Kasper Junker

Kyle guest

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's blindingly obvious that Mel Morris finally has given overriding instructions to his recruitment team (whoever they are) that they need to be looking abroad for value for money, absolutely correct. 

Just get the feeling that it took an extended learning curve to get to this point and are now lagging behind other clubs who did implement this strategy way before we woke up. 

It was stated when Cocu joined he had his own scouting team that would work in conjunction with what we already have. These are most likely players his guys are proposing.

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's blindingly obvious that Mel Morris finally has given overriding instructions to his recruitment team (whoever they are) that they need to be looking abroad for value for money, absolutely correct. 

Just get the feeling that it took an extended learning curve to get to this point and are now lagging behind other clubs who did implement this strategy way before we woke up. 

Ive been thinking about this point. I think it's great we are looking overseas for new blood. Loom at the success we've had in the past with Jim Smith. However we are also trying to bring the youth in. Normally when bedding in the youth you blend experience with youth. Is it a good idea to bring together the youngsters along with overseas players who have no / little experience of this league and would be looking to settle in a new country, new culture, new language, new tactics etc? 

Well from what I’ve seen of both Junker and Dursun, they both seem to offer something that we don’t currently have in our squad - Dursun is a big, quick, strong, powerful, holds the call up well and brings others in to the game, whereas Junker is tricky, skilful, good balance, likes to shoot and seems to have the knack of finding the net with relative ease - as I said, nothing that we currently have. 
Whether we can afford it or not, but I’d like them both please and see if we can recoup some money by selling Marriott - the more I watch him, the more I don’t think he offers us anything much to the team, especially as we’ve signed two wingers who can both put good crosses in and Marriott is rubbish in the air and seems best at running on to through balls ??

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Because after this transfer window we can’t anymore because the European rules won’t exist unless our government allow it - except for regular internationals of major countries 

I sort of can't help but think that money talks though, and certainly at championship level the figures involved will lead to exemptions. "If yer rich, yer in" is not unknown in many counties with otherwise very restrictive immigration policies.

Almost certainly be extra levels of paperwork, but I would imagain it'll be easy enough for prem or championship clubs to overcome with regards to EU players, and possibly be slightly easier for non-EU players. Might well make it virtually impossible for lower league sides though.

Downsides might be it just makes the move to English football a bit less attractive if you're in Italy for example and you have offers from Spain, England and Germany - Although, like at the start, money talks.

Archived