Kasper Junker

Kyle guest

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think in the context of Boardman's act, which revolves around his hatred of 'dem Jairmans' he is effectively calling them fokkers. 

Now I know his jokes are tongue in cheek but what he could be seen as doing is bracketing one category of people as the same and in a derogatory fashion. 

I personally feel comedy is being destroyed by over-zealous reaction to potential harm. 

I'm just setting out a modern interpretation which prevails (guilt over mistakes of the past) 

Your right.

Between to Germany a few times. Was surprised they were totally normal and quite up for a laugh when I first arrived, having watched this video I assumed they were all sour faced miseries who looked like Rudi Voller's love child and members of The Scorpions. 

Nothing wrong with humour and parody in the right place, otherwise we'd all wind up walking round looking like we were in Kraftwerk.

image.thumb.png.6fafa364502b3e0091bfd376fb0757c8.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Interesting true story though.  Puts his whole chipshop routine in a different light... Didn't think he was old enough tbh, hope I look that good at 80+

You know that clip is about thirty years old don't you?

39 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Your right.

Between to Germany a few times. Was surprised they were totally normal and quite up for a laugh when I first arrived, having watched this video I assumed they were all sour faced miseries who looked like Rudi Voller's love child and members of The Scorpions. 

Nothing wrong with humour and parody in the right place, otherwise we'd all wind up walking round looking like we were in Kraftwerk.

image.thumb.png.6fafa364502b3e0091bfd376fb0757c8.png

That's our new back four signed before the deadline, very apt Showroom Dummies are probably more mobile than the current set.

Joke by the way i think defensively we will be sound soon.

13 hours ago, Amberram said:

Austin is like Michael fekkin Palin.

Can we have another spurious transfer target now please before the window closes, ideally with an exotic name. Fun while it lasted even though it was eventually a junker. Can we have someone from Africa, South America or Asia etc. please.

On 30/09/2020 at 16:37, Needlesh said:

The joke is a play on the word 'Fokker'. I don't understand why regret is required?

I didn’t like Stan boardman at the time, but It made me laugh now?  

5 hours ago, Rampage said:

Can we have another spurious transfer target now please before the window closes, ideally with an exotic name. Fun while it lasted even though it was eventually a junker. Can we have someone from Africa, South America or Asia etc. please.

I've heard we're in for a Japanese striker called Mitsubishi.  Zero chance of it happening according to the AWOL tramp.

• 2 months later...
On 03/10/2020 at 16:22, Carl Sagan said:

That Three Lions video still gives me goosebumps.

Liked the sound of Junker but we have great striking options in the academy and breaking into the first time and we need to give them space to breathe and develop.

If we do not get another player as striker then if Colin gets injured we will be in a lot of trouble, I think, Carl.

On 23/12/2020 at 18:21, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That's why I can't understand why Chelsea are interested in Haaland, he has only had half a decent season with Dortmund and Chelsea want to pay millions for him, guarantee he will be a cart horse next season ?

Errrr.... Might want to check his 2019/20 stats too buddy ?

Archived