11 points

California Ram.

Not going to happen.  Best chance we had was Villa who one the first match in 2015 then were right royally shunted for about 14 straight matches.  Even they stabilised enough for 4 or 5 games to get more points. Huddersfield should have got it. No wins in ten. then another run of 4 points from 25 at one point, they magiced up 7 points from 9 at one point however and got 16 points.

We aren't the worst team in history though . 72 league clubs were worse including one down the road who bang about this but were two leagues below at the time

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We aren't the worst team in history though . 72 league clubs were worse including one down the road who bang about this but were two leagues below at the time

Good point, it's like saying another team is the worst team in history, because they are the only european champions, ever, to be relegated to the third tier of their domestic league.

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Good point, it's like saying another team is the worst team in history, because they are the only european champions, ever, to be relegated to the third tier of their domestic league.

Or that they’re the worst team in history because they’ve finished last in the top league more than any other team. 

is and forest really are as poo as each other aren’t we?

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2020 at 11:59, GboroRam said:

Who were we still singing Steve Bloomer's Watching when they scored? Early on in the season.

Birmingham - Cameron Jerome scored. Billy Davies ended the game putting Darren Moore at centre forward and sitting sulking in the bench. It was truly pathetic.

10 hours ago, europia said:

We will finish well clear of the relegation zone, but need to start playing...and winning. 

That’s like democrats 4 years ago saying ‘we’ll win this easy, trumps an idiot.’ (Which also happened in an episode of the Simpson’s now I think about it). But if you’re too busy being pleased with your wealth of talent, that you forget to actually win, then you end up going down. It’s all very well saying we’ll be fine when we start winning, but if we don’t start winning til March, we’re going to be ducked. 

We were awful, but there were mitigating circumstances in that we were carrying historic debt & half of our PL money was assigned to paying it off. Billy's demands for the £60m were unrealistic.  I think Huddersfield have come the closest in recent years with 16pts. It is perhaps possible if a side gains a shock promotion & then simply makes the decision not to mortgage its future.

I'd like to think our record will be taken by another club, but the PL/satellite tv deals saw a fairer distribution of revenue to ensure a more competitive division. La Liga is now the example of a division where you can get sides stranded at the bottom with a low points total (20) due to the big two dominating finances in terms of the allocation of tv money.

It was a terrible season, it was painful although there is a lot to laugh at now in a blackly comic way. One silver lining perhaps was that we managed to avoid a consecutive relegation or to cascade through the divisions, as has happened with quite a few relegated sides like Sunderland, Hull etc.

19 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

And may even better this season. We are on exactly the same number of points after eleven games as we were that season.

We've got 8 more games to play in this season though. Probably won't get 11, but we could still beat the Championship record if this carries on.

13 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

That’s like democrats 4 years ago saying ‘we’ll win this easy, trumps an idiot.’ (Which also happened in an episode of the Simpson’s now I think about it). But if you’re too busy being pleased with your wealth of talent, that you forget to actually win, then you end up going down. It’s all very well saying we’ll be fine when we start winning, but if we don’t start winning til March, we’re going to be ducked. 

Don't disagree with that. I'm not one to see things thru rose tinted spectacles, but I just don't accept that we can continue to be so poor for the remainder of the season.

On 07/11/2020 at 22:35, europia said:

We will finish well clear of the relegation zone, but need to start playing...and winning. 

It’s a huge mess at the moment but there is a team waiting to be glued together. I don’t have a shred of doubt we have the ability in place. Just something in the water that’s killing us. This is vastly different from past groups that just didnt have the skill levels 

meanwhile .. please someone take that effing record off us .. it makes me squirm with embarrassment ?

9 hours ago, jono said:

It’s a huge mess at the moment but there is a team waiting to be glued together. I don’t have a shred of doubt we have the ability in place. Just something in the water that’s killing us. This is vastly different from past groups that just didnt have the skill levels 

meanwhile .. please someone take that effing record off us .. it makes me squirm with embarrassment ?

I do worry that this season we are ‘that team’. There’s always a team that I seem to revel in their struggles. They seem to big to go down, yet it seems a real possibility all season. Last season it was Middlesborough and stoke, the season before that it was stoke. Now we’re that team, everyone’s looking at us, like ‘could Derby really go down?’

those teams always seem to find their quality and just about survive in the end. So I’m sure we will too. But I really hoped we’d be looking a promotion push this season, not a relegation battle.

If it all clicks one day and we storm the league from here on, which the tiny bit of optimism left in me thinks we still could do, but we’d need to show table topping form to just about scrape into 6th, and with every loss, even that dream becomes more distant. 

we’re noticeably adrift now. Need to win 2 just to get out of the relegation zone. 

Archived