Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment it would be good to think we are not about to go bust as I have been starting to get very concerned just lately with all the loans flying around. Anything else would be a bonus. And people saying about death penalty would presumably not accept a free holiday to New York, California or Florida? 

let's be real in the current climate of football this is a life line. 

if they do use man City as a model then it can only be good. we have in time a world class team amazing young players look at Foden. 

let's not forget the money they put in the city. 

massive yes from me 

1 hour ago, BobdeBilder said:

Executions in 2020 to date (last updated on October 28, 2020)

0. [11]

Executions in 2019

0. [12]

Executions in 2018

0. [13]

Executions in 2017

1. [14]

Executions in 2016

0. [15]

Executions in 2015

1. [16]

Executions in 2014

1. [17]

Executions in 2013

0. [18]

Executions in 2012

1. [19]

Executions in 2011

1. [20]

Executions in 2010

0. [21]

Executions in 2009

0. [22]

Executions in 2008

1. [23]

Executions in 2007

0. [24]

Year of Last Known Execution

2017. [25]

Categories of Offenders Excluded From the Death Penalty:

Individuals Below Age 18 At Time of Crime.
We did not find a translation of Article 10(1) of the Juvenile Delinquents and Displaced Persons Act No. 9 of 1976, but it reportedly excludes those under the age of 18 from the death penalty. [67] Additionally, the UAE is party to the Convention on the Rights of the Child, [68] which prohibits such executions, and of the Arab Charter on Human Rights, which prohibits such executions unless they are enabled by law. [69] There may be some ambiguity as to this legal exclusion in cases involving religiously stipulated or retributive penalties. [70] Although Shari’a law clearly excludes youthful offenders from execution, there might not be a modern bright line standard under Shari’a law [71] (except that set by the Arab Charter). As of 2010 three individuals were reportedly held under sentence of death for offenses committed while under the age of 18. [72]

Not very prolific are they ? Barely averaging 1 execution per season. We are made for each other.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Do people genuinely think this is going to happen....? 
why would you buy Derby and not any of the other teams in the championship or any in the top division?? 

dunno, why did Abramovich choose Chelsea or Mansour choose city or the match fixing drug dealer choose forest?

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You've lost me Roy. I'm saying I can't get past their record on LGBT, though I haven't perhaps phrased it as well as I could. That's what I meant when I said I couldn't reconcile with it. I think I was kidding myself that I'd be ok with it. 

I absolutely understand it from a commercial perspective and it would very likely propel into the Premiership were it to happen, but I'm left asking does the end justify the means. It's almost impossible to argue that it does, in my mind at least. I've come full circle in the space of an hour.

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You've lost me Roy. I'm saying I can't get past their record on LGBT,

From what I can tell from googling, plenty of LGBTQ+ (some letters etc may be missing!) folk are happy to travel to Dubai. What does that tell us?

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

why would you buy Derby and not any of the other teams in the championship or any in the top division?? 

If Percy is tweeting it, it’s happening. 

He doesn’t tweet about us unless it’s gospel - I.e from Mel / Pearce

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Well, it certainly looks like they're interested so you never know. Oops Zzzzzz

He may not be in the Sheikh Mansour circle and may not have the same level of wealth but perspective, how much is he buying Derby for? £150m? This bloke tried to buy Liverpool for £2bn!!!!!!! It’s another level to where we’ve been. 

You don’t need your owner to have £200bn+ to be successful and with FFP unfortunately there will be an order to things that will never be broken and therefore the limit of what we can achieve would probably be a Leicester or Wolves. We can’t call on a global fan base.

The key is will he invest in the club, Mike Ashley is a billionaire but doesn’t put his money in. 

Either way, can’t see promotion this season and unless this takeover gives us some wriggle room in FFP (which a few people who probably know more than me are questioning) then short term nothing has changed and it could be a few years before we do anything. He may take the Maranakis approach and we’ll still be years away.

Because of FFP our problems haven’t gone away sadly. This is a tough gig.

But I will pour another glass of red and continue to dream of away days in Barca Milan and Munich 

Archived