Kasper Junker

Kyle guest

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why would we still sign players Cocu wanted? Surely Rooney would want different players ??‍♂️ 

Good point but I'd say that Cocu knew a good player when he saw one. Whether he could get the best out of them is up for debate.

19 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why would we still sign players Cocu wanted? Surely Rooney would want different players ??‍♂️ 

Not for the sake of it he wouldn't. Not every Cocu signing worked out but that's the case with every manager. Bielik, Jozzy and even Kazim do seem to illustrate that he wasn't too far off the mark so there's little point in slinging out the baby with the bathwater. If good prospects have been identified, Rooney would be a foolish to ignore them, not that I believe for a moment that he would.

Big question for me is - who has been the main person recommending players to the manager. I think maybe Rosenior. Now Wayne can ring his contacts at clubs and see who is free and he may get preferential treatment we hope. It would be easy to identify the top two players from each lower league club in an afternoon. Surely we have software to check the progress of every player in the top four divisions in UK and Ireland.

16 hours ago, Rampage said:

Big question for me is - who has been the main person recommending players to the manager. I think maybe Rosenior. Now Wayne can ring his contacts at clubs and see who is free and he may get preferential treatment we hope. It would be easy to identify the top two players from each lower league club in an afternoon. Surely we have software to check the progress of every player in the top four divisions in UK and Ireland.

He can't have used up all the '000s of names he said he had watched last summer can he?

On 28/12/2020 at 23:33, Rampage said:

Yes we have a scouting/recruitment setup at Derby. Is'nt Stevie Mac's son on this payroll in charge of this.

14 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Yes we have a scouting/recruitment setup at Derby. Is'nt Stevie Mac's son on this payroll in charge of this.

He may be an unsung hero in that case. Looks good for next few years with Schteve, Son of Schteve and Rooney. Rooney looks mightily settled in to me. Players increasing in value by the game. Tactics was a factor but Wayne tells us that the players are very good and it was about BELIEF. Rooney is communicating that three points is possible before each game is played. It was very difficult to spot mistakes being made by players last night. 20 attempts on goal and 9 on target seems improbable. They had one shot in target. Murray mints evening for Marshall. At the end of the game Kazim went to congratulate our 16 year old debutant. Kazim - worth his weight in Turkish Delight. Sibley had a place in this team if he can adapt to playing in the wing. Jozwiack has the quickest feet since Hinton. Marked by two men he pulled a truck on them. He saw Knight with his hand up and curled an exquisite pass into the path of Knight coming in from the blind side. We have had it done to us. Now we are doing it to them. Will be interesting to see Wayne's team against Chorley. Academy eleven with nine first team subs is what I would do. COYR

On 30/09/2020 at 10:26, Ambitious said:

The team this guy plays for must have some potential gems. They won promotion in 2017 to the top division, finished 11th out of 16th in 2018, 2nd in 2019 and now sit nearly 20 points clear of second with just 19 matches played. A good young team! 

They only missed out going to the Europa League a week ago as they drew AC Milan AWAY in the Third Qualifying Round - they only lost 3-2. Junker actually scored the opening goal of the game. AC Milan hit back with 3 goals and Bodo/Glimt's best player (apparently) a left winger, Jens Hauge, scored a second but they couldn't find a late equaliser. 

It looks like they gave a good account of themselves, AC Milan were obviously the better team, but it wasn't dominant. It would be interesting to see what makes this team tick, because they're playing at a very high level. I have absolutely no doubt that a couple of the players, at least, will be well worth a watch. 

On 30/09/2020 at 10:38, Ambitious said:

Patrick Berg has been called up to the Norweigen national team, who is there 22 year old captain. Defensive midfielder. 

Hauge was definitely their highest rated player: 20 year old left winger, 14 goals and 10 assists in 18 games. He, too, has just been called up by Norway and on the verge of securing a €5m move to AC Milan worth €20k-a-week. It will be interesting to see how he gets on, obviously looks the part. Norway have a really promising team. 

Hauge has recently broke into AC Milan starting XI and seems to be doing well. It could be worth looking at Junker in more detail, especially considering the transition for Hauge has been ok and that's at the very top of Serie A. 

Although, we may not have money to make this happen. I guess we will have to see. 

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Hauge has recently broke into AC Milan starting XI and seems to be doing well. It could be worth looking at Junker in more detail, especially considering the transition for Hauge has been ok and that's at the very top of Serie A. 

Although, we may not have money to make this happen. I guess we will have to see. 

Watford have just snagged another high scoring forward from the same team on a free I think, haven't they? 

Interesting to see how he does. Could be a shrewd bit of business

4 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

Watford have just snagged another high scoring forward from the same team on a free I think, haven't they? 

Interesting to see how he does. Could be a shrewd bit of business

Shame our scouts have been self isolating for the past ten years... 

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Hauge has been rotated in the team a bit, but certainly made an impact recently. Milan are a young team with a few older heads, such as Zlatan who’s had a great impact.

The difference may be that Hauge is a young player with heaps of potential playing with some very good players. Junker is not only a lot closer to his peak, he would also need to be at a high level from the off. A lot more pressure

Archived