Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Arsene Titman said:

Yes, in the Daily Mirror today. There’ll be a lot of hacked off supporters if this is true and the Red Dogs get him

I don't know. We simply don't know how good this guy is - we've seen him do a few flicks, score a few goals and because he's big then he's excited a few people. 

17/18 - 3 goals in 27 2.Bundesliga games - 1300 minutes. 433.33 minutes per goal. 
18/19 - 11 goals in 33 2.Budesliga games - 2903 minutes. 263.90 minutes per goal.
19/20 - 16 goals in 34 2.Bundesliga games - 2713 mintues. 169.56 minutes per goal.

Phillipp Hofmnan is a player with a similar record, scored more than Dursun (with the same assists last season) and when he was at Brentford he managed 4 goals in 31 Championship games. 

I've seen a lot of people say they would prefer Dursun over Austin. I can see the merit in that, however Austin is a much, much safer choice in the fact he'll come with a much better goal record and a proven track record in this division over a prolonged period of time. 

In the same season Dursun scored 3 goals in 27 games in the second division of German football. Austin had 7 in 24 Premier League games. In fact, Charlie Austin has the same goal ratio in the Premier League over the course of his career than Dursun does in the second division of German football. 

Without knowing the finances, if you were to offer me Austin or Dursun then I would go for the former. It's a no brainer. Dursun could well prove to be better, but I think there is plenty to suggest that he's also go the potential to be much worse. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't know. We simply don't know how good this guy is - we've seen him do a few flicks, score a few goals and because he's big then he's excited a few people. 

17/18 - 3 goals in 27 2.Bundesliga games - 1300 minutes. 433.33 minutes per goal. 
18/19 - 11 goals in 33 2.Budesliga games - 2903 minutes. 263.90 minutes per goal.
19/20 - 16 goals in 34 2.Bundesliga games - 2713 mintues. 169.56 minutes per goal.

Phillipp Hofmnan is a player with a similar record, scored more than Dursun (with the same assists last season) and when he was at Brentford he managed 4 goals in 31 Championship games. 

I've seen a lot of people say they would prefer Dursun over Austin. I can see the merit in that, however Austin is a much, much safer choice in the fact he'll come with a much better goal record and a proven track record in this division over a prolonged period of time. 

In the same season Dursun scored 3 goals in 27 games in the second division of German football. Austin had 7 in 24 Premier League games. In fact, Charlie Austin has the same goal ratio in the Premier League over the course of his career than Dursun does in the second division of German football. 

Without knowing the finances, if you were to offer me Austin or Dursun then I would go for the former. It's a no brainer. Dursun could well prove to be better, but I think there is plenty to suggest that he's also go the potential to be much worse. 

Great post. 

I hope you're right. 

Weirdly Austin feels like the bigger gamble in that I think Dursun would take some time to settle and I expect him to do ok... Austin I can see being either an instant success or a total waste of cash. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'd prefer rabid excitement or caustic vituperation over sensible posts like this.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

All well and good, but there's many different roles a striker can play and those stats don't take that into account, nor the team around them and it's success. Very easy to list off figures from completely different situations and say A is better than B, but it doesn't provide much context other than fluff to either support your view point or not.

13 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Well before the deadline we signed Ibe, Byrne, Marshall & Jozwiak on permanent deals and renewed the loan of Clarke - do you consider these to be crap signings?

We may still bring in another 1 or 2 in the next 24 hours and there's another 11 days to go to the domestic deadline. Some fans are NEVER satisfied.

Just striker wise I am talking 

Just now, Srg said:

All well and good, but there's many different roles a striker can play and those stats don't take that into account, nor the team around them and it's success. Very easy to list off figures from completely different situations and say A is better than B, but it doesn't provide much context other than fluff to either support your view point or not.

I agree, completely, it's exactly why I said Dursun could be better than Austin. I've watched one full match with him in, a pre-season friendly in which he scored twice. He had a few nice touches, but he was far from convincing. Darmstadt in that particular game were actually really bad. Dursun looked like their most polished player but it wasn't a performance that thought we were signing a player that would change the trajectory of the team, in fact I saw more to suggest the opposite. 

If we do end up going with Ibe and Jozwiak on the wings then I would suggest that someone upfront with good movement, who can get on the end of balls into the box would be significant. 

I know I am in the minority in not putting emphasis on having a big man upfront. 

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is all well and good but they are different types of players. Austin has never been a hold up striker, Dursun is. Austin needs to feed off chances, he isn't the athletic type and he won't come deep to get the ball. 

For the striker role we need, goals aren't always the "primary objective" in a sense that it's equally as important for them to bring others into play, Austin won't do that. 

Speaking to someone clued up on analytics, they said Dursun would fit better and is what we need regarding a target man who will bring others into play. 

7 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

This is all well and good but they are different types of players. Austin has never been a hold up striker, Dursun is. Austin needs to feed off chances, he isn't the athletic type and he won't come deep to get the ball. 

Exactly he's a similar player to Marriott. I thought we were looking for a Chris Martin replacement. This all just seems like a bit of a panic buy because we can't get our top targets

Archived