Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

2 and 3 were marginal calls for me. Can see why he made both decisions and don't strongly disagree with them. Can understand why he disallowed our goal with Waghorn jumping as if he was getting out the way of the ball.

I'm fine with marginal decisions going either way. It's the continual bad decisions that ruin games. I think he got nearly all of these spot on.

Yeah I can see why the decisions were reached but it doesn't change the fact that he got them both wrong and decisions 2 and 3 showed a lack of consistency in the decision making.

Also, just to add, blocking a player from taking a shot on the edge of the area is criminal. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah I can see why the decisions were reached but it doesn't change the fact that he got them both wrong and decisions 2 and 3 showed a lack of consistency in the decision making.

Also, just to add, blocking a player from taking a shot on the edge of the area is criminal. 

I think there has been enough debate in those 2 decisions to suggest we can't say for sure they are wrong. I think he got them both right unfortunately.

Think I mentioned before that I never saw a replay of the Knight block but it did look bad.

I'm probably defending the ref more than I should be, but when you see people claiming conspiracies and cheating!

You know me anyway, I prefer to support the downtrodden, although I'm surprised to see you criticsing those in power ?

2 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Good comments, think the start of second half we just tried to weather the storm. Forest looked a lot better when Knockaert came on and they changed tactics. 

Maybe, its happened in a number of games this season though and most noticeably against watford and last night.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think there has been enough debate in those 2 decisions to suggest we can't say for sure they are wrong. I think he got them both right unfortunately.

Think I mentioned before that I never saw a replay of the Knight block but it did look bad.

I'm probably defending the ref more than I should be, but when you see people claiming conspiracies and cheating!

You know me anyway, I prefer to support the downtrodden, although I'm surprised to see you criticsing those in power ?

He cant possibly have got them both right or there is a complete contradiction.

If Waghorn was in the line of sight of their keeper than the same must go for their player stood infront of Marshall for their goal, and that is ignoring the foul on Davies.

Agree re conspiracy theory though, I don't think it's even the EFL that appoint the refs is it?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

He cant possibly have got them both right or there is a complete contradiction.

If Waghorn was in the line of sight of their keeper than the same must go for their player stood infront of Marshall for their goal, and that is ignoring the foul on Davies.

Agree re conspiracy theory though, I don't think it's even the EFL that appoint the refs is it?

Their player wasn’t standing in front of Marshall though....

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No and Waghorn wasnt standing infront of Samba...

Was a closer call though, I can see why the linesman flagged although ultimately the wrong decision...theirs should have been ruled out for the push on Curtis, no other reason....

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No and Waghorn wasnt standing infront of Samba...

The thing that was telling for me is that not a single forest player complained. 

The video clearly shows that Waghorn wasn't in the line of sight when the ball was hit and the ref could see that. 

Cocu is usually fairly cool headed and even handed when it comes to these things but today he was rightfully apoplectic. He summed it perfectly with "The ref stole our win".

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Was a closer call though, I can see why the linesman flagged although ultimately the wrong decision...theirs should have been ruled out for the push on Curtis, no other reason....

Their player was literally 3 yards away from Marshall and I would imagine in his peripheral vision.

Agree that it should have not been ruled out for this hence why our goal should also have stood.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Their player was literally 3 yards away from Marshall and I would imagine in his peripheral vision.

Agree that it should have not been ruled out for this hence why our goal should also have stood.

I can’t understand why more isn’t being made of the push on Curtis, blatant foul, forget the other stuff that wasn’t relevant ?

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

The thing that was telling for me is that not a single forest player complained. 

The video clearly shows that Waghorn wasn't in the line of sight when the ball was hit and the ref could see that. 

Cocu is usually fairly cool headed and even handed when it comes to these things but today he was rightfully apoplectic. He summed it perfectly with "The ref stole our win".

The ref stole our goal definitely but not sure about the win.

15 minutes left when we scored and the ending to the game would definitely have played out different if we were winning.

1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

I never liked in the MRA second division that those running the line were either subs from a team or coaches. I scored a header from a free kick. Ref gave it, but the keeper shouted to his mate put the flag up, so he did and goal wiped out. I knew I was onside, they all did!

I currently do the middle in the first and second divisions, and the line in the Premier division (got a line today as it happens). 

I agree that club assistants and the players can be a ball ache, but I think there'd be a lot more moaning without them. 

You just need a strong middle referee to stick to their guns, and go with their gut. 

It's all good fun though! 

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The ref stole our goal definitely but not sure about the win.

15 minutes left when we scored and the ending to the game would definitely have played out different if we were winning.

It's a fair point but personally I think after Holmes was introduced we looked pretty much in control and Forest didn't look like creating much.

Had the goal not been wrongfully disallowed I think we go on to win 9/10 times.

I think the very fact that we feel disappointed not to win that tells you all you need to know. Regardless of offside issues it was an absolute nailed-on foul on Davies for their goal, the guy has a clear handful of his shirt. As for our disallowed effort, let's not overlook what a well worked and taken 'goal' that was. Good close control from Lawrence and layoff to Jozwiak who finished absolutely brilliantly.

There has been a completely understandable concern about the forward options and whether any of them can score enough goals this season but that move perhaps illustrates that if we can get the ball under control in advanced areas then we have plenty of players who can cause damage. So, a nice finish by Joswiak but we know what Lawrence, Sibley and Knight can do in similar areas too and Ibe still to come.

Keep the faith ! ?

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Good team performance, good selection from Cocu, tactics spot on in the first half, started 2nd half a little off it, Cocu changes it, and we get on top again, and should have won, this team will go from strength to strength, to many fans panic to quickly, we will be fine with Cocu, leading us up the table, can see better times coming, still got Bielik, Rooney and Ibe to come into the match day squad, we will be fine. 

This is important as it instils great confidence in a coach.

He was right questioned over the subs at Huddersfield and being unable/slow to react to their change of shape.

Was excellent to see him getting it right last night and its important that can continue...

Best performance of the season by us, but they are shockingly bad. 
As soon as knockhart came on I new we were in trouble, he is a great player for this league and will fire them up the league for sure. 
I think overall a draw was a fair result, we were on top for large portions of the game and then so we they.

On a side note, i can’t stand him but that is the best the Tom Lawrence has played since he joined. 

3 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Good team performance, good selection from Cocu, tactics spot on in the first half, started 2nd half a little off it, Cocu changes it, and we get on top again, and should have won, this team will go from strength to strength, to many fans panic to quickly, we will be fine with Cocu, leading us up the table, can see better times coming, still got Bielik, Rooney and Ibe to come into the match day squad, we will be fine. 

And Ibe scored a corker for the U23s v Southampton check it out if you've not already seen it 

Archived