Florian Jozefzoon - Joined Rotherham on loan

richinspain

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/10/2020 at 17:15, Jourdan said:

Jozefzoon is a fairly capable Championship player. His time at Brentford tells you that.

He’s just never been given full backing by the managers here.

Players need that TLC - to be loved, to be encouraged, to be backed and to be trusted.

If Warne and the staff at Rotherham can do that, it’ll be interesting to see what kind of impact he will have.

How many players come here, don’t hit the heights, but join another club and look completely revitalised?

A move to Millwall has worked for Bennett, Malone and Pearce. A move to Bristol City has worked for Weimann and a return worked for Paterson. A move to Blackburn seems to have worked for Bradley Johnson too.

Even Kieran Dowell - one of our worst signings in living memory - moved to Wigan, flourished and earned himself a move to Norwich.

So there’s definite hope for Jozefzoon.

You say Zoon is a good championship player then yet again blame Cocu for him not being loved here!! I mean ffs you’re hitting new lows here yet again ....you don’t know how he’s been treated by Cocu I doubt though he’s been treated badly.....he had one good season with Brentford and there fans warned us of that ...yet it’s our clubs fault ....for the record lots of players make moves and play better at other clubs and vice versa it’s football ....Zoon has had chances here and it hasn’t worked out....end of!! so him moving on is good for all parties ...I hope he does well wherever he goes 

13 minutes ago, S8TY said:

You say Zoon is a good championship player then yet again blame Cocu for him not being loved here!! I mean ffs you’re hitting new lows here yet again ....you don’t know how he’s been treated by Cocu I doubt though he’s been treated badly.....he had one good season with Brentford and there fans warned us of that ...yet it’s our clubs fault ....for the record lots of players make moves and play better at other clubs and vice versa it’s football ....Zoon has had chances here and it hasn’t worked out....end of!! so him moving on is good for all parties ...I hope he does well wherever he goes 

What an overreaction, again.

I said he hadn’t been backed by the managers here, so both Lampard and Cocu.

Only you could interpret this harmless post as an attack on Cocu.

36 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Define "backed".

Both Lampard and Cocu have played him but he's never took the chance and performed.

If any manager kept him in the team while he continued to lose the ball or put crosses straight out for a throw in, would you be arguing that he should not be dropped?

55 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You overreact to everything pal ...if we spend money it’s wrong if we keep players that aren’t performing it’s because they haven’t been loved ....good job you wasn’t manager when Stern John was here another player who played better for other clubs ...he was a pain in the backside when played against us but dire for us ....perhaps our manager didn’t love him either .....jeeeez mate get a grip 

Good luck to him if can find himself a new club and get his career back on track. 

No matter how badly he may feel he has been treated by the both the manager and the club he has never (that i have heard) publicly criticized either. 

If your going I think you leave with most supporters best wishes.

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Good luck to him, hasn’t worked out here, can’t say he hasn’t tried when he came on against forest and Martin scored he went mental, showed passion for a guy who wasn’t getting a look in

That’s about the fairest thing I could say about him too. Good luck, had opportunities here, never really did it or grabbed them; ultimately never thought he looked that good and feels a bad move for all concerned coming here. Anything we get back from Rotherham, even wages is a damage limitation bonus, I hope he does well for them.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Define "backed".

Both Lampard and Cocu have played him but he's never took the chance and performed.

If any manager kept him in the team while he continued to lose the ball or put crosses straight out for a throw in, would you be arguing that he should not be dropped?

You make it sound like Jozefzoon is the only player to have bad games and make mistakes.

I am not saying that Jozefzoon has had a good time here. Far from it.

But could the managers have made the difference there?

If you look at how Lampard man managed and showed faith in Mount, Wilson, Tomori, Bennett amongst others even when they had poor spells, perhaps Jozefzoon could have benefitted from the same faith?

If you look at how Cocu stood by Lawrence after the drink driving scandal, perhaps Jozefzoon could have benefitted from the same loyalty? Yet this summer he wasn’t even given a squad number and asked to find a new club when we had no wingers to speak of.

21 starts in two years is hardly indicative of backing and chance after chance by either manager.

The majority of his substitute appearances ended up being a reluctant last roll of the dice too.

How is someone expected to perform and deliver for expectant fans and live up to a £3 million price tag if their own manager is seemingly doesn’t believe in them?

Anyway, let’s move on from this. I’d rather discuss Harry Wilson.

14 hours ago, Jourdan said:

You make it sound like Jozefzoon is the only player to have bad games and make mistakes.

I am not saying that Jozefzoon has had a good time here. Far from it.

But could the managers have made the difference there?

If you look at how Lampard man managed and showed faith in Mount, Wilson, Tomori, Bennett amongst others even when they had poor spells, perhaps Jozefzoon could have benefitted from the same faith?

If you look at how Cocu stood by Lawrence after the drink driving scandal, perhaps Jozefzoon could have benefitted from the same loyalty? Yet this summer he wasn’t even given a squad number and asked to find a new club when we had no wingers to speak of.

21 starts in two years is hardly indicative of backing and chance after chance by either manager.

The majority of his substitute appearances ended up being a reluctant last roll of the dice too.

How is someone expected to perform and deliver for expectant fans and live up to a £3 million price tag if their own manager is seemingly doesn’t believe in them?

Anyway, let’s move on from this. I’d rather discuss Harry Wilson.

He started off quite promising with a goal and an assist over the two Hull games. Wilson returned from Injury and his goal scoring form suddenly took off, and Lawrence put in the occasional good performance. When Jozefzoon got other chances after this point but very rarely impressed

Archived