Florian Jozefzoon - Joined Rotherham on loan

richinspain

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's just a gut feeling that he moves on to return 15 goals/assists and gets rave reviews. 

I can just imagine him getting loads of goals and assists, having no recall clause in January and us having to let him go for free once his contract runs out next year!

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Thank duck someone has come in for him, getting shot of him in any way shape or form is good news. Nothing against the bloke, but his move here has been a disaster. Be great to have him off the wage book.

Hilarious. Getting shot of him an any shape or form is good news...nothing against the bloke...

Jozefzoon is a fairly capable Championship player. His time at Brentford tells you that.

He’s just never been given full backing by the managers here.

Players need that TLC - to be loved, to be encouraged, to be backed and to be trusted.

If Warne and the staff at Rotherham can do that, it’ll be interesting to see what kind of impact he will have.

How many players come here, don’t hit the heights, but join another club and look completely revitalised?

A move to Millwall has worked for Bennett, Malone and Pearce. A move to Bristol City has worked for Weimann and a return worked for Paterson. A move to Blackburn seems to have worked for Bradley Johnson too.

Even Kieran Dowell - one of our worst signings in living memory - moved to Wigan, flourished and earned himself a move to Norwich.

So there’s definite hope for Jozefzoon.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think you are wrong. However perhaps he's never earnt it.

I'm pretty sure the coaches have tried with him. Had they not I think he'd have been asked to move on a lot sooner. I think part of the issue is that he's a brilliant trainer, but a racehorse that only gives it's running on the gallops, never on the racecourse, ain't gonna pay its fees and Zoon's not put up for a fair while, though in admittedly limited opportunities.

I'm inclined to think that there's a decent player in there, but it seems like his confidence is shot away.  Maybe if he gets more regular game time, which he likely would with this loan, something will click and some confidence may return. He comes across as a decent lad and it'd be nice to see him find some form again.

Ultimately we spent the whole of last season crying out for someone who could play on the right, and he barely got a look in. Two managers didn’t trust him. 

A real shame, clearly brilliant in training and also when playing at the KCOM Stadium, it’s just a shame about everywhere else.

Good to lose another of Frank’s failures off the wage bill.

12 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'm inclined to think that there's a decent player in there, but it seems like his confidence is shot away. 

12 hours ago, nottingram said:

Ultimately we spent the whole of last season crying out for someone who could play on the right, and he barely got a look in. Two managers didn’t trust him. 

I'm inclined to think he's not good enough. Afterall this is his second spell with Cocu!

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm inclined to think he's not good enough. Afterall this is his second spell with Cocu!

I don’t think it’s a question of raw ability - plenty have said he’s the most skilful at the club without any hesitation. Of course, ‘skill’ isn’t everything but it suggests there’s definitely a footballer in there somewhere. For whatever reason he hasn’t been able to knit it all together on the pitch and there’s clearly a reason he’s pretty much the only one who’s been totally excluded under Cocu, as well as never really being in favour under the manager who signed him. 

Frank’s permanent dealings get worse the longer time goes on!

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I don’t think it’s a question of raw ability - plenty have said he’s the most skilful at the club without any hesitation. Of course, ‘skill’ isn’t everything but it suggests there’s definitely a footballer in there somewhere. For whatever reason he hasn’t been able to knit it all together on the pitch and there’s clearly a reason he’s pretty much the only one who’s been totally excluded under Cocu, as well as never really being in favour under the manager who signed him. 

Frank’s permanent dealings get worse the longer time goes on!

His decision making leaves a lot to be desired. You can see he has good close control, and can keep the ball but he often chose to do the wrong thing with it. There were a lot of times where he was one on one with the full back and wouldn't take him on, often passing back. Then he would have 3 players on him and he would try and take them all on instead making an easy pass. 

The most obvious example I can think of is at Wembley. He was in the box up against 2 defenders, tried to take them both on and forced a corner, that seems good play, and there were a lot of people on here raving how good he looked in that moment, however, there was a simple square ball to Waghorn who was unmarked on the penalty spot, all he had to do was roll the ball to him and it probably would have been 2-2.

Archived