Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I hope we sign someone more proven than one goal every lunar new year Davis. We may as well wait until Waghorn is back or play our young and Unproven players of our own like Ingram or Duncan. 

At the end of the day the lad is a Premier League player and could actually thrive with the way that Cocu wants to play.  If he signs then I will back the lad and not dismiss him before he's actually pulled on a Derby shirt!

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

There was definitely something in it. He wouldn't have followed us and the EFL if it wasn't. I suspect we may go back in January and get him signed up on a free for the following season but I can't see it.

Maybe but I’m not too fussed 

I'd keep this thread open - English speaking big target man, who can clearly play up front on his own with his back to goal in the Cocu mould- contract running out in 8 months time - last chance for his club to cash in this January - looking to make an impact to get in the Turkish squad for the Euros - decent and improving goalscoring record after a late start to his pro career.  

Maybe Darmstadt were too far away on price this time round (or had no replacement ready) but he's definitely on the radar now. Suspect like Te Wierek or Joswiak - we'll keep his number for another window. 

I think the issue with Durson was that he was "open" to a move here...but equally happy where he was....so really all his club needed to do was just 'sit on it '....no pressure on them. If he'd said "I want to go to Derby". Then it's a different matter. Having spent many years in Recruitment one of the things with candidates is that if they're happy where they are you're not going to get them to move.....

56 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

I think the issue with Durson was that he was "open" to a move here...but equally happy where he was....so really all his club needed to do was just 'sit on it '....no pressure on them. If he'd said "I want to go to Derby". Then it's a different matter. Having spent many years in Recruitment one of the things with candidates is that if they're happy where they are you're not going to get them to move.....

Know him personally?

The benefit of having a later than usual summer transfer window is that the gap until the next window is much shorter. The January window opens in only 12 weeks. If waiting such a short period saves the club £800k or more then it's probably a wise move in the current financial circumstances (providing we still want/need him in January)

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The guy is still liking Derby's Instagram posts. 

Convinced he's been told he'll come in January.

Agree ,possibly get him at our price,gives them a shout at finding a replacement and in the mean time puts  positive pressure  on present players to prove their worth

On 07/10/2020 at 12:22, Olton Ram said:

The benefit of having a later than usual summer transfer window is that the gap until the next window is much shorter. The January window opens in only 12 weeks. If waiting such a short period saves the club £800k or more then it's probably a wise move in the current financial circumstances (providing we still want/need him in January)

We'll be relegated by then ?