his website.

Whether he has money or not that is one impressive CV. Clearly a talented individual heavily involved in economic development of the Middle East and seems to do work for good causes. Not the sort to mess around when it comes to doing business, it seems he has integrity. Not someone who has a dodgy refrigeration business and not someone who would strike me as a fraud or a chancer. Wouldn’t pay any attention to any failed deal with Mike Ashley there has been plenty of them and it’s interesting to see the Geordie fan reactions now.

Ultimately we won’t know until he’s running the club which is as equally scary as it is exciting. People who have been through Maxwell and Three Amigos takeovers are nervous because of what happened. 

Clearly Mel trusts him enough to sell the club to him (no one knows how close he was with Gabay and Dell or even if he was relinquishing whole control with either of those propositions)

Whether he can actually take us forward is one of thing, predicting he will do is over is quite another. He’s into investing around the world, he doesn’t look to have a huge business profile in the UK, if he wants to have business interests here it’s not in his interests to duck us over or duck this up. This is not a three amigos scenario.

Archived