Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I don't think it would be a tourist hotspot for LGBY folk Roy. I still don't understand your point. Why not just say what you think?

I've said what I think. I'm not sure how much we can 'intervene' in another countries culture. Also in the small amount of googling I did there seemed to be lots of sites talking about gay tourism to Dubai. Ask them why.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

According to this, his personal wealth is estimated at £15 billion, second richest Sheikh in the world; 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sheenservices.com/news/7-of-the-richest-sheikhs-in-the-world/amp/

He is not Khalifa. That is the head of the family.

Khaled is a distant cousin, he has no business interests with that side of the family.

15 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Not at all, you don’t bid £2 billion for Liverpool it you can’t back it up 

There was never a concrete offer for them and he was asked proof of funds for Newcastle bid & couldn’t do it, so it fell through.

I am skeptical about his wealth, I will be more than happy if somebody changes my mind though.

7 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm 21 and still abit sceptical, I'd give it a chance but wouldn't want us to loose our identity and sell ourselves out to potentially dodgy owners. I'd love to see us build a team that could storm the league but it could also be a Hull situation where they try and change the name and end up screwing the club over. 

Would we take The Derby Rams FC and European football? 

29 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I’ve heard from a few separate people, the same very sad reason behind all this that may come out soon, or well will if it’s true it will! Either way it seems good for Derby County from footballing point of view.  

Hope it’s nothing bad

Putting to one side the none footballs thorny issues that seem to be topical, the question I (and many) of the other folks want answered is the “does this really help us due to ffp”.

Can we put our collective brain power into answering this cause if it doesn’t we are not going to anything different on that green rectangly thing wether it’s Shake n Stevens or Jeff Bezos chucking chink around.

48 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You've lost me Roy. I'm saying I can't get past their record on LGBT, though I haven't perhaps phrased it as well as I could. That's what I meant when I said I couldn't reconcile with it. I think I was kidding myself that I'd be ok with it. 

I absolutely understand it from a commercial perspective and it would very likely propel into the Premiership were it to happen, but I'm left asking does the end justify the means. It's almost impossible to argue that it does, in my mind at least. I've come full circle in the space of an hour.

It is really difficult but it may not even happen if efl have to approve unless they want rid of Mel. Either way as usual what us people think will not matter in the scheme of things

16 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Are you saying that because for some folk, their treatment in the UAE is not an issue, that it should not be an issue for anyone, because that makes no sense I'm afraid.

No, not at all. I'm saying your viewpoint isn't the only one and it's not as straightforward as you paint it to be.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've said what I think. I'm not sure how much we can 'intervene' in another countries culture. Also in the small amount of googling I did there seemed to be lots of sites talking about gay tourism to Dubai. Ask them why.

Depends if you believe in the concept of human rights or not. 

7 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Putting to one side the none footballs thorny issues that seem to be topical, the question I (and many) of the other folks want answered is the “does this really help us due to ffp”.

Can we put our collective brain power into answering this cause if it doesn’t we are not going to anything different on that green rectangly thing wether it’s Shake n Stevens or Jeff Bezos chucking chink around.

It does if he buys the stadium for £500m, prices have gone up recently.

This has developed into lots of chat into morality etc and whilst other countries are and are not as tolerant as the UK in certain respects it doesn’t mean they are not correct especially when you look at the behaviours of some of our population which are nothing short of an embarrassment 

Yes this guy may be a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family but where on the family pecking order does he sit? The head of the family may spread some of the wealth to every family member and to us mere mortals, that sum will appear huge. So while the money available to our potential buyer may look vast, has he actually got the financial capital behind him, that will let him spend tens of millions of pounds on a football club

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is all still pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking!

Cocu isn't winning games. He can't even implement his own preferred 4-3-3. The youth aren't progressing as well as it seemed or is he just not playing as many?

As for a foundation, we'd still be in the Championship and would be having to sell our talent to survive.

Unmitigated?

Well you can imagine my surprise to find out you disagree with a pro-Cocu rhetoric... no-one saw that coming! ?

''The youth aren't progressing as well as it seemed''... what? We spent half of last season with 5/11 first teamers being academy prospects and then making a tidy profit on 2 fullbacks (who we've now improved upon for a grand total of £200k). Still in the side we have Knight, Bird, Buchanan, Sibley and Whittaker featuring regularly with Solomon, Ebosele, Brown, Ibrahim, JML, Shonibare, and JHI all having seen first team action.

But yeah, 15 academy players getting first team minutes (with 5 already championship-standard) in 2 seasons isn't ''progressing as well as it seemed''?!?

Archived