Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds really Orta known they can't afford him.

It is being reported Leeds United have been 'priced out' of moves to sign Derby County youngster Louie Sibley and Norwich City's Todd Cantwell.

Both players have been linked with Leeds ahead of the transfer window closing at 5pm on Friday.

The Daily Mirror claims Leeds' director of football, Victor Orta, has made an enquiry to Derby about Sibley although DerbyshireLive understands that as of Monday there had been no contact from Leeds.

The Mirror reports that Norwich want at least £20m for Cantwell while Derby value Sibley at around £15m.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leeds-Derby-transfer-louie-sibley-4606073

Well that's a shame...

giphy.gif

So Sibley is staying?

I have to say I am disappointed for Louie.

He deserved a big move to a big club like Leeds.

You have to wonder if his mind will be right moving forward.

Will he now be too preoccupied dreaming about playing on the Elland Road turf instead of focusing on being a false 8 in Cocu’s 3-2-2-2-1 system?

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

So Sibley is staying?

Will he now be too preoccupied dreaming about playing on the Elland Road turf instead of focusing on being a false 8 in Cocu’s 3-2-2-2-1 system?

Are you being serious? ?

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

So Sibley is staying?

ryan howard what GIF

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

So Sibley is staying?

Are you trolling this thread...... honestly can't work out whether you mean this or taking the piss

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

So Sibley is staying?

With Derby fans like this, who needs Forest?

14 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

So Sibley is staying?

Please tell me this is a piss take! 

18 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

So Sibley is staying?

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

So Sibley is staying?

You forgot the joys of showering with Luke Ayling! 

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

With Derby fans like this, who needs Forest?

Please save comments like this for the Cocu and Rooney Out threads where I am actually being serious.

If Sibley is staying, it is great news if true. 

We have held firm and priced a club out of a move for a change.

We have signalled our intention to keep hold of our best players and our future stars.

We get to see more of Sibley in a Derby shirt.

And Louie still gets to watch The Real Housewives every Tuesday night with Birdy and Knighty.

Everyone is a winner.

Glad he is staying would be a bad move to go off this early in his career..get established, keep improving and in 2-3 years if Derby are not in the promised land he will hopefully be worth 3 or 4 times as much as a minimum..too many really young inexperienced players jump too early and it often ends with a stalled or failed career..think he has his head screwed on and is hopefully getting sound long-term advice.

On 13/10/2020 at 10:39, DCFC27 said:

I really like Louie Sibley and I’m not sure here but - 

If we sold Sibley for £10m and brought in Harry Wilson for £10m what would we all think? 

Difficult question because we don’t know how far Sibley will go and and we have a rough idea of Wilson. 

That is a very honest question and a good one too  

I think Sibley is as good as Wilson, except when it comes to set pieces and maybe some guile gained simply from experience. Sibley is younger and i think tougher. He also has a strong link personally to the club. He will end up better than Wilson

So ... Answer =  I'd be disappointed.

The deal would have to leave us with Joswiak sized change in our pockets for me to be ok with it.

7 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I don't think you really grasp "supply and demand" it actually strengthens EFL clubs position. As premiership clubs can't buy elsewhere during this short interim period.

Also the people who keep putting £20 million + price tags on Sibley .............. really do need a reality check, he has no real pedigree yet, potential yes, but proven pedigree no!

Pedigree or not, he could dribble past those others at Crufts and win a rosette all day long imho. Is what I think.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

So Sibley is staying?

This is a joke yeah?

Do you really think he would get more than half a dozen games with Leeds this season and if not how would that aid his further development? His dream has been to play for the club he supports - he's doing that now, although in 2 or 3 years time who knows what his ambitions will then be. 

@Jourdan- you little tinker!!!

Archived