Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd say two failed club takeovers on their CV and the fact the people involved are tied up in a high court legal battle is evidence. 

They might well be fine and turn out to be wonderful owners, but I totally understand why a lot of Derby fans are sceptical and concerned. 

I agree it fair and reasonable to be wary and sceptical but I think some of the language and assumptions are a little over the top at this stage.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree it fair and reasonable to be wary and sceptical but I think some of the language and assumptions are a little over the top at this stage.

I think you've just won the "understatement of the year" award....

I personally find the delay of interest, having been involved in various takeovers/acquisitions of companies (albeit not in this sector) then the delays are generally down to financial reasons, not always but usually. 

The legalities and frameworks are normally resolved (after what can be interminable changes and alterations) once it gets to final contract signing and common last minutes issues usually revolve around last minute price increases/decreases not agreed or funds not being forthcoming.

As I say these are only my experiences, make of them what you like.

9 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Aye good point. I thought Derventio was owned by BZG but actually it seems to be owned by another Derventio registered in Gibraltar!

Ain't modern business grand!

I have no idea how relevant it is, but most briefings these days mention BZI (Bin Zayed International), not BZG

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Ok. But tens of people on this forum and hundreds on Twitter have jumped to the conclusion that these guys will not be good owners of the club. On NO evidence. We need to be patient, take the rough with the smooth and we need to understand we don’t have an entitlement to confidential information 

Yeah I get that but there entitled to have that opinion, and it isn’t for us to pander to them. They have to earn our respect. I wouldn’t say there’s no evidence either, our players haven’t been paid yet because they said they were buying the club prior to the jan pay day, not exactly a great start. 
I’m not slaying them before they’ve started but don’t tell people to worship them in case we upset them. 

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Everyone has my respect... until they "Dis-earn" it.  Is that the same thing?  

I mean the guy I was replying to wanted us to worship them by the sounds of it, and not air opinions in case we upset them. 
I’ll take them as they come, if they come in and improve the club great, if they come in and do a hull city and waz everyone off I’ll not be happy. 
I can see why a lot of people have their reservations their record so far is very poor. Hopefully they’re determined to change that. 

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd say two failed club takeovers on their CV and the fact the people involved are tied up in a high court legal battle is evidence. 

They might well be fine and turn out to be wonderful owners, but I totally understand why a lot of Derby fans are sceptical and concerned. 

Are they actual failed takeovers through their fault though, that's the question. The 2 billion takeover of Liverpool was just an offer which was refused and never went any further.

The Newcastle takeover was down to Ashley upping the price at the last min a few times. Anyone would pull the plug if the seller was being like that and stands to reason why they are not paying the legal bills (Ashleys Lawyers).

I agree with you, they may be the making of this club or they could be a disaster, we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully the former and like every manager or player that comes to our club i'll give them my full support until i feel they don't deserve it.

Let's wait and see, we potentially could be in for the ride of our lives with Derby.

What do some folks want, the critisize MM, he finds a prospective  buyer in BZI and then critisize them, there isn't a que forming as I can see.

We have to wait see what the BZI group can bring, like a previous poster said it could be the making or like other say it could be like Fawaz, make of it what get behind them not judge them already, yes wages being paid don't look good but none of us know what's going on. 

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

I mean the guy I was replying to wanted us to worship them by the sounds of it, and not air opinions in case we upset them. 

I think it was me. That was not really my meaning. I was more saying what @Mucker1884was saying, ie we should not judge them without having evidence. This is a new thing for them and we have to expect they will not get everything right early doors.  We can express opinions of course if we think they make mistakes. Sure.  But we shouldn’t over-react or make sweeping judgements too soon. It’s a long-game 

This is from an article in the Chronicle........6th Nov 2020 interesting I thought.

Meeting Midhat Kidwai - months on from takeover talk

Since the last column I was fortunate enough to meet personally with Midhat Kidwai of the Bin Zayed Group here (and not over Whatsapp, before some fans ask!) at his downtown Dubai offices.

HH Sheikh Khalid bin Zayed Al Nahyan (L), speaking at a workshop held by the Dubai Economic Council (Randi Sokoloff for The National) (Image: Randi Sokoloff for The National)

Much of what was said has to remain confidential for obvious reasons (NDAs and confidentiality clauses) but I believe their interest to have been totally genuine and their plans for the future would have been exciting and way beyond anything that Ashley or some of the other possible buyers of Newcastle been capable of delivering (in this respect I dismiss the Peter Kenyon led bid as this is clearly about creating a return for the private equity investors and little value for the club).

Bin Zayed spent a lot of time and effort preparing a bid that they believed would be acceptable to Mike Ashley and were deeply disappointed that it could not be progressed. Why the bid ultimately was not successful I believe to be down to a number of factors but the main factor, as always, has been the attitude of the owner to negotiating a deal. As far as they're concerned, they have not gone anywhere.

Ashley, of course, may have a different opinion which he expressed in his Daily Mail interview but I can just reflect my own opinion on this matter. A clash of cultures would also have been a factor but with the right support I think this could have been overcome.

So where does that leave us? Ashley being replaced by a more proactive owner that has a holistic approach to football ownership would be the ideal situation.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Presume that's why they set up a new company in Derventio?

They set up a special company to buy Newcastle - Monochrome Acquisitions Ltd - and they have done the same here. That wouldn’t be because of the court judgement I don’t think. It would be for lots of other reasons including that they might be trying to find minority investors who would invest into that company (or maybe into the Gibraltar holding company).
There has been talk in the press about a consortium and personally I think it would be really encouraging if -like city - we have a minority investor from Asia. 

3 minutes ago, falconram said:

What do some folks want, the critisize MM, he finds a prospective  buyer in BZI and then critisize them, there isn't a que forming as I can see.

We have to wait see what the BZI group can bring, like a previous poster said it could be the making or like other say it could be like Fawaz, make of it what get behind them not judge them already, yes wages being paid don't look good but none of us know what's going on. 

Frankly, some of the hateful anti-MM comments that have appeared on both social media and on here are absolutely shameful - I thought we, as Derby fans, were better than that. Happy enough to accept free scarves, flags, transport to Old Trafford, pies etc. though' However, remembering some of the awful stuff  that was also posted about Lionel Pickering, maybe I shouldn't be surprised. As for already pre-judging the new owners about whom none of you know anything about, therefore they have to be suspect, right?

This forum used to be a really positive platform, it's degenerated into a whingeathon for the self-entitled. 

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

Are they actual failed takeovers through their fault though, that's the question. The 2 billion takeover of Liverpool was just an offer which was refused and never went any further.

The Newcastle takeover was down to Ashley upping the price at the last min a few times. Anyone would pull the plug if the seller was being like that and stands to reason why they are not paying the legal bills (Ashleys Lawyers).

I agree with you, they may be the making of this club or they could be a disaster, we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully the former and like every manager or player that comes to our club i'll give them my full support until i feel they don't deserve it.

Let's wait and see, we potentially could be in for the ride of our lives with Derby.

We never do it the easy way that's for sure!

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

it’s a civil not a criminal order and it’s against the company not the directors. So I don’t think there’s a risk of that 

I could be wrong but as I understand it this has never entered court. So no real judgement to the guilt of BZG can be made!

They may be guilty, likewise they may have a good defence. 

Archived