"like i said" "like i said

minesahartington

Ok i will say it...I miss Richard Keogh

I miss his defence splitting passes, his mad "rio ferdinand style" forward surges, his ability to wrestle himself to the ground in tousles with strikers..and always get the decision..his exaggerated drop one shoulder telegraphed passing style and even his weird goggly eyes.

He gave everything for the Rams and was often criticised and never forgiven for that mistake. He also gave me great memories. His ball to Jack at Leeds....

Oh for a player with his passion now..seems so long ago

Yes he is one brick short of a full load and should have known better but thats not in hindsight gonna distort my memories

"let he who cats the first stone"

Now back in full training for the MK Dons i understand. Perhaps he will grace Pride Park again. If he ever does i will stand and applaud him and once again make that call...."keeeooo..keeeoooooo"

He was a Ram and how we need one now amongst the sheep

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we need do someone with RK's passion and enthusiasm. Talking purely on field, the odd error is expected from a player who is so involved in the game. Unfortunately he was never forgiven by some supporters, for an an unfortunate, but critical mistake in a Wembley play off final. 

I miss Keogh the player to be fair. He was a top class centre back at this level, both defensively and on the ball. Massively under appreciated by a section of our fan base because of a stupid error at Wembley (very similar to Roos in that respect). Replacing a player like him at this level was always going to be difficult, but I think we’ve managed it with Clarke. I think Te Weirik will work out as well, so I’m not too concerned about the CB position to be fair. 

Don’t miss Keogh the man though. That incident showed you all you need to know about him as a captain. I’m glad he’s gone, can’t be having “role models” like that around the young lads. If he returns to Pride Park, I for one won’t be giving him a nice reception. He lost my respect that night.

I feel really sorry for him how it all ended.

Who hasn't done something a bit stupid when drunk?

The players were given the license to drink and Keogh's main crime was to drink too much. Who has never done that?

Who has never had too much to drink and got into the back of a mates car and been too drunk to put a seatbelt on. 

He was very unlucky that there was an accident and he smashed his knee up.

Lawrence and Bennett's crimes were far worse, but it was Keogh that unfortunately suffered the most.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

The players were given the license to drink and Keogh's main crime was to drink too much. Who has never done that?

Who has never had too much to drink and got into the back of a mates car and been too drunk to put a seatbelt on. 

Lawrence and Bennett's crimes were far worse, but it was Keogh that unfortunately suffered the most.

Were they not given a few hours to have a meal and a couple of drinks and then get a paid for taxi home at a reasonable hour.  Not quite a license to drink. The club made the mistake of assuming as grown men and athletes paid very handsomely for doing a job they could be trusted.  Instead they acted like 18 yr olds on their first trip abroad that needed an 18-30 rep to chaperone there booze intake, as captain he was the one leading the conga.  No sympathy what so ever.  

9 hours ago, minesahartington said:

Ok i will say it...I miss Richard Keogh

I miss his defence splitting passes, his mad "rio ferdinand style" forward surges, his ability to wrestle himself to the ground in tousles with strikers..and always get the decision..his exaggerated drop one shoulder telegraphed passing style and even his weird goggly eyes.

He gave everything for the Rams and was often criticised and never forgiven for that mistake. He also gave me great memories. His ball to Jack at Leeds....

Oh for a player with his passion now..seems so long ago

Yes he is one brick short of a full load and should have known better but thats not in hindsight gonna distort my memories

"let he who cats the first stone"

Now back in full training for the MK Dons i understand. Perhaps he will grace Pride Park again. If he ever does i will stand and applaud him and once again make that call...."keeeooo..keeeoooooo"

He was a Ram and how we need one now amongst the sheep

Weird googly eyes ?

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Were they not given a few hours to have a meal and a couple of drinks and then get a paid for taxi home at a reasonable hour.  Not quite a license to drink. The club made the mistake of assuming as grown men and athletes paid very handsomely for doing a job they could be trusted.  Instead they acted like 18 yr olds on their first trip abroad that needed an 18-30 rep to chaperone there booze intake, as captain he was the one leading the conga.  No sympathy what so ever.  

People sometimes get carried away and drink a bit too much, usually with no repercussions other than a hangover. He was very unlucky.

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I also feel sorry for him, and will give him a cheer if he ever comes here again. We all make mistakes 

But ... he was the club captain out and about with younger players. He did not lead by example as a captain should

Imagine if you are a delivery driver and lose your licence .. tough, you lose your job. You can’t expect your employer to pay you in those circumstances. 

If you are the same delivery driver and have a fight in a pub, get fined for disorder, you can still do your job. Your employer might baalock you but if you turn up for work sober and functional then that’s about it. 

Keogh suffered most financially because the consequences of his own actions made it so. It’s Lawrence and Bennett who have criminal convictions ( did Keogh get one too ? - I can’t remember ) 

No. Yes. No. No. No. Look, no.

Like I said, I don't miss him. Good player, for sure, but not an example and professional model I'd like our youngsters to follow.

And I don't mean only the Joiners Gate, yelling at others after his own mistakes is not the culture I'd like to have in my team. That's what captain is representing, club culture, with his actions and behavior.

Good riddance, just takes time to replace him on the pitch.

Archived