• Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not so sure. Their thinking may have been:

- Ashley dicked us around

- we don’t think we owe the lawyers the mone

- anyway their fee is ridiculous  just ridiculous

- we won’t be intimidated by the lawyers’ threats of litigation 

- they can sue us in the U.K. if they want. We don’t care. We have no assets here. We’re not going to piss even more money into lawyers’ pockets trying to defend it  

- if they want then to try to enforce their judgement in UAE good luck to them. We have friends in high places 

And so far as DCFC is concerned, our purchaser is Derventio not BZG so it doesn’t directly affect us. 

Good on em it’s a shame more people don’t stand up to these arrogant big law firms 

image.png

2 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

£500k high court judgment for lawyers bills.

Derby players unpaid as at 11 Jan 21 despite a commitment by Derventio that they would be paid end of Dec.

Not sure the lawyers bill is a lack of cash. I understood there to be an ongoing dispute as to the validity of the invoices for 500k. I believe Bin Zayed group deem the lawyers to have  ot done their job sufficiently otherwise they would have reached agreement on the purchase.  That's as I understand it anyway.

For all the people that say the new owners are dodgy etc, what evidence is there to actually support this?

From what I can see the Liverpool deal was too expensive and Ashley changed the value for Newcastle. 

They have been in negotiations since May, what benefit would it be to waste all this time and money with lawyers etc? 

The time this has taken - for me this doesn't suggest they're dodgy, it shows on both sides they're taking their time to get everything right, why is that a bad thing?

Having a poor website - cant believe people use this as something against the new owners. Its not stopped them making mega money and investing mega money in other projects.

Not paying the 500k to the lawyers in the Newcastle deal - pretty sure that is an ongoimg dispute. But would you pay a bill you deem unfair or over priced without fighting it? So why should they? You dont get rich by just throwing away cash.

The lack of payment to the players - is there actually any evidence this is Derventio's fault? They are reported to have sent the money, if they have proven that to the club then the hold up could be with the lawyers?

Anyway, I could be wrong and they could end up not taking over or taking over and being like Fawaz, but for now I see no evidence of them being dodgy. So why dismiss them before they even take over.

Not particularly earth shattering but a UAE perspective from a couple of years ago when they were looking at Newcastle. 

Main interesting points are the level of complexity in the Royal families but also the level of secrecy in their business dealings. 

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/05/bin-zayed-group-have-potential-to-be-the-best-thing-to-ever-happen-to-newcastle-united-takeover/

39 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

For all the people that say the new owners are dodgy etc, what evidence is there to actually support this?

From what I can see the Liverpool deal was too expensive and Ashley changed the value for Newcastle. 

They have been in negotiations since May, what benefit would it be to waste all this time and money with lawyers etc? 

The time this has taken - for me this doesn't suggest they're dodgy, it shows on both sides they're taking their time to get everything right, why is that a bad thing?

Having a poor website - cant believe people use this as something against the new owners. Its not stopped them making mega money and investing mega money in other projects.

Not paying the 500k to the lawyers in the Newcastle deal - pretty sure that is an ongoimg dispute. But would you pay a bill you deem unfair or over priced without fighting it? So why should they? You dont get rich by just throwing away cash.

The lack of payment to the players - is there actually any evidence this is Derventio's fault? They are reported to have sent the money, if they have proven that to the club then the hold up could be with the lawyers?

Anyway, I could be wrong and they could end up not taking over or taking over and being like Fawaz, but for now I see no evidence of them being dodgy. So why dismiss them before they even take over.

The trouble is no one really knows.

For instance, having a poor website doesn't stop them making mega money, or investing mega money in projects, but I've not seen any hard evidence of either.

The 500k isn't an ongoing dispute, they have a firm ruling in the English courts that they do indeed owe that money.

We'll just have to wait and see.

16 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Not particularly earth shattering but a UAE perspective from a couple of years ago when they were looking at Newcastle. 

Main interesting points are the level of complexity in the Royal families but also the level of secrecy in their business dealings. 

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/05/bin-zayed-group-have-potential-to-be-the-best-thing-to-ever-happen-to-newcastle-united-takeover/

Amusing paragraph at the end:

"I am happy to admit that I have been in touch with Midhat Kidwai (Managing Director of the Bin Zayed Group) via WhatsApp since the start of the week, and although he has not given me any information that has not been included in Bin Zayed Group official statements, it is very much the case that this is real.

The only way this could not be real is if we dive very very deep into conspiracy theory territory and suggest that, due to some link that we do not know about between Ashley and KBZ, they have colluded together to create a mythical takeover in order to divert attention away from transfers/Rafa. That is an incredibly far stretch which has no evidence to support it."

18 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

this is a great post and the link is well worth following

It raises IMPORTANT ISSUES for our club. Our fans, notably those busy on twitter, have the idea they are entitled to information from the club that is confidential. MM was pretty accommodating but still people were not and are not satisfied.

We may soon have owners whose culture is very different and who expect secrecy in their business dealings. Fans will need to respect this, certainly in the early days before a relationship is established. I hope Steve Nicholson, Owen and the rest of our fine local media are able to persuade fans to be patient and tolerant.  We are used to slinging insults around very publicly. People in other parts of the world are not and we could do great damage to our club if we do not show respect. 

No doubt the club are all over this but if they're well advised they'll get even more over it ?  

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It raises IMPORTANT ISSUES for our club. Our fans, notably those busy on twitter, have the idea they are entitled to information from the club that is confidential. MM was pretty accommodating but still people were not and are not satisfied.

We may soon have owners whose culture is very different and who expect secrecy in their business dealings. Fans will need to respect this, certainly in the early days before a relationship is established. I hope Steve Nicholson, Owen and the rest of our fine local media are able to persuade fans to be patient and tolerant.  We are used to slinging insults around very publicly. People in other parts of the world are not and we could do great damage to our club if we do not show respect. 

No doubt the club are all over this but if they're well advised they'll get even more over it ?  

In other words, bend over and take it, no matter how they conduct themselves?

Load us with their debt to complete the takeover, so what?

Change the name to Derby Tigers, none of our business?

24 minutes ago, Rev said:

The 500k isn't an ongoing dispute, they have a firm ruling in the English courts that they do indeed owe that money.

but Rev do we have the information to be able to make a judgement on this ?    BZG might quite reasonably have decided to let the lawyers get that court ruling, not least to save further legal costs.   They are in UAE -  they don't necessarily give a monkeys about English court rulings.  There's no suggestion on line that I can see that the court application was even challenged        

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

In other words, bend over and take it, no matter how they conduct themselves?

Load us with their debt to complete the takeover, so what?

Change the name to Derby Tigers, none of our business?

come on that is not what I said    It's not even what I was talking about 

55 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hang on, we pay our money to be fans of the club, they have to earn our respect fella. 

Archived