Bogle - replaced by Byrne - not an improvement

Lowe - not first choice - might easily have become 1st choice

Malone - not first choice - OK

Huddlestone - not first choice - OK

Marriott - injured/not first choice - OK 

Jozefzoon - barely played at all - OK

Martin - became first choice - Offer refused

Marshall - big upgrade on Roos/Hamer

Te Weirik - jury is out I admit but we’re no weaker in this position as we re signed Clarke 

Jozwiak - improvement

Ibe - improvement 

Keogh - not replaced?

Neither fullback is better than last season.

We have no hold-up striker.

Do we have enough quality at centre-half?

Yes, we've a couple of (hopefully) decent wingers.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The proof will be in the pudding. 

We now know what we have to go with until January. We've improved some aspects of our team, particularly the goalkeeping situation and wide areas. We've potentially weakened other areas, most certainly our striking options. I suppose we are fortunate that we have a number of players that are progressing in their career and will hopefully improve as the season goes on. 

Cocu, by his own admission, is focused on achieving a top six finish and now must believe he has a team that can achieve that goal. You live and die by the sword. I have my reservations, personally, but we will have to wait and see. It's a tough month, with tonight being a game that could really sour the mood. 

I’m very worried about this season. If we’re not careful we could easily get relegated. Every other club is doing bussiness and we are doing f all apart from get rid of players. I want to know exactly where all the money from sales and loans is going / gone 

11 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Can someone explain what this “project” is I have to trust?

That within three years the team will be.

superb goallie

ebosele   Solomon   Some bugger.    Buchanan.    

Bird.       Bielik

Knight.      Sibley.      Jozwiak

Whittaker 

....and we’ll be sitting pretty in the Premier League

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

That within three years the team will be.

superb goallie

ebosele   Solomon   Some bugger.    Buchanan.    

Bird.       Bielik

Knight.      Sibley.      Jozwiak

Whittaker 

....and we’ll be sitting pretty in the Premier League

Some bugger won’t make it, ankles made of glass. 

Just can't understand letting Marriott go on loan. What's the point, we desperately need the money? We think he's of such little value he's not worth having on the bench? That would seem madness to suggest he's not an option and can't make a decent impact, based on the other options we have. Cover for injuries?

4 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Just can't understand letting Marriott go on loan. What's the point, we desperately need the money? We think he's of such little value he's not worth having on the bench? That would seem madness to suggest he's not an option and can't make a decent impact, based on the other options we have. Cover for injuries?

Cocu probably thinks we can get a similar level of cover from JHI or Duncan, which based on Marriott's performances for the past year or so I'm inclined to agree with. He'll also be considerably more money than those two.

2 minutes ago, superzak said:

Could be phillip is the modern day Tommy Doc lol

I started this topic in Sept with Cocu Out and how negative his teams play.

Why have we given contracts to Ibe and  now Richards is this the best we can get nobody else wanted them. 

The young forward line Sibley Whitaker etc  are not ready for the championship full stop.

We are falling at a rate of knots cannot get players to come to the club Bogle Low Marriott all gone and we bring in 2 players who off the scrap heap .

I think there's problems behind the scenes that we know. 

Cocu Out!!!

Cocu is here until he until get's sacked. He's had a year to get the best out of the players, but has failed to do that. You have to make the best of the hand you are dealt, sticking to a style that is unsuitable for the championship will result in failure. If we are in the bottom three at the start of November, it will be time for Cocu to go.

2 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

I started this topic in Sept with Cocu Out and how negative his teams play.

Why have we given contracts to Ibe and  now Richards is this the best we can get nobody else wanted them. 

The young forward line Sibley Whitaker etc  are not ready for the championship full stop.

We are falling at a rate of knots cannot get players to come to the club Bogle Low Marriott all gone and we bring in 2 players who off the scrap heap .

I think there's problems behind the scenes that we know. 

Cocu Out!!!

Hahaha, I love these dramatic posts

Its time to go now,  not in 2 months time when we are deep in the bottom 3 and having a right battle for survival , need a manager with passion he stands on the side of the field like a docile lizard,  if mick Mccarthy or Ian Holloway were watching this they would be throwing boots on the field at the players , absolutely shocking football we are playing and we look as dangerous as a pillow in the sea , pure dog mess

Archived