Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

As he is a member of the Abu Derby royal family (as reported by East Mids Today) I wonder who he compares with royalty of England’s glorious past and present:

Prince Charles perhaps?

Prince Andrew?

Henry the eighth?

Richard the turd?

Alfred the Great?

Egbert?

Elizabeth the first?

Well I hope it’s not ethelred the unready ???

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

As he is a member of the Abu Derby royal family (as reported by East Mids Today) I wonder who he compares with royalty of England’s glorious past and present:

"...Brad Pitt, is also a distant relative of the British royals. Brad Pitt would be a cousin of Queen Elizabeth in the 25th degree. "

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Only at Derby County coukd you have a high level takeover and nobody knows who the heck the buyer actually is and what substance they are financially speaking. 

It is strange.

The media claim him to be rich, that we are set to be the richest club and he is an Arab prince, Geordies fans think he is a joker and he couldnt prove his wealth and here we sit waiting for the cheque to clear before we find out.

Crazily enough I think the one media outlet that could actually be closer to the truth this time is probably the Daily Mail with their estimated wealth of 500 million, I expect them to be closer to the truth than the Suns 150 billion that's for sure.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"...Brad Pitt, is also a distant relative of the British royals. Brad Pitt would be a cousin of Queen Elizabeth in the 25th degree. "

Virtually everyone is related to the Queen.  Just look at Hollywood celebs. Brooke Shields 18th cousin, Beyoncé 25th, Johnny Depp 20th, Uma Thurman 21st, George Bush 9th, Jake Gyllenhaal 19th etc etc. Most are also once or twice removed as well

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It is strange.

The media claim him to be rich, that we are set to be the richest club and he is an Arab prince, Geordies fans think he is a joker and he couldnt prove his wealth and here we sit waiting for the cheque to clear before we find out.

Crazily enough I think the one media outlet that could actually be closer to the truth this time is probably the Daily Mail with their estimated wealth of 500 million, I expect them to be closer to the truth than the Suns 150 billion that's for sure.

You would think someone could be definitive though wouldn't you. Where are the proper journalists when you want them? 

17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Only at Derby County coukd you have a high level takeover and nobody knows who the heck the buyer actually is and what substance they are financially speaking. 

Exactly one half thinks he’s rich as other suggest he’s no richer then Mel 

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

I think they will get the club then get serious sponsorship money, there are ways round it, look at villa

Look at what in regards to Villa?  Use parachute payments, then sell the stadium to stay kosher and be royally ducked if we don't go up on our last chance? We can't do the first, we already did the second and i'd rather not do the third.

Watford or Forest or Wolves are examples of how to bypass FFP. Super agent or own another club. Sponsorship deals are also limited - you can't spend £100 mill on sponsoring Pride Park (unless you are one of the "big six" in which case you can do what you want.)

3 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Where the heck do you get he is worth 500mill . That article was referring to mel being worth 500 mill . 

"Current owner Mel Morris is selling to a man valued at close to £500million."

Those were the words in the Daily Mail, it wasnt referring to Mels wealth at all, it was referring to the man Mel was selling to.

Cant believe I'm sticking up for the Daily Mail, absolutel awful paper. But, I honestly think the Sky, Talk Sport and other outlets are reporting we are so rich to attract everyone to the article, it has attracted a lot of attention. But the Daily Mail, who clearly hate us, are just reporting the bare minimum.

11 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Look at what in regards to Villa?  Use parachute payments, then sell the stadium to stay kosher and be royally ducked if we don't go up on our last chance? We can't do the first, we already did the second and i'd rather not do the third.

Watford or Forest or Wolves are examples of how to bypass FFP. Super agent or own another club. Sponsorship deals are also limited - you can't spend £100 mill on sponsoring Pride Park (unless you are one of the "big six" in which case you can do what you want.)

Abu Dhabi Academicals are monitoring Craig Forsyth with a view to a £50 million bid in the transfer window ? 

Archived