Kasper Junker

Kyle guest

41 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Boardman was in a air raid shelter that took a direct hit during the war.

His babysitter lay on top of him and got killed saving his life. His brother died sat next to him.

Maybe he is allowed to tell that joke.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The team this guy plays for must have some potential gems. They won promotion in 2017 to the top division, finished 11th out of 16th in 2018, 2nd in 2019 and now sit nearly 20 points clear of second with just 19 matches played. A good young team! 

They only missed out going to the Europa League a week ago as they drew AC Milan AWAY in the Third Qualifying Round - they only lost 3-2. Junker actually scored the opening goal of the game. AC Milan hit back with 3 goals and Bodo/Glimt's best player (apparently) a left winger, Jens Hauge, scored a second but they couldn't find a late equaliser. 

It looks like they gave a good account of themselves, AC Milan were obviously the better team, but it wasn't dominant. It would be interesting to see what makes this team tick, because they're playing at a very high level. I have absolutely no doubt that a couple of the players, at least, will be well worth a watch. 

All good points, but please believe me when I say that the quality in that league is very low...

Watched plenty of SK Brann over the last few years to know that ?

4 minutes ago, sage said:

His babysitter lay on top of him and got killed saving his life. His brother died sat next to him.

I feel for him but that's like saying I got whacked by a black guy so I can tell racist jokes.

But we are in different times and regret is a key word now. 

I'm sure like many others I laughed at the time. 

16 minutes ago, sage said:

Anyone is allowed to tell any joke, surely?

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I feel for him but that's like saying I got whacked by a black guy so I can tell racist jokes.

Fair comment. Replace is for was. Product of his time. 

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

The joke is a play on the word 'Fokker'. I don't understand why regret is required?

5 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

All good points, but please believe me when I say that the quality in that league is very low...

Watched plenty of SK Brann over the last few years to know that ?

Special K Brann is good to get things moving, I have heard. We need to take the roughage with the smooth sometimes.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

What is it about that joke (beside the 'hand on hip' reference right at the beginning) that makes it wrong today?

I guess it's down to how society as changed over the years ... Me personally think it was fine ... Others may not ...just opinions ?

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

What is it about that joke (beside the 'hand on hip' reference right at the beginning) that makes it wrong today?

I think in the context of Boardman's act, which revolves around his hatred of 'dem Jairmans' he is effectively calling them fokkers. 

Now I know his jokes are tongue in cheek but what he could be seen as doing is bracketing one category of people as the same and in a derogatory fashion. 

I personally feel comedy is being destroyed by over-zealous reaction to potential harm. 

I'm just setting out a modern interpretation which prevails (guilt over mistakes of the past) 

23 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Really??? 

Who on earth is offended by that routine? More importantly I can't believe I laughed that much at the time, unless I was about 8!

Archived