11 points

California Ram.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to every single game home and away... there’s something quite liberating knowing you’re going to lose! You actually enjoy the other team playing well. Highlights for me apart from the obvious... beach day at Blackburn, singing we are Derby whist arsenal score and we keep singing, Steve Howard’s goal away to Man U when it came off his arse.

and no it won’t be beaten... we were awful and had that unlucky run over Christmas where we were robbed of points. Sunderland should have the lowest points.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

We were unbeaten against the 'Toon. Woohoo.

I still can't get my head around the fact that it is not they who are labelled "The worst team in history", seeing as how we took 4 out of 6 points off them!

Surely that made them worse than us!   ?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I still remember that Kenny Miller goal.

The ball nestled in the back of the net for about a second before the crowd erupted. 

I think it took everyone by surprise! 

I watched it go in and thought that time was being stretched by my incredulity. Video clip if possible please.

20 hours ago, nick_d said:

I was at the match but went for a pee & missed the goal.

Much like the Setanta Sports (I think it was them) camera man who missed the goal too. The highlight of our season wasn't even caught on camera properly...

11 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Went to every single game home and away... there’s something quite liberating knowing you’re going to lose! You actually enjoy the other team playing well. Highlights for me apart from the obvious... beach day at Blackburn, singing we are Derby whist arsenal score and we keep singing, Steve Howard’s goal away to Man U when it came off his arse.

and no it won’t be beaten... we were awful and had that unlucky run over Christmas where we were robbed of points. Sunderland should have the lowest points.

Who were we still singing Steve Bloomer's Watching when they scored? Early on in the season.

I remember the season so well. All these years on I can just about remember something from every game, certainly every goal we scored. I went to 36 out of the 38 games + all the cup games. Bizarrely, it was arguably my favourite season as a Derby fan - there was no expectation, no moaning... just a collectiveness in our taking the piss. I'll take that over what we have at the moment every day of the week. 

We were unfortunate in a few games, more so earlier on in the season, Fulham away comes to mind where Niemi turned in one of the best performances I can remember from a goalkeeper. He was excellent. A last-minute equaliser from Viduka stopped us doing the double over Newcastle. A few other moments too, otherwise we could well have escaped the 'worst team in history' tag. Nevertheless, it's a season I look back on fondly rather than in disgrace. 

I've always championed that the 'worst team in history' chant should be a staple of the South Stand until someone comes along to break it. Well, that and: 'lets pretend we've scored a goal'. 

A fantastic season that shows me that a good atmosphere and a togetherness means more so than a desire to see winning football week-in, week-out. Why support Derby if you want to see winning football? It's like betting on a rocking horse to win the Grand National. 

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I still can't get my head around the fact that it is not they who are labelled "The worst team in history", seeing as how we took 4 out of 6 points off them!

Surely that made them worse than us!   ?

I remember hearing of our win on the ten o’ clock news and thinking “finally our season begins”

I should have thought “season over!”

13 hours ago, Yani P said:

Jewell came in and at his press conference stated he was preparing the team for life back in the championship..that was in November..as motivational speeches go it was right up there..

Jewell immediately decided he didn’t want anything to do with Billy’s players so sent pretty much all of the promotion winning side packing. 

Savage for Oakley… Tito Villa for Howard… 

17 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

I remember hearing of our win on the ten o’ clock news and thinking “finally our season begins”

I should have thought “season over!”

It was such a great feeling being there, witnessing it first hand, and the post game celebrations were right up there with one my most riotous nights ever!  So much so, the ten o'clock news had nearly finished by the time I got home.  

3 hours ago, Yani P said:

Worst team in history chant should be the go to when we finally get back in the Premier League..

Especially if we hopefully play a bit better. Then we can belt it out if we’re loosing. 

you’re so poo you’re losing to the worst team in history. 

Archived